Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Miss Scarlet
  • 1 Post By Punkin
  • 1 Post By momrek06
  • 1 Post By Coco46

Thread: "Tippi" (Hedren)

"Tippi" (Hedren)

Tippi Hedren says Hitchcock sexually assaulted her

I had read about how AH treated Tippi .... but now Tippi actually talks about it in her book.

While AH may have been brilliant behind the camera .... he was as well so very ODD and CREEPY and esp to Tippi.

AND creepiest is I believe that his wife knew it all and did nothing about it.

She allowed all his horrid behavior and still stood by him. sick.
    KAREN

Re: "Tippi" (Hedren)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Tippi Hedren says Hitchcock sexually assaulted her

I had read about how AH treated Tippi .... but now Tippi actually talks about it in her book.

While AH may have been brilliant behind the camera .... he was as well so very ODD and CREEPY and esp to Tippi.

AND creepiest is I believe that his wife knew it all and did nothing about it.

She allowed all his horrid behavior and still stood by him. sick.
    I had heard about his behavior toward her before. I also wondered why she didn't leave her contract before she did.
    But those were different times. Men, especially powerful ones, weren't held accountable for their sometimes horrible or criminal treatment of women. In Tippi's case, he held her livelihood in his hands. He told her, her career was over if she didn't go along with his behavior, or at least tolerate it. He made that perfectly clear to her.
    It wasn't just Tippi who went through this in Hollywood, and not just Hitchcock who did this. Women were thought of as disposable and usable and replaceable. They had little to no power.
    If they spoke out about it, they were vilified & called liars, much like Bill Cosby is doing with the women he raped, and even moreso why these women didn't speak out earlier. They didn't want their careers or their lives to be ruined.
    Quite often they were made to believe this type of behavior was acceptable.

Unfortunately it wasn't just Hollywood. At the time many women in any profession were treated the same.
    For all the wage disparity & treatment women are fighting against now, it's nothing like it used to be, and this was all within most of our own lifetimes.
    Punkin, Gutmutter and momrek06 like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Tippi is Melanie Griffiths' mom.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Tippi is Melanie Griffiths' mom.
    Yup, and Tippi's name was "Melanie" in The Birds. Melanie G was about 5yo when Tippi filmed The Birds. Tippi was a single parent at the time.

Caring for Melanie was foremost on her mind HENCE Tippi dealing with all AH's crap. Because AH told her he would ruin her if she did not do as he said.

I think she only filmed a few movies more with him because he was just so horrid to be around.

Tippi was and still is a very beautiful woman!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

My brother was in Nicaragua back in the 70's and had a chance to meet Tippi Hedren. She was there on some animal rescue mission (a big animal rights supporter). He became her spokesperson at the request of the government as he is bilingual. He said she was the most gracious and nice person he had ever met and had some very interesting stories to tell.

I agree that because of the time era women did not speak up about sexual abuse.
    Punkin likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread