+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holly Beck

Holly Beck

[IMG]images/img/Beck.jpg[/IMG]

From Boarding House Official Site

If Holly Beck's mother had her way, surfing would have lost out on one of its most influential women. Beck's mother didn't think surfing was for women, but her daughter obviously disagreed. Beck is the #8-ranked woman in surfing, as well as the President of International Women's Surfing, the newly formed surfers' union. Beck helped found this organization, which, among other things, supports more regional amateur contests.
    "I wanted to start surfing earlier," says Beck, who is from Palos Verdes, CA, "but my mother didn't think it was appropriate for a girl. She was captain of the cheerleading squad, so to her roller-skating was OK, skateboarding was not; horseback riding was OK, soccer was not; dancing was OK, surfing was not."
    For more information on Holly click the link above
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Holly Beck is on the cover of this month's SG magazine:

http://sgmag.com/

Holly came across as nothing but a jealous bitch. If it wasn't criticizing Veronica she wouldn't have had anything to say the whole show.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Palos Verdes is kind of an upscale area so I wouldn't be surprised if Holly grew up with a princess mentality.

Oh i'm sure she did. She killed me when she was in the kitchen with Chelsea and was talking about VK. She said something like when she first started surfing VK was the only one with a sponser and everyone loved her then "I" got a sponser and VK "lost it". She's accuseing VK of being jelous when it's really her that has a problem. VK didn't have one thing to say about Holly the whole show. The preview for next week said Holly and VK go up against each other in the competition. I can't wait. Knowing Mark Burnetts editing style i'm sure he's setting Holly up. Showing her talk smack about VK and then next week VK probably stomps her ass in the waves. I'm crossing my fingers that's how it's going to be anyways.

FORT Newbie
    You guys are so evil. Holly Beck is a intelligent, talented and strong surfer. VK is about 2 years past her prime. She has gained about 20 lbs in that time. She's barely rated in the standings. Oh did I mention she's as dumb as a rock. Roxy girls are all looks (see MTV's Surfgirls). Holly spent about 1% of her time in the house giving a fart about VK and the rest of the time getting gnarly waves and hooking up with hot guys. But of course, Burnett won't show that cause he's a punk (see my reply in the Sunny Garcia thread).

I KNOW i'm evil. But does Holly realise she is? She may have spent only 1% of her time bashing VK but it made 50% of the first show.
    About Mark Burnett. I realise he only edited the show but to me any idiot can say let's put 7 surfers in a house and tape them constantly. It takes a talented editor to cut out the crap and come up with a great show. In surfer world Sunny Garcia may be a god but in my reality tv land Mark Burnett is a God.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Holly hasn't yet learned that talking trash about others to the camera makes you look bad. Let the camera reveal Veronica's failings. If they didn't show her trashing Veronica so much, I might like her.

FORT Newbie
    Holly is the coolest surfer girl I met during the shooting of Boarding House. (Yes, I worked on the show). VK is the stereotypical blonde beach babe with no future. Mark Burnett did exactly what the original producers had already planned. As a matter of fact, we took the extra step and had story editors on the set to streamline the post production process. In reality television production, if you don't have well planned source material, the best editing in the world is not going to make up for it. Sorry to burst your Burnett bubble, but he's no god.
    Last edited by TVslaveworker; 06-25-2003 at 06:31 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Holly seems pretty cool to me. She' just an intense competitior who seems very focused on what she wants. It seems like she expects the others to be as focused as she is & doesn't seem to resond well when she encounters this (A La VK)
    Time to find your place in the sun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast