+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter "The Order of the Phoenix". (*spoilers*)

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    what kind of title is that??? man i wanted something more edgey
    that butterfly goes a little too fast. i wonder if we catch it there will be more goodys
    Yeah, the title doesn't seem very exciting, but nevertheless, I can't wait for the 6th book.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    what kind of title is that???
    My 14 year old daughter thought it sounded more like a title from the knock-off "Charlie Bone" series.

My daughter, 11 year old son, and I came up with a scenario to fit the title. I'll put it in spoiler mode.

Click to see Spoiler:
    In Book 5, when Hagrid visits the giants, he is told that his mother had died years ago. Perhaps those giants were lying and his mother is with another group of giants, and she is their queen. The group that Hagrid visited were mistreating his half-brother Grawp not just because he was scrawny, but because he was a hostage.

When Hagrid and Grawp finally break through the commucation barrier, Grawp tells Hagrid where their mother is, they go find her, and her group of giants is willing to help in the fight against Voldemort.

That makes Hagrid the Half-Blood Prince of the giants.

Pretty silly, I know.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fogey
    I am NOT a fan of the title. I'm so used to them being "HP and the something of something" (Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of Phoenix) And the title... I don't associate princes with Harry Potter. They dont go together! :phhht

JK Rowling also said that this book will probably be considerably shorter than the Order of Phoenix.

That said, I still can't WAIT until the book comes out. I'm just being picky.

ETA- I like your idea veejer

veejer, I like the story that you and your children came up with. You never know, it might be it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Whn I got this the first day it came out, I read it in litterly 2 days! I couldn't stop. It was the best Harry Potter book. It started off slow but really picked up. GOF is still my favourite book!

Oh and JK Rowling is having a baby, and although she said it wouldnt, it will probably move the realease date even further. I hope I won't have to wait like 2 years but it looks that way. She wont give out anymore spoilers for HP&HBP
    Last edited by baskiddball; 07-24-2004 at 05:39 PM.

the next book is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Veejer, that idea is so cute! Probably not too far from the truth eitehr...JUST KIDDING!
    I was in love with a difficult man.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

Rowling teases fans on Potter plot

EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) -- "Harry Potter" novelist J.K. Rowling has said her young hero will survive to the seventh book in her series about the young wizard, but refused to say whether he would reach adulthood.

Rowling on Sunday teased a group of fans with morsels of information as she gave a public reading of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" at the Edinburgh International Book Festival in the Scottish capital.

"He will survive to book seven, mainly because I don't want to be strangled by you lot, but I don't want to say whether he grows any older than that," Rowling told the youngsters.

She encouraged the fans to try to piece together future plots for themselves, and urged them to focus on why Harry's nemesis, the evil warlock Voldemort, had not been killed.

"There are two questions I don't think I've ever been asked and that I should have been asked, if you know what I mean," Rowling said.

She told the gathering they should be asking themselves "not 'why did Harry live' but 'why didn't Voldemort die?"'

The second question they should think about is: "Why didn't Dumbledore kill, or try to kill, Voldemort?" she added, referring to the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

More than 500 people had tickets to see the author read from the fifth book. She is still working on the sixth book, but has already revealed the title: "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince."

But she remained tightlipped about the title of her final book in the series.

"I'm not going to tell you, I'm sorry. The trouble I would be in if I did. My agent would have me hunted down and killed," she said.

Rowling further teased her fans over whether Harry's pals Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger would be boyfriend and girlfriend by the end of the series.

"I'm not going to say. I can't say. I think I've given quite a lot of clues by now on this subject," she said. "You are going to have to read between the lines on that one."
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Okay, so i visited JK site this morning and the door is open! The only problem is when the door opens it is pitch black and I can't see anything. Is there something that I missed? Do I need to do something to get light to shine into the door?

Quote Originally Posted by LiliBear
    Okay, so i visited JK site this morning and the door is open! The only problem is when the door opens it is pitch black and I can't see anything. Is there something that I missed? Do I need to do something to get light to shine into the door?
    LiliBear, just in case you haven't got it yet, there is a light switch you have to click in the darkness behind the door. The switch is level with the window sill almost halfway through the doorway. (Just keep clicking in the general area and you'll find it!)

+ Reply to Thread