+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Thanks for the article, veejer.

Lupin is my favorite adult character and I just love Hagrid. I'm way too emotionally involved in those books for my own good.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Waargh. I hate character deaths.

We'll see. It's so going to be Lupin. Possibly Hagrid.
    I read an article where one of the suggestions was Dumbledore, with him coming back as a ghost. Seems like an interesting idea though I'm sure I would shed bucketloads of tears if Dumbledore died.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i just about threw my book when i read that Siris Black died.....it is hard to read characters that you love get killed off. it better not be Hagrid that gets killed off.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

At this point I don't care who gets killed off, I just. Want. The. Next. Book.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy

April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

well,i didn't stand in line to pay it... because i ordered it through the internet!^_^ lol~
    _

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    My sentiment exactly.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Ditto to that. Although I do have interesting discussions with my kids about it. They're still young and naive enough to say, "But she couldn't kill off.....!" And then I remind them about Sirius.

I think I enjoyed the first three so much because we didn't start reading them until the third was published, so we went through those all in order in a short period of time. With 4 a little and with 5 a lot, I'd lost my emotional attachment to the characters. I'll have to re-read them all before 6 comes out.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I know what you mean. I'm such an HP addict!

Nevertheless, I think I'd be very unhappy if she killed off one more of my favorite characters. (I still think Lupin's the likeliest candidate, being the last of the best of the MWPP and all...the circle of tragedy and retribution would be complete.) Sirius' death put me in a viciously bad mood, as he was the one I found most endearing, because even being a bully and a bastard, he was redeemed in my eyes by his immense capacity for loyalty and affection.

So I internally railed at Rowling for giving him such a shoddy end. Sirius deserved better. And for months on end I'd refuse to even touch the HP books, out of defiance, y'know.

ETA: (Yeah, nobody needs tell me I'm too emotionally-invested in the characters for my own good. )
    Last edited by nausicaa; 10-28-2004 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa

ETA: (Yeah, nobody needs tell me I'm too emotionally-invested in the characters for my own good. )
    You are not alone nausicaa, I read at least one HP book/month and I still cry almost every time. Especially books 4 and 5.

I think the third movie will come out on DVD this Christmas and the book, 6-8 months after that.

+ Reply to Thread