+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Club

FORT Fogey
    So, we're settled on the book, right?

Well, it looks like we have a long list of people interested. If you want to read and aren't on this list post something and say so and if you're on the list but decided you don't want to read, let us know. So, let's all go out and buy/borrow/get from library "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.

People reading with us:

702loves205
    ajg113
    AnnaRHR
    Bumpkin
    firegirl
    glennajo
    GrammarGoddess
    greenflute98
    hazyshadeof
    ixcrisxi
    KylieGrant
    LoveyLydz
    oneTVslave
    Paulie
    raindance
    Shazzer
    skywisej
    spegs
    unexplained

Thanks for organizing, Anna. I'm going on vacation this weekend and will get the book to take along with me. I think this will be a lot of fun because you guys here at the FORT always have witty, insightful things to say...

I've never been in a book club before; how does it work? Will we be discussing certain chapters at a time, or set a timeframe for everyone to read the complete book and then discuss?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by oneTVslave
    I've never been in a book club before; how does it work? Will we be discussing certain chapters at a time, or set a timeframe for everyone to read the complete book and then discuss?
    Since greenflute is the book club expert AND has read the book before, I think it should be her job to organize that...

Should we post as we think of things or arrange a time for us to all go online and discuss?

Take it away greenie!

Oops! I guess I wasn't clear. I won't be reading with the Club. I've kind of got my own reading schedule. I'm really interested in the whole idea, though, and I look forward to hearing what people have to say about these books. Sorry for the confusion.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Uh oh! Now I have responsibilities?! Yikes!

Well my book club usually gives a month for people to get the book and read it. Then we set up a time and someone poses some questions, but usually it runs it's own course. I'm more than willing to pose some questions once we all read it.

What does everyone think about a month? That's quite a long time on a message board. If you all think you can read it faster then let me know.
    Who shot who in the what now?

FORT Fogey
    How about we break it down and read a certain number of pages/chapters a week?

Readers:

702loves205
    ajg113
    AnnaRHR
    Bumpkin
    firegirl
    glennajo
    GrammarGoddess
    greenflute98
    hazyshadeof
    ixcrisxi
    KylieGrant
    LoveyLydz
    oneTVslave
    raindance
    Shazzer
    skywisej
    spegs
    thirtyone
    unexplained
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-10-2003 at 04:12 PM.

Hmmm that might just work, Anna.
    Who shot who in the what now?

The more I think about it, it may be best for everone to finish the book before discussing, just so that someone who has read ahead won't accidentally "spoil" what comes next. A month sounds like a good timeframe, in my opinion. Say, July 10th?

Of course, whatever you guys think is fine with me; I'm just along for the ride...

Originally posted by oneTVslave
    The more I think about it, it may be best for everone to finish the book before discussing, just so that someone who has read ahead won't accidentally "spoil" what comes next. A month sounds like a good timeframe, in my opinion. Say, July 10th?

Of course, whatever you guys think is fine with me; I'm just along for the ride...
    I agree. I'm reading a couple of other things right now, too, so if I have a month, I can fit it in. Or I can just push the other books aside and read this one.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'd like to be a "reader" also. My sister read Lovely Bones for her book club and it sounds interesting.

+ Reply to Thread