+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/28 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

6/28 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Well here we are at JONATHAN once more, and it looks like it is going to be an exciting hair today gone tomorrow episode with Scott , the attytude man from Zorbits.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

looks like I was the only one in the country watching this episode. I cannot believe that Edward is sooooo fragile, calling Mommy because he is not doing well. and Next week "He's MEAN to me"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I watched, I just wasn't able to comment while watching. I have to say, Kiara is really talented with the fake hair. It was actually very generous of Jonathan to take Kimberly on the photoshoot, she did good. Uh, anyone else get the feeling that the therapy sessins are staged?
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    looks like I was the only one in the country watching this episode. I cannot believe that Edward is sooooo fragile, calling Mommy because he is not doing well. and Next week "He's MEAN to me"
    So being close to one's mother is "fragile"? It actually shows he's a sensitive young man.. but oh yeah, any sign of being human is faux pas on reality tv (example: Scott, the Subhuman.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    I watched, I just wasn't able to comment while watching. I have to say, Kiara is really talented with the fake hair. It was actually very generous of Jonathan to take Kimberly on the photoshoot, she did good.
    I love this show, so of course I watched it. The best part is to see Jonathan teaching. He really is a great teacher. I would have been thrilled to learn haircutting techniques from him. I felt the one guy who couldn't handle it had a lot of personal issues that had nothing to do with Jonathan.

I still hate "Dimberly." She needs a personality makeover and a jaw reduction.

hehehe - Harvest said "Dimberly"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fan
    Okey dokey Gabriel, you wanted some episode feedback. :o) Here goes:

I do love watching this show. Although I do think more than a few things are staged -- the ladies' move into Jonathan and Rosie's office, the huffing and puffing between Jonathan and Scott, Kimberly's big announcement that she would leave if things didn't change in a major way.

Good grief, the girl is still green. She seems to feel that she has a leg up because of her prior two years as Jonathan's assistant. Being an assistant and being a stylist are two different things. She still needs to prove herself as the latter. In the meantime, Kimberly needs to continue sitting in the waiting area and flipping through magazines while she waits to build up her clientele. That's how everyone starts out, Kimberly, and you're no better than anyone else.

I didn't buy Scott's argument that the meeting would have been more effective if they'd had it in his offices. All those "reference samples" sitting in his office that he wanted Jonathan to see? Hey Scott: ever heard of a BRIEF CASE??? Little plastic bottles are quite portable and managable if you put them in something and CARRY them wherever you're going. Just another excuse to puff up his chest -- that's all this was.

Jonathan doesn't get off scott free, though, pun intended :o) At this stage of the creative process, they should sort of be through that whole "show me some alternative ideas" stage. They should be honing in on a specific direction. If Jonathan doesn't have time to sit in these meetings and put his stamp of approval on creative directions then he should appoint someone to do it for him. He seems to have a very high opinion of Rosie. My solution would've been to bring her in at the very beginning. Let Rosie listen to Scott's rationale for his creative concepts. Then Rosie chooses what she thinks would be Jonathan's top one or two choices. Then have her take these choices back to Jonathan for a final decision. This alleviates all the time-wasting sturm and drang of a face-to-face meeting between the alpha dogs. Except drama is what these shows are all about. So pardon my desire for wanting them to do things in a rational way. lol

I felt really bad for Edward. He did sort of implode, didn't he? But I can relate. I don't handle pressure well, either. This was a big moment for him and he knew it. Obviously he felt the need to do an absolutely perfect haircut. He got so wound up, so worried, that it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. How ironic that Scott, Mr. Drama Queen, held it together and Edward, the stable one, stressed himself literally out of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz
    Okey dokey Gabriel, you wanted some episode feedback. :o) Here goes:

I do love watching this show. Although I do think more than a few things are staged -- the ladies' move into Jonathan and Rosie's office.

Good grief, the girl is still green. She seems to feel that she has a leg up because of her prior two years as Jonathan's assistant. Being an assistant and being a stylist are two different things. She still needs to prove herself as the latter. In the meantime, Kimberly needs to continue sitting in the waiting area and flipping through magazines while she waits to build up her clientele. That's how everyone starts out, Kimberly, and you're no better than anyone else.

I felt really bad for Edward. He did sort of implode, didn't he? But I can relate. I don't handle pressure well, either. This was a big moment for him and he knew it. Obviously he felt the need to do an absolutely perfect haircut. He got so wound up, so worried, that it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. How ironic that Scott, Mr. Drama Queen, held it together and Edward, the stable one, stressed himself literally out of the building.
    Did you notice there was no more mention about the office? Yes I think Kimberly has a very high ratiing of herself now that she is a stylist, and Jonathan did a nice thing with the photo shoot for her.

Maybe I was too hard on Edward, but I just did not see him being like that at all,and frankly I was surprised. I would have thought Ms. Drama Queen Scott would have cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    So being close to one's mother is "fragile"? It actually shows he's a sensitive young man.. but oh yeah, any sign of being human is faux pas on reality tv (example: Scott, the Subhuman.)
    No being close to ones mother does not mean he is fragile, I am close to my mother but if I am doing something like Edward was I sure wouldn't call her up crying because I thought I was letting either myself or anyone else down, she would probably tell me to get back in there and stop it. I mean isn't he in his 20s? time to grow up a bit.
    Last edited by just1paul; 06-29-2005 at 03:09 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    thanks for posting info about the show - long story short, sewer cleaning, they turned off our water and we stayed in a lovely 4 star hotel that had no BRAVO! can you imagine?

i can't wait for the recap, which is better than the show, anyway...
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate
    thanks for posting info about the show - long story short, sewer cleaning, they turned off our water and we stayed in a lovely 4 star hotel that had no BRAVO! can you imagine?

i can't wait for the recap, which is better than the show, anyway...
    You might get to see it rerun anyway. I cannot fathom a hotel especially 4 star that does not have BRAVO, did they have other cable channels?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast