+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myles Padaca

Manu has arrived Hawaiian_Rippa's Avatar
    Myles is a cool cat. I've met him before & he's a very humble guy. He doesn't brag or show off, he just goes & does his thing in the water & when he's done, all of his attention is focused on his wahine & their baby. Great guy all around.

Aloha, Manu
    Pi'i Mai Te Naru

Myles is humble, I can agree. But I think he goes overboard. On the last episode [3] he was talking about being one with the ocean? I said his before, but he IS always talking about surfing as a spiritual thing. As far as I see, he takes it too seriously. It's just water, waves and a board...also you get money
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Originally posted by Finchy Fire
    Myles is humble, I can agree. But I think he goes overboard. On the last episode [3] he was talking about being one with the ocean? I said his before, but he IS always talking about surfing as a spiritual thing. As far as I see, he takes it too seriously. It's just water, waves and a board...also you get money
    I would have to disagree with you, Finchy. I dont surf at all, but I would imagine it is much more than just water, waves, and a board. Myles' "spirutality" of the waves seems pretty warranted to me. I mean, when you think about how the tides are controlled by the moon, and the rotation of the earth, and the weather, etc, I can see where being "one with nature" or "spiritually connected" is important. Of course, it is just my opinion....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Just water? That was some pretty big water last night! I would be buddha loving, cross-wearing, 5-times-a-day praying, spiritual guru if I had to surf that!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Big water, little water, still water. I can agree, I was wrong about the "just water" statement. But he's ALWAYS talking about being one with the ocean, I just think he overdoes it.
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12