+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Blow Out Spoiler Thread 6/14

Karennz,

Since you worked in adverrtising, maybe you can explain just what that Zorbit jerk is supposed to be doing (see my post above on page 2 where I claim he isn't doing much of anything.) Is his job even in advertising? I couldn't tell. As for "branding," shouldn't that be a total package? All they seemed to be working on was the product packaging, which in color etc. did not match the look of his salon at all. You'd think they would want to get it all together for a coherent "branded" image. But I don't want to say too much since they are the ones getting paid, so they don't deserve our advice.

FORT Fan
    "As for 'branding,' shouldn't that be a total package? All they seemed to be working on was the product packaging, which in color etc. did not match the look of his salon at all. You'd think they would want to get it all together for a coherent "branded" image."

I couldn't agree with you more. The feel should, imho, be interwoven between signage and packaging and any other visuals that incorporate the Jonathan "brand."

When I worked in advertising (back in the Stone Age), most agencies would have at least one creative concept to present at the first meeting, having done some research into the client company to support the concept being presented. But the initial meeting between Zorbit and Jonathan seemed to indicate that each was expecting direction to be given by the other, before anyone started the actual work. It was kind of a Mexican stand-off in reverse. lol

I could go on about my take on the creative process. Bottom line is that, as with most reality programs, this seems to have been set up to create added drama. They've talked about the unnaturally short production deadline. You've got to assume that these people signed agreements at some point. So if they wanted to be on TV this bad, they should suck it up and get on with their creative obligations. Except that it makes for more DRAMA if they scream and dance around, don't it? lol

Near as I can tell Zorbit Boy probably calls himself a "Creative Director." That's a purposely nebulous term that can mean anything or nothing. What it usually means is that the CD can't be blamed for anything that goes wrong because nobody actually knows what he's supposed to be doing in the first place. lol

I give Zorbit Boy credit for setting it up like this. This way, he can claim it wasn't his fault if they fall behind schedule, because Jonathan refused to brainstorm with him during the initial meeting. Critical path my a$$.

Did anyone else notice what the other guys from the other creative agency said in the meeting at Jonathan Salon in Weho? They were going over prospective copy for the labels. Zorbit-jerk was preening and puffing. One of the copy guys asked the rhetorical question, "Whose product line is this again?" Ha ha. Gotta love the sarcasm when it's well-deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Of course not, Jason wanted to diss Kimberly to Annie but now he couldn't. Theres something different about Jasons whole aura this season or is it me? He appears a tad standoffish?

Jason was a bit of a prick towards the end last season. He basically made all the drama and complaints seem like they came from others when he was doing JUST as much bitching. I can't stand him. I think he's phony and fake.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345