+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

FORT Fogey
    I added Snow and eldee to the list, to ensure they get reminded of the discussion the day before...

702loves205
    ajg113
    AnnaRHR
    Bliss
    Bumpkin
    eldee
    Feifer
    firegirl
    glennajo
    GrammarGoddess
    greenflute98
    hazyshadeof
    ixcrisxi
    Jewelsy
    KylieGrant
    LoveyLydz
    MollyRose
    oneTVslave
    raindance
    Shazzer
    skywisej
    SnowflakeGirl
    spegs
    thirtyone
    unexplained

Thank you. It feels so good to belong!

FORT Fogey

Book Selection

Thanks MollyRose and FG, but when I first read that it's narrated by a little murdered girl, I was just so turned off that it will be hard to overcome my feelings.

I will give it a try.

FORT Fogey
    Yea I was morbidly curious so that got me reading then it just rolled along and I had to read it.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Man... I just went to the library to check out Lovely Bones... but all of their copies were checked out. They didn't even have the audio version available! I think I'm gonna be lagging a little.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Originally posted by ixcrisxi
    Man... I just went to the library to check out Lovely Bones... but all of their copies were checked out.
    I don't know if all libraries operate the same, but ask about reserving the book. At my library they will hold the book for me and give me 3 days to pick it up. If it's something they don't carry, they will try to find a library that does. Give it a try!

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Thanks so much! I called to reserve it and they hooked me up! Although, There is a two-week wait to get one of the copies! Maybe I'll just go buy it. Probably much faster and easier that way. Huh?
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I added Snow and eldee to the list, to ensure they get reminded of the discussion the day before...
    Thanks for adding me, Anna. I look forward to discussing this with you all in July!

I just want to reassure those who might be hesitant to read The Lovely Bones that it is not as morbid as it sounds--it is, in fact, quite life-affirming despite its tragic circumstances.

Give it a try, because I know we'd all love to hear from you.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I just want to reassure those who might be hesitant to read The Lovely Bones that it is not as morbid as it sounds--it is, in fact, quite life-affirming despite its tragic circumstances.
    Yes, I agree. The Lovely Bones does end up being a "feel good" story, although there are some upsetting portions. Try to get past the MURDER aspect of it because I was glad I did.

Originally posted by Paulie
    Will I be old and gray when that happens? Older and grayer, I mean?
    Yes. That's very likely.

In related news, my ex read aloud to me last night from The Catcher in the Rye, which I've read at least four times (back when I used to read). Today I e-mailed him about borrowing the book.

So perhaps the 7-year reading hiatus is over. I'll keep you all posted and am open to inspirational suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread