+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

I missed the first 20 minutes... was that when the slap/punch happened? I had seen it in the commercials, but not on the show.

Looks like he hits someone again next week... sunny, man...

He definitely kicked butt surfing! I can't imagine even trying that sport I am always afraid they will get hit by their boards when a wave taked them down.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Being a good surfer is one thing but being so hot-headed is another. I'm sure hes a nice guy in many ways but I think he might need some anger management classes.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    I missed the first 5 min (driving home from Gym), but the slap was prob in the 10-15 min mark. The camera showed Sunny talking with the surfer dude & Sunny just bitch slapped him. Kinda funny, actually! LOL! They interviewed the dude & he was very apologizing (of course. Esp when he realized it was Sunny). Apparently he was a Sunny fan, as well. Check out the replay Sun nite.
    Time to find your place in the sun!

"Wow, I just got slapped by THE Sunny Garcia? I'm never washing this cheek!"

"Oh, you mean hundreds of thousands of people have been slapped by him? Oh, then it's not that special..."

yeah, sunny never learned to keep his hands to himself. i don't respect people that solve their issues by hitting. plus, his issues are ridiculous. you have a great looking wife walking around in string bikinis. people are going to look. the guy didn't say anything to his wife or lay a hand on her. hitting him was uncool.

I think Sunny's wife enjoys being the center of attention. She could put a stop to a lot things but it seems that she wants to make him upset.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    yeah--i think she digs the attention.
    Time to find your place in the sun!

TVslaveworker and other Sunny defenders:
    Are you all insane?
    He slapped someone upside the head, challenged a guy in a bar to a fight, ordered some hapless surfer off "his" beach and he's "speaking for the Hawaiian people"?!
    To repeat a worn Sunny phrase, where I come from people don't act like that.
    The deference that surfers show to this abusive, unhinged caveman is laughable.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Not sure if its deference or fear. They all seem to be afraid of him. He does have a strange look about him sometimes so maybe they're worried that he'll really lose control (not that he has shown much).

FORT Newbie
    Sunny is an embarassment to local surfers. He should be taken off the show because he is only hurting the show. I watched the first episode and was turned off by his actions immediately. As for his wife, I don't know how she can be happy with someone like that. And if I am not mistaken, this is not his first wife. Also, why is she on the show so much anyway? Does she surf? I think having her there is just a distraction. You would think that Sunny would be more secure with himself than what he is portraying on TV. I think if he doesn't change his attitutude the show will flop thanks to him!!

*edited so the post would not be in all caps
    Last edited by sher; 06-26-2003 at 04:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread