Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the violent / abusive guy on the show?

FORT Newbie

Who is the violent / abusive guy on the show?

I have only seen the previews of this show, but have been repeatedly shocked by the sub-human violence exhibited by one of the "men" on the show. Who is the guy? Why isn't he in prison? What is his criminal record and how did he qualify for this show with a criminal background?

Hey Tank! I haven't seen the previews for the show. I was wondering how you know the guy has a criminal record? I think they would let him on even with a record since this isn't a game show but a documentary on the behind the scenes of the surfing world.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Areyou assuming he has a record based on behavior shown in the clips?

I hadn't thought of it, but I've seen the clips too.

CantGetNuf... that is so funny... you are right, it is more of a documentary, but is being sold like a "reality" show. I guess they thought they would get more viewers! Good observation.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I haven't seen the clip but I'm guessing it's Sunny that you are referring to.

I don't need to guess. I'd put money on it.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by cali
    Areyou assuming he has a record based on behavior shown in the clips?

I hadn't thought of it, but I've seen the clips too.

CantGetNuf... that is so funny... you are right, it is more of a documentary, but is being sold like a "reality" show. I guess they thought they would get more viewers! Good observation.
    Well it is indeed Sunny. I saw the show last night.. and still feel the same. I was shocked that he had a gorgeous and calm wife. Sad thing is that I guess he has a child too. He can surf, but otherwise, he seems to be left behind in the evolutionary cycle. A guy that prone to violent attack, as seen in the advertisement clips and the first show, the guy either is all mouth, or the Hawaian Police force is pretty liberal regarding violent abusive people. If the guy doesn't have an arrest record, the way he has shown himself so far, I don't know what law enforcement is coming to.

I mean, all the other surfers seem pretty cool and normal. Out for fun and freedom and the sport. Sunny however is looking for his next fight with someone, anyone. He gave this whiney-ass story about "where I come from, you get your ass kicked for... ". Well hell Sunny, as we grow up and mature, we learn what is RIGHT and what is WRONG. You're not a punk-ass kid anymore.. grow up.. be a man. Men don't beat up on anyone, unless their in the boxing ring.

Why did the WB pick this guy for the show? Is it because the viewing public WANT to see an abusive and violent guy just out to kick someone's anyone's ass?

Honestly? Yeah that's probably exactly why they picked him. He's very controversial and the reality shows love that. You may hate him but your still on here talking about him. Shows don't care if it's bad publicity as long as they're getting publicity.

Sunny Garcia is one of the best surfers in the world. A living legend, so to speak. However, his macho bad ass attitude (unfortunately) is not uncommon in these parts. I would imagine, for the purposes of this show, his gentler side will be edited out.
    Ipse dixit.

FORT Fogey

Sunny Garcia is one badass mofo

I loved this show!

First of all, being a Californian, the surfing culture is part of us all here. The fact that there are 2 California Girls - SD and PV representin' is gnarly.

Out of the Hawaiians, Myles is the mellowest. I was sorry when he kept wiping out at Haleiwa (stayed there the summer of Hurricane Iniki -- that was not fun).

Sunny's wife could be Tina Fab's sister. Did anyone else think so?

It looks like Sunny is going to lose his temper one too many times in this series.

Re: Sunny Garcia is one badass mofo

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    I loved this show!

It looks like Sunny is going to lose his temper one too many times in this series.
    I couldnt agree more CG! I loved this show too! I am hooked...not just for the nice looking girls in bikini's that are always on the screen, but for the surfing too.

And Sunny! He may be violent, but I like him, and he makes the show interesting! Its true, he isnt an angel, but everyone is talking about him...not Damian, whose intro basically said he tries to be an angel!

Plus Sunny's great view on the tourists! I echo those sentiments all the time. I also dont like to go out all that much because there is almost always some chowder head who gets drunk and makes an ass outta himself. Plus I can understand the whole "hating tourists" thing. I live off of one of the main roads up to Rocky Mtn National Park, and am constantly frustrated by families and tourists from Kansas who drive 35 on a 60 MPH road and are swerving back and forth because the driver wants to look at the foothills!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast