+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Thanks lil_tink, I figured it out a few hours after I posted and read the few lines in the vault. What was that all about? Someone said that it may be her way of introducing the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, but who knows. I just want that book to come out now!

I know, I can't wait for the HBP! Some are speculating that it may be released for Christmas this year since JK has said her baby will not interfer, but as much as I wish that were true, I think it's a little early. Hopefully summer 2005!

As for the quote, JK mentioned a new character McClaggan (I think) who I think may be the new DADA professor and that might describe him. Who knows, it'll be interesting to finally read the book and know for sure who it's about!

Quote Originally Posted by LiliBear
    Okay, so i visited JK site this morning and the door is open! The only problem is when the door opens it is pitch black and I can't see anything. Is there something that I missed? Do I need to do something to get light to shine into the door?
    Door? What door? I'm confused...

Edit: Never mind, I got it.

Edit #2: Wait...I don't get the bit with the open door. How do you open the door anyway? (Not the one in the mirror)
    Last edited by haejin; 08-26-2004 at 09:08 PM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    haejin, she closed the door again. next time it opens it will be another clue or tidbit from the next harry potter book.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    haejin, she closed the door again. next time it opens it will be another clue or tidbit from the next harry potter book.
    Ah, I see. I'm an idiot.
    Gustav Holst was right!

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    no you're not! i did the same thing when she closed the door the first time. my husband came running into the room cause i was yelling at the computer to open the friggin' door!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    waiting for a release date is killing me. has anyone heard any rumors on a release date for HBP?
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Quote Originally Posted by greycoatonawitc
    waiting for a release date is killing me. has anyone heard any rumors on a release date for HBP?
    Sorry, I haven't heard, but the last one came out in June '03 so the next one probably won't be out 'til next summer. She's slooow, but they're good, so I guess I'll just have to be patient.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

Rowling: Another Potter character to die
    Author is mum on who it is

LONDON, England (AP) -- "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling said Friday that one of her characters will not survive the next book in her series about the young wizard.

Asked on her official Web site whether she planned to kill off any more characters, Rowling replied, "Yes, sorry." But she refused to identify that character.

The sixth book in the series, "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince," is due to be published next year.

Potter himself is safe, at least for now. Rowling has previously said her teenage hero will survive until the seventh and final book in the series, but has refused to say whether he will reach adulthood.

"You have to wait and see whether he survives to be a grown-up," Rowling said in August.

The 39-year-old author keeps the plots of her novels tightly under wraps, teasing fans with morsels of information.

Before the publication of her last installment, "Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix," she said a major character would die. Readers had to wait until the book appeared last year to discover the victim was Harry's mentor, Sirius Black.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Waargh. I hate character deaths.

We'll see. It's so going to be Lupin. Possibly Hagrid.

+ Reply to Thread