+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Originally posted by breathless4975
    I think Sunny's wife enjoys being the center of attention. She could put a stop to a lot things but it seems that she wants to make him upset.
    I don't know. I think it isn't up to her to "put a stop to" his behavior. He is responsible for his behavior. She didn't really seem like someone who sought to be the center of attention. In fact, I thought she was trying to get him to mellow out about it.

Is anyone else suprised that this guy has hit 3 people on camera and yet isn't in jail?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Newbie
    What many people have to understand is The North Shore Swell only lasts for 3 maybe 4 months a year. During which time surfers from all over the world come to test themselves at Pipe, Waimea, Sunset etc... But because of this, the surf line up ends up being a huge parking lot where everyone and everybody is competing for waves. Pipeline is only about 4-5 feet deep with razor sharp coral underneath. So when someone drops in on you, it's not just a territorial issue, but it's also a huge safety issue. So when you have 2-3 people on one wave, it can become extremely dangerous. Surfing out there is a lot like driving in Heavy traffic...everyone is competing for the fastest lane...and there always idiots out there cutting each other off...i've seen on the mainland where people shoot each other for that....we just kick you back to the beach and punch you in the face a couple of times. Now you tell me whos violent and who belongs behind bars

Rondog...i see you point...but who says "KOOK" and "Barney" anymore?

FORT Newbie
    The problem is you only see very little of Sunnys day to day life.He's not fighting every minute of the day and if you've ever surfed the northshore you'd know there is a pecking order in the lineup.Every wave has a sweet spot for taking off and if you're a little deeper than sunny but hes in the sweet spot you'd better be one of the boys or hes dropping in on you.Thats life here,you deal with it or you sit on the shoulder and wait for one nobody wants.Surfing has blown up in the last 20 years and the waters crowded.Some have been surfing the same waves in their backyard with nobody out and now look,on a good day at pipe you can have near 100 people trying to surf,so tell me who should have priority?As for not seeing the person you're dropping in on,give me a break!The only way to do that is to not look.Alot of people come here from the mainland and dont have any common courtesy or knowledge of the place their paddling out at,let alone surfing itself.Those are the people who make surfing dangerous and they are the ones who get slapped and have their skegs ripped off before being sent in to go home.If you have a problem then stay where you're from and dont come here on a surf vacation.
    "success can test ones mettle as surely as the strongest adversary"

See, and I disagree. Just because you live nearer to that particular piece of ocean doesn't give you more of a right to be there. And just because someone has been doing it longer doesn't give them more of a right to do whatever they want to do, and slap around whoever they want to slap around. It's thuggish behavior, plain and simple. And if I happened to go out there for a surf vacation, and Sunny tried that crap with me, he'd have a few more places to wear braces on his body.

If you're on public land (or a public ocean), you have no more right to anything than the next guy, regardless of where you're from.

FORT Newbie
    If he has such reverence for Hawaiian culture and sticking it to the white man, why is his wife white? Just wondering.
    Sunnys wife is the daughter of world famous surfer Joey Cabell.So she's white,big deal.She also has ties to one of the best surfers ever.Just so you know.

Would it be okay if I came and just hung out on the beach though? Or will I get slapped because my eyes happen to catch a glimpse of a beautiful girl??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Newbie
    Its impossible to explain surfing to a non-surfer.You cant explain the feelings of highs and lows to someone whos never experienced it.And yes I do have more of a right to surf that particular peice of beach than you do,becaus Im there year round cleaning up beer cans and garbage that visitors leave because they dont live there.The beaches in hawaii are our home away from homes and if you bring a disrespectful attitude into our homes be prepared to face the consequences.And if you did surf the north shore Sunny would be the least of your problems because there are way more dangerous people there than you could imagine and they all have the same attitude,respect me first,than I'll respect you.Sunny never hit anyone that didnt have it coming to them.

Sunny never hit anyone that didnt have it coming to them.
    Yes, that was clear when he slapped the guy who glanced at his wife, and didn't say anything at all. Mmm-kay.

But, not worth arguing about, I guess. Since I'll never be on a surf vacation on the North Shore, and Sunny and I will, by the grace of the Big Kahuna, never meet.

FORT Newbie
    Why'd the guy apologize if he didnt think he did anything wrong.He probably saw reyna,made some wise ass remark to the guy next to him wich happened to be her husband.Big mistake.

+ Reply to Thread