+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veronica Kay

Veronica Kay

[IMG]images/img/Kay.jpg[/IMG]

From Boarding House Official Site

Veronica Kay was already sponsored by the popular clothing manufacturer Roxy when she stopped by their offices to pick up some free clothes. She saw a room off to the side where there was some commotion and found out that they were casting for Roxy's next photo shoot. At this point surfers were not often used as models for marketing purposes, but her rep told her she should give it a try.
    Today, Kay, who is 5'11" and looks like a cross between tennis great Anna Kournikova and actress Jennifer Aniston, is the international face of Roxy. In fact, other surfers often mistake her for Kournikova out in the water.
    For more information on Veronica click the link above
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    She has a very nice layout in the July issue of Stuff Magazine.

VK makes me laugh, not in the stupid way, but she's just funny. She always sounds like she's stoned, like when they were going in the car to the Hotel, she was like "Sunny's a champion." and she seriously sounded like she was drunk. I would have been surprised if she had fallen over. She's always extremely laid back, and I don't know how she does it. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing, for instance, she needs to know when to go to sleep if she's surfing the next day, maybe she learned her lesson. Hopefully, she won't party all night next time
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    From what i've seen, VK is not a good surfer. She wiped out on every single wave in her heat during the first round of the Triple Crown over at Ali'i Beach in Hale'iwa. She needs to cut back on partying a bit & focus more on her surfing because right now, the girl isn't cutting it.

Aloha, Manu
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

I wouldn't blame her that much Rippa. She said that she hadn't competed in a few years, so it's only logical that she wouldn't be at her best. But I do partly agree with you. I think that if she cuts down on the partying she'll do better
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Originally posted by Finchy Fire
    She said that she hadn't competed in a few years, so it's only logical that she wouldn't be at her best.
    If you're sponsored by the biggest name in women's surfing gear shouldn't you be the best? And stay committed to being the best? That's how it works in every other sport (think Michael Jordan and Nike). After seeing VK's performance I lost all respect for her as a surfer and Roxy as a company.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Everyone has their days, and her last heat wasn't one of them. When I told about her saying that she hadn't competed in a few years, I was being vague. It's not an exact quote, but she said something about ROXY not letting her compete for a few years, something like that. I respect her, she's making money. If you can't do better, don't complain.
    Jack Handey

JR.
    Speaking of VK, I don't care if she can surf or not
    Attached Images Attached Images

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Whoa!! Damn VK is a fine lookin' wahine.
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy Fire
    It's not an exact quote, but she said something about ROXY not letting her compete for a few years, something like that. I respect her, she's making money. If you can't do better, don't complain.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast