+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm. I'm suspicious now.

Hmmmm. I'm suspicious now.

Did anybody else not believe that the two women from the product line would just show up and say they're moving into Jonathan's office? It seemed so implausible, I'm beginning to think they were hired by the producers to add tension and create more drama. Same with that creative director.
    It just doesn't seem authentic.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Oh, I'm with ya on that, Candor.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I've been thinking all along if he is selling JONATHAN PRODUCT in his two salons, why would he need someone else to start making it in larger quantities instead of trying to get the current company money to expand? MEthinks MEsmells a rat for ratings and drama.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    Hmmm. All valid points. And it's certainly got me wondering. I thought it was highly unprofessional of the two women to insist that they had to take over the WeHo office. They could've used Jonathan's home, or Sescie's home, or yes, their hotel rooms (we KNOW they weren't sleeping in their rental cars!).

On a different note, I have to say that the more I watch this show, the more I'm beginning to see Jonathan as the real deal. Egotistical as hell, yeah! But he cares deeply about his work, his employees and his family. It really does seem to be all about the hair, man. And what more could you ask for in a hair stylist/business owner/employer/family member?

But just watch: next week Jonathan will do something completely disgusting and self-centered and I'll despise him all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    I've been thinking all along if he is selling JONATHAN PRODUCT in his two salons, why would he need someone else to start making it in larger quantities instead of trying to get the current company money to expand? MEthinks MEsmells a rat for ratings and drama.

Although I am suspicious of the situation with the two women, it is not unusual for a company to change the formulation of its branded product or to change the manufacturer of the product because, for instance, the original company is starting to charge too much.

But,I do think the women were a setup- they didn't even act serious about it IMO. Rodent smells abound.

ff

Quote Originally Posted by fritofeet
    Although I am suspicious of the situation with the two women, it is not unusual for a company to change the formulation of its branded product or to change the manufacturer of the product because, for instance, the original company is starting to charge too much.

But,I do think the women were a setup- they didn't even act serious about it IMO. Rodent smells abound.

ff
    Jonathan howeveras he tests the samples always makes reference that for example "dirt" does not feel like the Dirt that he is selling now., and the scents are not the same etc., I guess my point is I do not think they are trying to reformulate but there is something amiss here.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    It was my understanding that Jonathan's original concoction he called "Dirt" was something he mixed up using several different products that aren't his, and used them in the salon on his clients, but wasn't selling it as a product. Now that he's creating his own line, he needs to somehow recreate the same type of formula but with original ingredients (thus the chemist), since he can't mix up existing products as his own and sell it.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fritofeet

ff
    While I agree that the whole Product storyline seems staged, i do understand why he may have to reformulate product. It's also possible that the original supplier actually owns the formula, and only allowed Jonathan to put his name on it while it sold it in his salons.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    While I agree that the whole Product storyline seems staged, i do understand why he may have to reformulate product. It's also possible that the original supplier actually owns the formula, and only allowed Jonathan to put his name on it while it sold it in his salons.
    Chorita Baybee- I think you have hit the nail on the HEAD.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fan
    I wasn't sure where this comment should go, so I'm slipping it in here.

There was a reference in last week's episode to the "investor." No names, however. I wonder who it is? I wonder if there's a way to find out? And I wonder how much money the investor actually put up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast