+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll put that near the top of my list of books to someday read.

Let's do it the 8th, for Anna. *resets synchonized watch*
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Definitely original. It's almost impossible to even categorize the book. It's the book I enjoyed most out of all the books I read in the past year. I think I mentioned it multiple times in the "Recent favorite book" thread. I appreciate the support on my recommendation, oneTVslave.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    Actually, I'll be out of town from Thursday the 10th until the 22nd. Is there any way we could make it a few days earlier? We should probably set an official date and time...
    Earlier would be better than later, because I am going to be out of town the 18th throught the 26th myself. I vote for earlier!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Originally posted by Shayla
    Thanks for the recommendation! I'll put that near the top of my list of books to someday read.
    Will I be old and gray when that happens? Older and grayer, I mean?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Will I be old and gray when that happens? Older and grayer, I mean?
    I think your grandkids will be old and grey when that happens...

Okay, I'm sorry for being so anal, but should we pick a time to discuss on the 8th? Then we can send everyone a reminder e-mail or private message the day before (whoever remembers)...

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Anna -- do you know if this book is on tape (or CD) yet? Is it a newer book?

Let's just have an all day discussion--so those of us with jobs or small children or other responsibilities can just pop in and out as we can.

We'll start at exactly 6:37 a.m. Pacific time--JK
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

spegs!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Jewelsy,

I found that they have the Lovely Bones on cd and audiocassette at Amazon.com. You have to look under "Product Details" to find it. Hope that helps...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread