+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Da Hui? A lot of hooey...

;-)

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by dobolina
    I dont know...why dont you tell us--seeing how you are the only one to have quoted that.

Most of those lines/quotes/whatever are our "auto signatures". If you guys dont like them, you can turn them off in your user cp. And then you dont have to see them.

Dobolina,

It really had nothing at all do with Sunny Garcia. Someone was asking earlier about all the "wanna be Hollywood sayings", then there was some discussion about that. So my point is we were losing track of the conversations main topic.

As I just did right now

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Abelard
    Da Hui? A lot of hooey...

;-)
    Are you actually basing that on anything?

Or are you just trying to sound creative?

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Just rhyming, dude.

OK, I will have to apologize for ever saying Sunny seemed like a cool guy. I guess I hadn't seen an entire episode before. Always caugfht the actual surfing, and He's a hell of a surfer.

He is also, in my opinion, a Jackass.

Why doesn't anyone hit him back? Kiss my @$$. He may be a legend in the surfing world, and maybe he just never ventures out into the real world, but one day he's gonna hit the wrong person. I hope the camera is around to catch the look on his face when he gets hit back.

Yes, I realize that by hoping he gets hit back it sounds as though I'm advocating violence, but rest assured I'm not. I just think the bully needs one good smack down.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie

Sunny..

I know alot of you dont agree with Sunny's aggro personality..but after watching him in that meeting, I think he should get even more respect....his point is the hawaiians shouldnt get auto entries, but should have to surf through the trials, like he did...I respect that....

Liam got punked, but what are you going to do....

I'm sure if Titus started talking shit to you and you'd sit there as well....I could go on too, how about Perry Dane....I know I'd just sit there with my mouth shut....

Dont mess wit Da Hui....

When in Rome...

that's what I mean about him staying in and only "punking" people within the surfing community. Yes, I realize that the whole show is about the surfing community which is why we are seeing that.

Did that make any sense?

Still think he's a tad punkish
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Abelard
    Just rhyming, dude.
    oh ok...have a nice day

Nice rhyme reply, Islandboy!!

So I am not going to comment on any of the Sunny controversy(s), I am just going to say WOWSER!! Can those guys surf or what! I really enjoyed Myles' rides...he covered up like 3 times!! It was quite a spectacle!! But then Sunny came out, and did exactly what he said...he took out his frustrations on the other guys in his heat, and surfed some massive, huge waves. That has to be quite a feeling to be able to ride something as powerful as those waves looked....and to ride them with pure skill and power. I think it was Sunny's last ride(at least the last one they showed) where the camera couldnt even find him in between the swells, and suddenly there he is and the wave forms up as it comes in and he is just harnessing the power of the wave....Wow!!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Newbie
    The irony of this whole thing is, all this negativity towards Sunny Garcia is going to do 2 things for him. Set his career off and give him 4 times the amount of recognition. By human nature we "love to hate" and the media thrives on this.
    It worked for Howard Stern, about half a dozen Hardcore Rap Groups, and even in "Reality TV". Chris Nowinski who competed in the first "WWE tough enough" competition lost in the end. However he still picked up a WWE contract. Threw out the season he was percieved as "the bad guy", - a star is born.

So on behalf of Sunny Garcia, I thank you for all the negativity.
    Enjoy the show.

+ Reply to Thread