+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About Boarding House: North Shore

About Boarding House: North Shore

From Boarding House Official Site

Welcome to the North Shore of Oahu, one of the most picturesque spots on the planet where the waves are big and the personalities on the professional surfing tour are even bigger. It's the home of the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing and now to The WB's new lifestyle/reality series Boarding House: North Shore, which will give viewers an intimate look at the largely unknown culture of surfing and the aggressive world of competition.

The cast for the series includes some of the top surfers in the world:

Sunny Garcia (Kauai, HI; Encinitas, CA): A former world champion and five-time Vans Triple Crown of Surfing champion.

Myles Padaca (Oahu, HI): The reigning Vans Triple Crown of Surfing champion.

Damien Hobgood (Satellite Beach, FL): The 14th-ranked male surfer in the world.

Danny Fuller (Kauai, HI): A rising star, who qualified for the semifinals of the Bonzai Pipeline Masters last year.

Veronica Kay (Encinitas, CA): The international face of Roxy surfwear.

Holly Beck (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA): The top female extreme athlete in the Teen Choice Awards and the founder of International Women's Surfing (the women's union).

Chelsea Georgeson (Avalon, Australia): The #5-ranked female surfer in the world.

In addition, many other top surfers such as Shane Dorian, Andy Irons, Mick Fanning and Jake Patterson will appear on the show.

The six one-hour episodes of the series will follow the seven world-class surfers, who are competing for the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing at Oahu's North Shore; home to the most famous waves in the world. The cast lives together in an opulent beach house, and the cameras follow them from the surf to the parties, as their days often begin in the wee hours of the morning and continue into the wee hours of the morning.

The drama and death-defying nature of the competition serves as a backdrop and an entrance to a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most interesting cultures in sports today.

Executive Producers: Lisa Hennessey, Bruce Toms and Lisa Berger, Mark Burnett Productions and Basic Elements.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Wow, I didn't know this was a Mark Burnett production. This actually has potential now.

Hmmm, I didn't either, interesting.

Not something I would generally watch though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmm I hadn't even heard about this. I probley won't watch it though... I'm not a surfer kind of person.

I have seen one commercial. Two surfers standing out looking at the ocean. We see them from behind and out of nowhere (well, seems that way in the ad) one of them punches the other in the jaw.

I couldn't believe it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Why do houses in Hawaii reality shows have to be so gaudily-decorated? I go to Hawaii a lot and most of the houses I visit do not look like that.

I don't know Christina. I got the impression whoever decorated was trying to get each persons personality into their room. When VK and Chelsea were looking at the pictures I heard one of them say Oh look all my heros are on the walls. Then they looked at that doll/woman picture. They panned up the picture at first I was like oh how cute then it showed the face and I was like oh freaky! I would hate to wake up with that face stareing at me.LOL
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Those are good points but I think they could feature those things without making the whole room look gaudy! No one I know has bali-style furniture or lauhala mats hanging on their walls or some of those other things which make the house look like it's TRYING to be Hawaiian instead of just being a house that happens to be in Hawaii.

+ Reply to Thread