+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 06/07 Episode Discussion - *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I wanted more explanation of where people went ... like Jen and Elizabeth! Jen helped him hire for the new salon, and he brushed her off with "we didn't see eye to eye" or something like that. Loved her, loved her hair.

And last year's new assistant: What the?? What happened to her? How long between shows?
    I saw Jen on some kind of makeover show. As a permanent person on there. I cannot remember the name of it, though.

Hopefully the new assistant had half a brain and ran like the wind the second she realized what Jonathan was all about.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

The show is "Ten years younger" on TLC....she has purple hair now

I recognized her on that show -- did not know she had to "choose" between that and her Jonathan gig.

The season opener did not thrill me. It was easier to root for him as a "doofus with a dream" than as someone who stands to make multi millions. It just makes him look even more like a jack@ss somehow. I did like Alyn, though.

And I regretted not watching some of the last season's marathon where I could have picked up some tips on how to cut men's hair when J. was teaching his assistant. I learned when I saw it last year, but since then I have forgotten all the tricks (mostly because hubby likes his hair cut so short I can't "work it.")

[QUOTE=suncat7]I saw Jen on some kind of makeover show. As a permanent person on there. I cannot remember the name of it, though.[QUOTE]

It's called "10 Years Younger" on TLC. It's like a team makeover show (ala' What Not To Wear)

I don't think he'll make his multi-millions with his "Jonathan Product" (aka, piece of evidence #412...see my above post). Maybe he will, but this kitty is against it.

Last season I liked Jason, as he was level-headed, etc. Alyn was good on tonight's show, but that new shampoo boy (excuse me, "assistant") got on my last nerve. Kiara might do good hair, but I think her own hair leaves a lot to be desired. Speaking of which....Sescie's hair (Jonathan's girlfriend)...since he IS hair (as in his statment, "I AM hair, man") then why doesn't he work on Sescie's hair?

I did like the fact that she wasn't a botoxed/plastic/bleachie like I thought she would be.

Jonathan showing his therapy session really cracked me up. Not the things he said, but simply the fact that he let the t.v. crews in his therapy session. "The REAL Jonathan", I guess? And him telling everyone about the party over and over "don't forget the party! DON'T FORGET THE PARTY!!!" I think, if it's supposed to be a pretty decent party, most people wouldn't forget about it. Parties are things people remember....it's things like say...oh, the gas bill, that people forget about.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    There were moments where I just had to cringe at the way Jonathon handles people and business. I guess that he does have something of a conscience, otherwise he wouldn't be in therapy (unless it's court ordered or something), but if he gave a little forethought to his actions he might not need it. Again I have to wonder about the manufactured drama of the show, I don't remember a reason being given for the incredibly short lead time for the development of his product line. I'm guessing that it's so it will debut with the airing of the show. This show is all about product placement.

I loved seeing Kristen Bell, Jonathon did do a great job on her hair (actually both his Golden Globes styles where great). I was glad that Jonathon didn't do the "I love your show" line that he gave Alia, it sounded kind of fake. He didn't seem to realize that Kristen plays a teenager on her show, hence she looks like a teenager.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    If I were Alyn I would be pissed! - cancelled my Chicago appts - rebooked a flight at huge costs and Jonathan says thats the way it is? *punch*
    Jonathan couldn't have offered to cover the cost of the airline ticket that Alyn had to eat? If Jonathan had any class at all, he would have done that. And maybe he could have also brought Alyn with him to the celebrity's home?

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Jonathan owes Alyn BIG TIME. Something celebrity-related along the same lines as the Golden Globes. I agree that he should have at least covered the cost of the ticket, and he should have tried to make it up to Alyn somehow.

What was he thinking, trying to book 2 people for the same time? He should have just told the 2nd person "no" if he couldn't feasibly do it. I would have been surprised if Alia had allowed Alyn to do her hair anyway - Jonathan should have made sure it was okay for Alyn to do her hair before he asked him.

The Ego is bigger than Jonathan's cheesy orange head. If you can believe that! So that's why he double booked. Poor Alyn. I almost can overlook the pretentious way he spells his name.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I don't think he'll make his multi-millions with his "Jonathan Product"
    He is selling the stuff on QVC. A friend told me that he was on this week with the stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast