+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

03/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Let's keep all discussions to here.

So far, Jonathon has a new baby, is opening a new salon in Hawaii, a new therapist, and is expanding his product line. Oh, and he seems to think that he's a photo stylist now.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 03-21-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I have to tape the 11 pm show since I had too much going on for the 9 pm show. I won't get to watch it until Thursday since I have a test to study for tomorrow

Kiara -- what was up with her multi-layered, multi-colored extensions?
    With that short, reverse-angled hot pink side and the blue hanging down the other side, she looked like she just fell off the koo koo truck.

She looked as though she had scalped a couple hundred troll dolls and used the scalps in her hair.

Jonathan is koo koo as usual, and that is why we love watching him. Good TV! He was so off the mark with that photo shoot, it is almost hard to believe he could have survived in business for so long. It seemed scripted to me, like the producers concocted a drama to make the episode more interesting.

But then, people should know better than to hire a loose cannon like that. The designers were probably willing to put up with anything to get the exposure on his TV show.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    It seemed scripted to me, like the producers concocted a drama to make the episode more interesting.

Just like last season! The situations seem fake as all get out, yet it's still fascinating to watch. The Photo shoot was totally staged, as was the hair spray naming fiasco. Dragging Jason out of bed for the Good Morning America show was just a way of reintroducing him for new audiences.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Dragging Jason out of bed for the Good Morning America show was just a way of reintroducing him for new audiences.
    Very true. But I didn't care, because I loves me some Jason. He was adorable all wrapped up in the blanket like that, lol.

Strangely enough, I didn't really like Diana DiGarmo on Idol, but I liked her in this guest appearance on BlowOut. Great personality! I think she will have a lifelong, successful career in show business.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I found myself really bored. Same 'ole, same 'ole. Shrink meetings, crying, bitching, bangin' hair and talk about "Dirt".

I started wandering around stations 1/4 of the way through the episode.

Everything is staged now.. it's getting obvious. ESPECIALLY when he called Jason and apparently just went knocking on his door, even when Jason didn't call back. Puhlease.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I found myself really bored. Same 'ole, same 'ole. Shrink meetings, crying, bitching, bangin' hair and talk about "Dirt".

I felt the same way. I was all excited about the new season. Nothing new there.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Everything is staged now.. it's getting obvious. ESPECIALLY when he called Jason and apparently just went knocking on his door, even when Jason didn't call back. Puhlease.
    I agree that most of it is staged now. But personally, I believe it always has been. Dude doesn't seem to like not being in control or in the know. But then again, who does?

The thing with Jason most likely was staged, but I don't think it was unrealistic. Does Jonathan strike you as the type to just give up because he didn't get the phone call back? Hell no. "I don't give a damn if you're sleeping, Jason. We've got HAIR to do!!!! And we have to make it bangin'! You can sleep when you're dead!"

Just watched the ep. I agree, same drama. Crying, yelling, cussing, cutting but I love it!

What I hate though is how Jonathan can't stand people telling him how to do things yet he feels it's perfectly fine to totally go against the vision of the photo shoot guy. If someone told him a models hair would look better this way or that way, he'd freak out for sure because he's the hairdresser. But he's not a photographer and has no business recreating someone else's work. I wish the photographer wouldn't have given in to him just on principle.

I've also noticed that Jonathan's head looks even bigger, it probably needed to expand to hold all that extra ego that he's acquired.

I would like to try some of his products though but can only get them on line. I don't have a Sephora store nearby.

Also, did he get married? I don't know if he's actually said that. He says he's a father and has a great girl at home but I don't think I heard the word "wife."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast