+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

Sunny Garcia

[IMG]images/img/garcia.jpg[/IMG]

From Boarding House Official Site

Surfing legend Sunny Garcia brings five Triple Crowns, a world championship and a volatile temper to Boarding House: North Shore. It's hard to believe that with a professional surfing resume to rival anyone's that Garcia was once scared of the crashing surf.
    Garcia was afraid of the ocean as a child in Waianae on the West Side of Oahu. At age 7, his friends talked him into trying to surf. "I couldn't swim. I was crying for my mom," Garcia recalls. Then he caught a wave, rode it and paddled right back out for another one.

Now the outspoken Garcia fears no wave and no competition as he takes his reckless will to win into sports such as snowboarding and dirt bike racing, which caused his latest injury. However his bravado sometimes causes him to "forget" to wear his knee brace out in the water. Garcia is a serious athlete, who spends a lot of time in the weight room and has a real sense of what he believes to be right and wrong.
    Click link above for more information on Sunny
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    This sunny garcia needs a jail cell rather than an open beach and to be allowed to mix with free humans. Sure he surfs and has won a few awards.. but the few seconds he is shown on the commercial for this show, shows that he is a violent abusive sub-human. He makes one wonder if Darwin wasn't indeed correct about evolution. Sunny hasn't yet evolved yet into a human.

...and yet, he's a god here. Maybe not like Duke Kahanamoku, who has a statue erected in his honor in Waikiki, but he's up there.
    Ipse dixit.

He was refered to as "a legend" more than once. Everyone seems to respect and fear him. Did you notice everyone would shake his hand and then take a step back.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Newbie
    I agree with Tanks. They have to aim the camera from the torso up so you can't see his knuckles dragging on the ground. "ME NO LIKE BEING BAD MAN BUT ME CAN'T HELP IT". What's even sadder is there are misguided people out there that idolize this runaway from the zoo.

But did you notice the concern in his eyes when that girl got hurt and had to be taken in an ambulance. I'm not condoning the violence but I don't think that's all there is to the guy.

FORT Newbie
    He may have an ounce of compassion, but he's a little too stuck on himself too. I mean, his first reaction would have been to kick someone's a_ _ for dropping in on "his" wave? I suppose King Sunny's never done that before. I did my fair share of surfing when I lived in CA and I can tell you it's not all that hard to drop down in front of somebody and not realise they are there. He was all too eager to scrap with that drunk guy too. I guess he can get away with that kind of arrogance since he's a big fish in a little pond, but you walk around with a chip on your shoulder like that in a lot of places and it will earn you a trip to the hospital......or morgue. Let's hope he never leaves the safety of his little pond.

FORT Newbie
    Whats funny is Sunny Garcia is viewed as some big strong dude, that demands respect. When the dude dropped in on him, Sunny sent him back to the beach. My question is, does Sunny go back to the beach when he drops in on someone? I spit in Sunny Garcia's face. He is not very strong, he is not someone who deserves respect. A real man fights with his mind, not his fists. Everyone makes mistakes, Sunny Garcia thinks that he is perfect. He calls everyone who comes to the North Shore an idiot. Yet, he is the idiot. He needs to stop judging others and trying to correct them. Instead, he needs to look at himself, because there is plenty he could work on. I have no respect for Sunny Garcia. Who does? He's a simple minded prick. What more do I have to say.

well, I may have to watch this show!

I tried last night, but wound up with the 11pm showing and couldn't keep my eyes open
    What a lame-O I am.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Yes Cali you should watch it. It started an hour earlier than I thought it would here. Glad I didn't miss it. From the previews it's going to get even better next week. Last night we met everyone and got a really great idea of what Sunny is all about. Himself.

Wraith. About Sunny wanting to fight the drunk guy. I can't really blame him for that. They guy was flirting with his wife so Sunny went to "talk" to him about it. Then the guy apologizes by saying something like i'm sorry about the misunderstanding but don't ever get in my face again or i'll kick your ass. Sunny takes a step back and says real calm "Stand up." I was actually rooting Sunny on at that point. What I really found funny/interesting is water is what calms Sunny down. When they got home and he was still "flustered" his wife says "Your flustered? You need some water?" He says yes I need water. I thought he meant he had to go surf. Instead his wife gets him a glass of water. He said his wife has tried to "calm the beast" and he's a lot more mellow than he used to be. I found that hard to believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast