+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, I gotta agree with rondog and haole1 in hawaii you gotta show respect in anything you do. So you barneys who don't know what you talking about no talk. You no understand hawaii das y!!!!

There's a difference between being shown respect, and taking offense at things that don't concern you.

Sunny seems to be the second kind of guy.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I'm sure there's more to Sunny than we were shown on tv but to me he came across as an arrogant bully! We'll just have to wait and see if he continues to be one.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie

Don't thank Mark Burnett

As an someone who works in the reality tv industry and enjoys sites like this, I have to break the news to you that Mark Burnett did not really produce this show. It was produced by a company called Basic Elements, a division of mega-TV production company Carsey-Werner (Cosby Show). It was given to Burnett by the WB after the show was shot because they liked Burnetts Co.'s editing. Don't thank Burnett, he's a tool. He stole the idea for Survivor from a European show and now he's stealing credit for this show.

Sunny Garcia is both a legend and a thug. He has a heart of gold for his children, wife and Hawaiian hertiage. He walks down the street and Hawaiian children, old ladies and grandfathers wave to him like a living god. He's ex-Mayor Giulliani walking in Manhattan. He's Micheal Jordan. He's flawed, but everyone is flawed. Like most Hawaiian's and American Indians, he feels robbed by the white man. He's not doing this show because he is selling out, but because he speaks for the Hawaiian people. The idiot surfer invasion already has happened. There is no more room on the Northshore. Turtle Bay is booked. He knows he can't stop the flood, but he HAS to say something. The most beautiful piece of shoreline on Oahu is getting trashed. Waikiki is a disgrace. The police don't patrol the Northshore, Da Hui does. The police are corrupt on Oahu. Crystal Meth and theft are at an all time high. Sunny's from the ghetto. Like most Hawaiian kids, he grow up poor. All they had was surfing. He got out by surfing. The Triple Crown is not just some reward. It's the Superbowl in Hawaii. He's Air Jordan to the kids there. He's Magic Johnson. He's full of pride, which is more than I can say about most mainlanders.

TVslaveworker, I want to welcome you

Great first post about Sunny. Most of the time he does seem like a great guy.

I can't imagine how he feels about his beaches. I get mad when it's tourist season here, and really at the hieght of the season, there still aren't a lot of people

I hope he doesn't come off too bad when all this is over, and that they will edit him in a good light too. By the looks of next weeks preview, it seems we get to see his angry side again
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Sunny is a thug. His comment that there are so many idiots out there that he could barely stand it was laughable! He is an idiot. If the only way you can get respect is from beating up people, then you are not getting any respect from me. I understand he had a rough upbringing, but get some enlightment, Sunny. People respect your surfing, stick with that.

If he has such reverence for Hawaiian culture and sticking it to the white man, why is his wife white? Just wondering.

I don't know, but to me he can still have respect for his culture but marry outside of it

Although I agree that he seems to be a hot head, and fighting isn't the answer to one's problems, I am still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea why.....I'm not usually that nice
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    I never said he hated white people. And lets face it, his wife is hot. He's got anger control issues. Sammy Sosa put cork in his bat. Jordan had a serious gambling problem. Magic Johnson slept around and got AIDS. Thomas Jefferson slept with his slaves. Are we gonna harp on our heros accomplishments or their downfalls?

JR.
    Downfalls are much more fun to talk about.

FORT Newbie
    he might have a short fuse (re; his wife), but man--what a friggin surfer. He kicked ass on alst night's show. I almost had the wife interested--she lost interest when Sunny backhanded the surfer guy for "watching his wife's ass"LOL
    Time to find your place in the sun!

+ Reply to Thread