+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holly Beck

Finchy, I am on-line quite a bit. I work from home, on the computer, and my schedule is pretty well open. And this site takes many hours each day to maintain.

Walking Contradiction PhilosophyPhile's Avatar
    Holly Beck is undoubtedly my favorite character on Boarding House. She's a great surfer (as far as my non-surfing opinion goes), committed and educated.

Yet, she also has all these human vulnerabilities. Like last night when she agreed to rent the hotel room and get everyone to Waikiki for a...wait for it...Roxy Party?

I just didn't get that. She talks about how stupid Roxy is and how much she didn't enjoy the North Shore Roxy Party and then she agrees to haul everyone to another one? I think in Holly is a little insecure and I get the feeling she would be a Roxy girl if they asked her...but they haven't...so she takes the "I'm all better than than that attitude".

So, I guess I like her because she actually seems complex and interesting unlike VK's puppy dog Chelsea and easy to label VK...gawd, that's another thread...
    "Only one man understands me, and even he does not". - G.W.F. Hegel

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Holly is my fave wahine in the house. VK isn't serious about her surfing & the show & Chelsea is MIA alot of the time. She does seem to be the odd one out amongst the girls but as long as she continues to do well in the water then everything else will eventually fall into place.

Aloha, Manu
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

Originally posted by PhilosophyPhile
    She talks about how stupid Roxy is and how much she didn't enjoy the North Shore Roxy Party and then she agrees to haul everyone to another one? I think in Holly is a little insecure and I get the feeling she would be a Roxy girl if they asked her...but they haven't...so she takes the "I'm all better than than that attitude".
    Let's set this straight. Holly is not always talking about how stupid the Roxy girls are. Maybe she said that they're different or wild, but definitely not stupid, it only seems like she is because Mark Burnett editted it to get ratings. I know how you got that "I'm all better than that" thing, Mark Burnett. She probably wasted a minute or two of her time talking about VK and the Roxy Girls and it was extended into the whole two first shows.

So, when she paid for the hotel room, it was probably because they were friends, she said it herself in the last episode. It is everything but a flaw and she is definitely not insecure
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Walking Contradiction PhilosophyPhile's Avatar
    Yeah Finchy, I too read the above posts about Mark Burnett's "evil" editing.

But let's look at the facts: three episodes, two Roxy parties, both of which Holly left early from because she wasn't into what they were doing. Three episodes filled with less than complimentary comments about the Roxy girls and their wearing big hats and bikinis while surfing ways. I dunno, looks like she doesn't really like them to me!
    "Only one man understands me, and even he does not". - G.W.F. Hegel

Originally posted by Hawaiian_Rippa
    Holly is my fave wahine in the house.
    Whatsa wahine?
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Originally posted by Finchy Fire
    Whatsa wahine?
    wahine=female

Aloha, Manu
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

7/9s episode wasn't that good. The only good part was when Holly got in a fight. I'm sure Holly coulda bashed her head in if she wanted to. Because she's awesome
    Jack Handey

I also noticed that Holly's knee was bleeding after her heat. WHAT HAPPENED?!
    Jack Handey

She whacked it on the reef.

Aloha, Manu
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast