+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holly Beck

ouchie >
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

poor holly
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Aah! Who saw the next time on Boarding House: North Shore thing?! DID YOU HEAR HOLLY SAY "I NEED SOME ASS!" I was like " WHAT IS SHE SMOKING?!?!"
    Jack Handey

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Finchy Fire
    Aah! Who saw the next time on Boarding House: North Shore thing?! DID YOU HEAR HOLLY SAY "I NEED SOME ASS!" I was like " WHAT IS SHE SMOKING?!?!"
    Well, the competition is over for her, so I guess she's gonna have some fun. or maybe she's been hanging out with VK too long
    Time to find your place in the sun!

Maybe...do you think Holly's a smoker. Her teeth are flat and looke like smoker's teeth. Anyone know for sure?
    Jack Handey

FORT Newbie
    As a surfer I can understand Holly's point of view on things. I wouldn't sign with Roxy if they asked me. They stand for the wrong thing these days. Sure, I'm for the girl power movement, but Roxy is way too public, and way too easy to get signed by. Holly's got a good list of sponsors. Rusty, Reef, Op... I can't remember the others though.

Holly Beck is an excellent surfer, and she's got a plan. VK has always been living the party lifestyle. At 15 she was living the party lifestyle. And don't give me that, "she started working at 15 to help her family." Becoming a model/pro surfer is not helping your family at 15. It's your money, and it's locked away in a trust fund. Same thing happens to actors. If you wanted to help your family, you would go out and get a real job. Not to say pro surfing isn't a real job, but it's not mowing lawns or being a cashier at the local mini-mart. Even with sponsors you don't get money. You get free clothes. Holly is definitely my role model, after a year or so of searching for someone to look up to. She takes education very seriously, unlike VK who is dumber than a light bulb. VK's switch is off. She's past her prime and modeling is about all she has at the moment.

As for Holly being a smoker, why would you even ask that? One, she's a surfer and having full capacity of your lungs is very important if you pearl and get sucked under. Two, she does yoga and stuff. Very healthy. Yeah, so anyway that's my two cents.

Aloha nui loa - Rachel

That's nice to know, I was hoping she wasn't. Her teeth just looked kinda flat on TV. Thanks for clearing it up. I dont know that much about surfing.

...Don't you think you were a bit harsh with VK? I can't say that you were totally wrong, but I'm sure she has her unknown reasons. I find her funny, like comic relief.
    Last edited by Finchy Fire; 07-21-2003 at 05:47 PM.
    Jack Handey

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Finchy Fire
    That's nice to know, I was hoping she wasn't. Her teeth just looked kinda flat on TV. Thanks for clearing it up. I dont know that much about surfing.

...Don't you think you were a bit harsh with VK? I can't say that you were totally wrong, but I'm sure she has her unknown reasons. I find her funny, like comic relief.
    I find her funny too, but I'm not laughing with her I'm laughing at her. Her ability to say some things with a straight face is astonishing. I still love the "I can't believe I forgot shoes," quote, and I think it completely represents her. She can probably just walk down to the Roxy offices and pick up a fair of shoes if she needs them. And I'm sure it happens all the time. What I loved most was when Holly was picking out a board for the contest and VK came down and asked her if she had the bathing suit that was in the shower and Holly looked at her and said, "Yeah, I wanted to be a Roxy girl so much I just stole it." It's like she really doesn't understand people. Sure, she can get by when people like her, but not everyone does, and I think she's slowly coming around to that.

Last episode was good. I was hoping Holly would at least get with a guy. Justin doesn't count. They didn't REALLY kiss or whatever. He was kind of dumb. I thought VK's imitation was hilarious, "Yeah, I know you, cool." And the guy was talking about Star Trek? Huh? Holly was kinda just tuning him out and going, "Uh huh...yeah...cool." I thought it was interesting. By far the best episode yet.
    Jack Handey

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, too bad it's over though. I'd love for them to do it again this year too. Maybe not with the same surfers but the same general idea. I wonder though, it's called Boarding House: North Shore. Does that mean they're going to set it somewhere else? Take the show to Austrailia or more of the South Pacific? I think this kind of reality tv has potential and it's much better than Survivor or the Bachelor.

I would have liked for Holly do have gotten with someone or at leat find someone who wasn't dull. I mean, Star Trek? Come on! Why she even remained standing there is beyond me. I would have walked away as soon as he said "Star Trek."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast