+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

I don't want to read the Harry Potter series until she is DONE with them because knowing me I'd start devouring them and then not being able to know how it ends would kill me. I own the first four books but have yet to read them. I'm interested in this thread but would be curious about your book choice- so it depends on what you choose.

FORT Fogey
    I keep getting recommended Barbara Kingsolver books, so maybe something by her (that none of you have read)...?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I may be little late but I'm in.

I was going to do a book club but I didn't quite get to posting a thread. Anna did it for me.

Anyway, I dont mind any read.
    Last edited by unexplained; 06-09-2003 at 12:27 PM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by unexplained
    Anyway, I dont mind any read.
    ditto. Well other than Sci-Fi, Westerns, Romances, or Children's books. Other than that, I'm game!

me too Anna!

btw, I read "The Bean Trees" by Babara Kingsolver. Didn't care for it that much.
    Who shot who in the what now?

FORT Fogey
    I have really enjoyed the Potter series as well, she does a fantastic job of getting you to see what she is describing. It is also done well from the view point of the characters ages.

I liked recently the Lovely Bones it was really good.
    One that most people come away really liking is
    A prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving it has a sort of universal appeal.

FORT Fogey
    Okay, so how are we going to pick a book...? Because none of us are being very assertive...

LG.
    John's remember that we had a movie club that never got off the ground. But this might just work as we had much fewer members then, as it would only take 5 or 6 to get a decent conversation about the book going, and hell, it could resurrect the old movie club. I seem to recall everyone listing a suggestion, and then somebody setting up a poll with the top 4 or 5, with the poll winner being the first book.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by greenflute98
    me too Anna!

btw, I read "The Bean Trees" by Babara Kingsolver. Didn't care for it that much.
    Aww..I liked "The Bean Trees", but it took me a bit to get into...

Anna, since you have five million books, what do you recommend? (I have tons too, but mine are all over the map)
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

FORT Fogey
    I heard "Black and Blue" by Anna Quindlen is supposed to be really good (and it won a Pulitzer). It's near the top of my Summer reading list...

+ Reply to Thread