+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

FORT Fogey

Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Did you stand in line? I went to Barnes and Noble w/my bf last night and we got plastic glasses and got our book at midnight, it was a fun party!

I am reading it today. Did anyone else go get it last night?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hey FG!

I had preordered it and Barnes and Noble gave everyone free upgraded shipping so it would arrive today. I got it about 11 this morning. Can't wait to dive in. I think they are really fun books.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I love them too, but I wait for the paperback. I hate reading hard backs - they are just too big and I get tired holding them up in bed. I'm actually still reading "Goblet of Fire," my mom read it first - we share.

I went to two bookstores today early this morning actually to look for a magazine and saw the remains of their midnight parties. It was a big event here, but the books didn't arrive until 3am! News of the angry impatient mobs made our front page!
    Spay and Neuter your Pets!
    www.chemkim.com

I thought I'd just walk in and by a copy today. HA! The last copy sold at 3AM, I was told. Anyway, I'm on the waiting list. No biggie. I'm still reading Jane Eyre. I did think it was kinda neat that everyone leaving the bookstore had 1 or 2 copies of the new book in their hands....except me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

how much did yall pay for it?
    ~Kimber~remember vote for Chantel Kohl!

I walked in and just picked up a copy at Sam's Club today; they had a huge table that had been full, but only about 50 books were left. The price was a very reasonable $15.72 ($29.99 list price). They were bringing out more boxes of the book as I was standing in line to pay for mine. People who didn't reserve a book might want to check it out.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Mine was like $17 something. I may have gotten free shipping though, and I know the upgraded overnight shipping was free.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    It was like 19 at Barnes and Noble but I have a discount card so paid like 17 dollars!

Stood in line at Borders (or was it B&N? I can never remember!) with my brothers and my boyfriend!

Lovin' it so far!
    *Lacey

I got mine delivered to me by Fed Ex this afternoon. I'm just about to start it. My friend's been saying good things about it. She's been reading all day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast