+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/3 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    My random thoughts:

1. Jonathon LOVES himself!!

2. Rule number one in the 'Jonathon school of hairstyling' must be to kiss the customer's behind. After they do a woman's hair they really seem to spend at LOT of time fluffing it up and talking about how great it is. It comes off sounding less like "You are so beautiful" and more like "Look what a great job I did".

3. If haircuts by Jonathon are $500-700 are customers expected to tip ON TOP of that amount?!?!

4. I am starting to feel really bad for Ash and Sescie. He goes on endlessly about how they are the most important thing to him, yet in the show he spends more time with his therapist than his family! I really hope it is just an editing issue.

5. I think Jonathon's therapist must be a failed actor. He always has that "smell the fart" look on his face, but never really looks interested in what Jonathon is saying.

6. If I were a therapist I would have a really hard time listening to a wealthy person with a healthy family and a thriving business talk to me about how hard his life is. Take a look around you Jonathon, there really are people out there that have it harder than you!

7. What ws up with the missing hairspray at Fashion Week? Are we supposed to think that Jonathon product is in such high demand that there was none available for them to take to Fashion Week and they had to cook up a special batch for the occasion?

8. Jonathon is a total prima donna.

9. Why am I still watching this show??

because it's theraputic, in a way. You pretty much nailed it on point number 6. The man is the eptimy of the self absorbed, self involved narcissist, interested only in the shallow - I mean he's does hair for a living- it's not like he's Gandhi , but he sures thinks of himself that way.

And, is it me or does his salon give every woman who walks through that door the exact same hair style? It's like supercuts for the wealthy.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

I usually go for the cheap mall haircuts because I never get anything drastic done but if I ever win the lottery I'll be on a plane to LA to have my hair done by Jonathan! You only ever see him do women with thick hair so of course he can make them look glam. I'd love to see if he's up for the challenge of my thinning, fly-away hair that never seems to lay right.

His crying every single episode gets old but I still watch because I just love this show, even if it is a bit scripted.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-09-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I usually go for the cheap mall haircuts because I never get anything drastic done but if I ever win the lottery I'll be on a plane to LA to have my hair done by Jonathan! You only ever see him do women with thick hair so of course he can make them look glam. I'd love to see if he's up for the challenge of my thinning, fly-away hair that never seems to lay right.

His crying every single episode gets old but I still watch because I just love this show, even if it is a bit scripted.
    Yup, if I could afford it, I'd love for him to cut my hair too. However, if I had an extra $500 sitting around, I'd be paying bills with it! I won't go to a cheap salon because I'm so finicky about who cuts my hair. I've been with the same stylist for over 15 years. The two or three times someone else cut my hair, I was not happy.

I have very thick hair, so I know Jonathan could really do a great job on my hair. Plus, I'd just love to go to one of the salons and see what everyone is like when the cameras aren't on.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fascinated

I accidently turned to Bravo a few weeks ago when it happened to be showing 'Blow Out'. There's definitely a subliminal message in that show!!! I am 'so into it'...almost as much as Jonathan is 'so into him'! I really enjoy watching it and would LOVE to have the $$$$ to have him use that spray on me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12