+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

So DOES anyone know when the next book will come out? I've read all the books and have even read all the "fan fiction" books by Barb. Has anyone else read those? 600 pages printed off on a home computer and three hole punched to go into notebooks... guess I am fanatical.

The "Harry Potter" books are a family tradition with us. When my now 26 year old son was stationed in Diego Garcia (that little 11 mile wide British airstrip in the Indian Ocean) after 9/11, I sent him all the books to date. Reading them gave him something to take his mind off of the sound of B52's screaming overhead and 16 hour shifts. And when my daughter was in a terrible car accident and in the hospital for a week (and later in a wheelchair) Harry Potter gave her something to while away the hours. Now Son is back home and Daughter is walking again, but we haven't forgotten about Harry.
    These books were a lifesaver for all of us.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Hi all!
    Just let me say how excited I am to find out fort has harry potter threads! Anyway, I don't have any solid evidence for when the sixth book will come out, but JK Rowling says she is working hard on it and the book is "flowing like a mountain stream." If I had to guess, I would bet the book will come out summer 2005. (Just hope it's early summer so reading it doesn't interfer with my wedding!)

Oh, and also JKR has a new website that is great! Hmm, I had the site link here but because all of my posts were deleted back when the bachelor forum got dumped I can't post it. Anyhoo, she claims she has hidden information about what is to come in book 6 throughout the site, and while I haven't found anything about the sixth book yet, I have found some interesting bits of information from JK's notebooks, it really is a fun site!

Quote Originally Posted by lil_tink
    Oh, and also JKR has a new website that is great! Hmm, I had the site link here but because all of my posts were deleted back when the bachelor forum got dumped I can't post it. Anyhoo, she claims she has hidden information about what is to come in book 6 throughout the site, and while I haven't found anything about the sixth book yet, I have found some interesting bits of information from JK's notebooks, it really is a fun site!
    Here's the link http://www.jkrowling.com/. It is pretty cool. Very interactive.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Book 6 Spoiler Information

For those of you who are dying to know as I was, you can open The Door on her site now. I also know how to get past what's just beyond. Click here for a cheat.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

haha what is that map of?
    i dont get it
    "the pillar of Storage" haha thats funny
    it is pretty hard to believe that is the actual person as they way they talk
    Last edited by DjDeluxay; 06-29-2004 at 01:58 AM.

New Harry Potter title revealed

From CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/29/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

I'll put it in spoiler mode.

Click to see Spoiler:
    New Harry Potter title revealed
    'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' will be sixth of popular series, agent confirms.
    June 29, 2004: 8:45 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The sixth book in the popular Harry Potter series will be titled "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince," the books' author J.K. Rowling has announced.

Rowling made the announcement on her Web site, JKRowling.com, although it took some knowledge of her site by dedicated fans to reveal the title. The path to find the title was explained on a fan's site, WizardNews.com, and was confirmed Tuesday by her literary agent, Christopher Little Agency, which was reached in London by CNN/Money.

Rowling is still in the process of writing the book and no release date has been set, according to her agent.

A "rumors" section of the site had included a post from fans Monday that the new title would be "Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storge" but Rowling dismissed that idea on the site, saying, "I am trying very hard not to be offended that anyone thought this was possible."

Another posting in the rumor section said that the title would be "Harry Potter and the Toenail of Icklibogg" to which Rowling responded, "Well, if you believed the Storge one..."

On her site's main "Daily News" page Rowling wrote, "Well the door opened at last and I showed you the title of book six - the genuine title, the title that will appear on the published book, the title I have been using in my head for ages and ages. Unfortunately, however, the door opened on the very same day the "Pillar of Storge" hoaxer struck."

Rowling said that she had once considered the new title for her second book, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

"Certain crucial pieces of information in book six were originally planned for 'Chamber of Secrets,' but very early on I realized that this information's proper home was book six," she wrote on the home page.

She seemed to confirm the Half Blood Prince title on the Daily News page by adding "The HBP is neither Harry nor Voldemort," she wrote. Lord Voldemort is the series' villain.

"Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

How tantalizing, Veejer.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ack, this is torture. Why can't she churn out, say, five to seven books a year? Is that asking too much? I can't wait so long between these books, they're too addictive!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I agree! It's been more than a year since her last book. I'm ready for another NOW!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

what kind of title is that??? man i wanted something more edgey
    that butterfly goes a little too fast. i wonder if we catch it there will be more goodys
    Last edited by DjDeluxay; 06-29-2004 at 02:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread