+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Originally posted by greenflute98
    I would really encourage those of you who would like to discuss it, maybe to do so in pms, since some members have not read it yet. Just a suggestion.
    I promise not to discuss the book in PMS. That would not be very nice.

Shayla!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    Okay, my book STILL hasn't come in the mail yet and I'm getting frustrated! I ordered a stack of books and every single one came EXCEPT this one! Argh!

It'll be okay. I haven't gone out to get it either. You and I will just have to read really really fast.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

Fade to black
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Okay, my book STILL hasn't come in the mail yet and I'm getting frustrated! I ordered a stack of books and every single one came EXCEPT this one! Argh!
    You can have mine, I don't particularly care for it.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    You can have mine, I don't particularly care for it.
    I would have never guessed...

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I was reading it and going "I hate all men."

I was too caught up in the plot. Oops.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Just a suggestion: for each club book selection, maybe you should set up a new thread that says "Book Club: 7/8, Lovely Bones by Sebold" and that is put up in advance with a short description that this is a book club discussion, etc. (or pointing to the thread that has the point of the thread and whatever rules).

This thread is really long and it took me some time to figure out what was going on here.

I read Lovely Bones awhile ago and will dig it up. I will try to jump in on 7/8 if that is okay.

FORT Fogey
    That sounds like a good idea - John just gave us a Books forum fifteen minutes ago, so now it will be really nice to organize a book club, plus a variety of threads to discuss different books. That's so wonderful!

Would you like me to change the title of this thread? If so, let me know what you'd like it changed to.

+ Reply to Thread