+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm. I'm suspicious now.

More conspiracy theorizing:

I think the Jonathan vs. Scott thing is a setup. Scott almost had a hard time stifling a giggle when Jonathan was freaking out at him at the salon. The little testosterone-laden apology at the end of the last show only made it look more staged.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I think so, too. Scott's insult about his "beauty school education" was so over the top, so meant to provoke, that it sounded like a line he was given.
    If Scott and the marketing women are actors employed to stir up drama, I don't think that Jonathan knows it. His reactions were too real.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Didn't those two ladies come into Antin's office and say "Ok we have to take all of these pictures down, ect ect!"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Also, I'll guarantee that Jonathan didn't just willy-nilly get on the warehouse's forklift and start driving it around. Oh, and when the boxes went flying, the woman & the man standing there had a reaction BEFORE they fell.

I agree that the 2 bitter women who came in to 'take over the office' was staged as well.

The party didn't seem very realistic to me either.. if he was "just going out to dinner" when she called about the broken water main, he sure didn't seem to be in a hurry to get his girlfriend to the dinner, or to the party for that matter.
    Also, his sheepish lil look when he walked into the salon IMO sooo totally fake. Fake surprise look.

OH..and the QVC college. I really do think that Jonathan WOULDN'T be so pompous to sit there with his feet on the desk and his sunglasses on. I mean. Really.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    More conspiracy theorizing:

I think the Jonathan vs. Scott thing is a setup. Scott almost had a hard time stifling a giggle when Jonathan was freaking out at him at the salon. The little testosterone-laden apology at the end of the last show only made it look more staged.
    I don't know that I agree that it's set up.

It's easily a week, if not two, worth of footage that they have to edit down to 30 minutes.

Don't we all have 30 minutes worth of time in two weeks that we act like a jerk?

Beth Ann has worked for Chanel, La Prarie, Lancome, Calvin Klein Fragrance, and Unilever.

Tina has Christian Dior and Loreal on her resume.

Perhaps a staged situation for the cameras, but don't worry - these ladies have the chops.

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    It was my understanding that Jonathan's original concoction he called "Dirt" was something he mixed up using several different products that aren't his, and used them in the salon on his clients, but wasn't selling it as a product. Now that he's creating his own line, he needs to somehow recreate the same type of formula but with original ingredients (thus the chemist), since he can't mix up existing products as his own and sell it.

I actually have the original "Dirt" still in my closet... He did sell it in his salon, he did sell it as a product. But it wasn't in stores - just his salon (back then, there was only the West Hwd. salon). It was a grey container. IF memory serves when I bought it - a jar was $20.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Brandy - Thanks for clearing that up Was the original Dirt any good? And if you have tried the new Dirt, how does it compare?

I bought the new Dirt and it works pretty well.

FORT Newbie
    School in Texas start in the middle of August, so I took the kids out to the mall to start school shopping.

We went to the mall near our house and the first store the daughter wanted to go to was Sephora and look at the Johnathan Product. We were surprised when they said they didn't have it yet, if you want it (w/o going online) in the Houston area you can only get it at "The Galleria" or "Memorial City" the two most upscale malls in town.

The clerk at the store said approx. half a dozen people come in daily asking about it.

I'm not sure I want to purchase Johnathan Product, I like the Dove shampoo I get on sale at CVS, but after watching all the shows I am curious to see the product in person.

FORT Fan
    Check out the prices of his products on QVC online - I guess he plans on selling his product to 'high-end' clients just like he sells his hair services to high-end clients. I'm not cheap but $30+ for a bottle of shampoo and conditioner is just too rich for my blood - Pantene works fine for a fraction of the price. Too bad they couldn't keep his price list in check and make it affordable for the general population - I guess the people calling in to QVC must have a lot of extra money laying around to spend that much on a bottle of shampoo -

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Did anybody else not believe that the two women from the product line would just show up and say they're moving into Jonathan's office? It seemed so implausible, I'm beginning to think they were hired by the producers to add tension and create more drama. Same with that creative director.
    It just doesn't seem authentic.

Seemed very scripted - just like the producers choosing males they know will clash with Jonathon/vice versa, like the Warren Beatty wanna-be from the first season and whiny Scott from Zorbit.

Then again it's all a learning curve for Jonathon... he does seem to be getting calmer... well it's all relative, people!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast