+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Thanks for the update, Dinahann!

You know, I like the Harry Potter books, but as soon as I'm finished with each one, someone must come along and push the Reset button in my mind, because I cannot remember a single detail from one book to the next.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it a "just me" thing?
    No Phat, it's not just you! I'm sitting here reading this thread thinking "Neville? Who the hell is Neville?" I need to go reread before the next one comes out. Luckily, they're such quick read, I can get through all of them in about a week.

I'll probably order from Amazon too. FYI - the "free if it doesn't arrive on July 16th" offer is only good if you pay for shipping (I think it's just regular ground shipping, so not too expensive). I don't think my world will crumble if I don't have it by the 16th, so I'll probably just do the free shipping option. It usually comes pretty quickly - they just don't trip over themselves to get it to you
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You know, I like the Harry Potter books, but as soon as I'm finished with each one, someone must come along and push the Reset button in my mind, because I cannot remember a single detail from one book to the next.

I'm kind of the same way. I remember most of the characters but sometimes forget all they've done. Added to that I've also printed out and read all the fanfic books by Barb so I sometimes forget what the real Harry Potter did and what the fake one did.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Me too and I sometimes think I have to go back and read from the beginnning but nooooo. But the OLD brain doesnt work like the young ones.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm hoping J.K finally gives more background on Snape, and to a lesser degree, Aunt Petunia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I'm hoping J.K finally gives more background on Snape, and to a lesser degree, Aunt Petunia.
    Agreed. I feel like there is alot of background missing from key characters to be filled in, in the upcoming novels .

Im so excited!

HUGE Spoiler, do not read if you don't want to know who is being reported to die in HBP or who the Half-Blood Prince is being reported to be!!! This is being reported by a couple different sources (i.e. The Sun) as a result of massive amounts of betting coming in on these characters:

Click to see Spoiler:
    It is being reported that Dumboldore will die in book 6 and Dean Thomas is the Half Blood Prince. They say a large amount of bets have been placed on these characters in the areas surrounding the town the book is being printed in. It may or may not be true but in my experience betting rumors have a tendency to be true. I was going to include links but am afraid to because they don't get hidden like spoiler info, and I don't want anyone to click on them by accident, but if you go to www.mugglenet.com they have a story with links to the articles.
    Last edited by lil_tink; 05-24-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Hey everyone, this thread was originally started on 6/21/2003 for The Order of the Phoenix. There is another thread started specifically for The Half Blood Prince, located here:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16

eta: Thanks to the mods for changing the name of this thread.
    Last edited by veejer; 05-24-2005 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread