+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sunny Garcia

FORT Newbie
    "I want to see someone kicking his dumb ass, preferably killing him" - nohoartist

"just as long as you don't drop in on me, I would hate to accidentally put my board up yours where the Sunny don't shine"

Question : how is this any different than what Sunny is doing?

I guess 2 wrongs do make a right.

FORT Newbie

Sunny Garcia Is racist

besides being violent and ignorant.

When he talks about "white people" coming to the islands telling people what to do ABC is giving a real bad example of who might be considered a hero.

Very sad senario...

FORT Newbie
    sunny has a really bad temper and if ppl dont like practically worship him then he'll beat them up. lol.

long distance kamaaina
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHoArtist
    sunny is just a scumbag. I don't care whatsoever about his stupid surfing. It means nothing to me. I want to see someone kick his dumb ass, preferably killing him. And his wife has a horse face. At least the Endless Summer movies weren't spoiled by the inclusion of any low lifes like sunny.

To all of you guys whos hate or can't stand Sunny - Don't watch. If you don't like the way he acts, go down there and say something about it. If not, quit your crying. As far as the mentality of owning breaks or beaches, it is just tribal/territorial behavior.. it happens everywhere, basketball courts, coffee shops, lunch rooms, and the list goes on. Its nothing new, it's just on camera at the beach.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Livo
    To all of you guys whos hate or can't stand Sunny - Don't watch. If you don't like the way he acts, go down there and say something about it. If not, quit your crying. As far as the mentality of owning breaks or beaches, it is just tribal/territorial behavior.. it happens everywhere, basketball courts, coffee shops, lunch rooms, and the list goes on. Its nothing new, it's just on camera at the beach.

I'm glad to see someone gets it

Quote Originally Posted by Livo
    First of all to the FORT, livo.

While I agree with you that the tribal/territorial posturing is nothing new, that doesnt mean that everyone should accept it and like it. I hate it when I go skiing and a supposedly "bad ass local" snowboarder cuts me off or runs into me and then gets all big and yells that its his mountain "Im a native Coloradoan...get outta my territory". The fact is, these actions are usually perpetrated by mean and nasty people, plain and simple. Guess what...its not your basketball court....unless it is on your property that you purchased. Its not your mountain...I paid the same price as you for my season pass. I probably have more days up there than you. But I respect other peoples space and right to be there. I would imagine there is quite a bit of public money that goes into those beaches...whether it be for trash pick up(which, shouldnt even be an issue...how hard is it to put your trash in a trash can--whole other issue ), lifeguards/beach patrol, etc etc.

Someone else brought up the fact that, on the mainlaind, people shoot other people in traffic. They were saying "well, Sunny's behavior is nothing compared to you mainlanders". Well, guess what? I dont approve of BS traffic posturing either. And if you are going to shoot someone, well, to me thats just wrong. Dont expect my approval for bad behavior. Its uncalled for in ANY circumstance.

BTW, I dont hate Sunny. I think he is a great surfer, and he definetly makes the show interesting.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

x5d
    FORT Newbie
    sunny's typical...people have something in their arms, their backs are turned, they are sitting in cars and no one is expecting a psycho to act out. I dealt with his type on a daily basis in Hawaii.

FORT Newbie
    Sunny is just territorial. If someone dropped in on me I'd hit them. It risks lives. Every beach has local surfers, and every beach has the locals only policy. Sure, it might not be as bad as the North Shore, but it's still there. Sunny's just making sure that people stick to the locals only policy.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingzone
    Sunny is just territorial. If someone dropped in on me I'd hit them. It risks lives. Every beach has local surfers, and every beach has the locals only policy. Sure, it might not be as bad as the North Shore, but it's still there. Sunny's just making sure that people stick to the locals only policy.

"It risks lives" ....Very true, for both the wave rider and the one dropping in. Like I said before, I would much rather be hit in the head by a human fist...than be hit in the head by the reef.

"Sacrifice for the greater good"

9 times out of 10, someone getting there ass kicked in the water or being told to head back to the beach isn't there from "out of town". Mainly it's because they shouldn't have been out there in the first place.

The saying in Hawaii is "If in doubt, don't go out" Unfortunately too many idiots who are trying to be heros to there girlfriends think that doesn't apply to them. Luckily for them we have highly trained lifeguards.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    The problem with Sunny is that his fights don't always happen because of the surf. How about picking fights because someone looks at his wife in what he perceives to be a wrong way? He is constantly looking for trouble.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread