+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Ok, just in case anyone else wants directions for how to get through the door on Jo's site:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Pick up the hair tie on Jo's desk and it will take you to the door, leave the site idle for a few minutes and Peeves will come by and leave keys behind. Grab a key and drag it to the door lock. When you get the right key it will turn and you will be able to open the door. Sorry, no way to know which is the right key except trial and error. Once you get the right key and open the door you see her messy desk, there is a drawer handle, click it and drag the drawer open. Pick up the magnifying glass and click it over the folder on her desk. You'll get a riddle, the answer is chapters-click the spaces on the bottom of the page and type chapters. Another folder will apppear on the screen with pages sticking out the top of it, you can pull the pages out one at a time and you will get three chapter names. Have fun!

And don't feel like a goob Lucy, you think I could have figured this out on my own?

This was posted on mugglenet.com a few days ago:

HBP publication date rumors: June 2005
    Someone in a position to know (whose name we obviously can't reveal) has given us word that Scholastic is planning for a mid-June 2005 release for book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. More specifically, they are considering June 11th and June 18th - both Saturdays.

As always, treat this as a rumor until we can get real confirmation, which in this case will most likely come from JK Rowling's official site.

I would guess that Neville will be the one that dies in the next book. Rowling focused on him so much during Order of The Phoenix, and I suspect that he will play a pivotal part in Half Blood. Lupin has faded to the background , so I don't think his death would have the emotional impact that Neville's would. If not Neville, then my money is on Luna, but I hope she doesn't kill her because I thought it was a great addition to the books, having a female student very different from Hermione's braininess, and Ginny's straight forwardness. Deliciously Loopy!
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 11-26-2004 at 09:25 PM.

I don't know, Lotus. Neville could also fulfill the prophesy. I'm not convinced that it is just Harry. I think Neville will play a role in Voldemort's downfall.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I don't know, Lotus. Neville could also fulfill the prophesy. I'm not convinced that it is just Harry. I think Neville will play a role in Voldemort's downfall.

I agree veejer. I think that Neville will be playing a big part in at least the next book, and hopefully the 7th book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke
    I agree veejer. I think that Neville will be playing a big part in at least the next book, and hopefully the 7th book as well.
    I have to agree with this as well. Neville really was brought to a main character role in the last book, we learned a lot about him and his family. That does not mean though that JK Rowling could not surprise us and kill him, I would be extremely sad if that did happen though!

Oh, I hope Neville doesn't die! He's my favorite character after Harry, Hermione and Ron!

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    I think it will be someone in the Order will get killed off next. // I also have the bad feeling that Harry Potter will die in the 7th Book. and that Neville will destroy Voldemort. // but that's my own opinion. I'm sure i'm wrong...I haven't been right yet. but it is fun coming up with ideas.

It's killing me waiting for the next book.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

*bump*

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released on Saturday, July 16th. The U.S. edition will have 672 pages. A special addition, also available, has 704 pages. It features a 32 page black and white art insert.

Some spoilerish information can be found on the following website:
    http://www.hpandthehalfbloodprince.org/faq.htm#howlong

I can't wait! Amazon is guaranteeing the book to arrive on July 16th or it's free. I may order through them this time, instead of lurking at the bookstore 'til one minute after midnight!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Thanks for the update, Dinahann!

You know, I like the Harry Potter books, but as soon as I'm finished with each one, someone must come along and push the Reset button in my mind, because I cannot remember a single detail from one book to the next.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it a "just me" thing?
    Last edited by phat32; 05-22-2005 at 03:27 PM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread