+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiara

Don't know why I feel the need to defend her, but I do.

As for the party, we don't know how long she stayed. She may have just dropped in for an hour or so to make an appearance, and got the baby to bed at the appropriate time. As for bringing baby to work, she was in a bind that day because her regular sitter was unavailable and you just have to do what you can in that situation. Been there, done that. As far as I'm concerned it's between her and Jonathan. Breastfeeding, not appropriate in a bathroom. Would you eat your lunch in there??? Eww. Be discreet and find a comfortable corner of the workroom (which I think she did), and the others can find a seat facing opposite if it bothers them.

The "mole" thing sounds more like Kim's jealousy getting out of hand. She's been the object of Kim's jealousy this season because Kim feels robbed of the extras the top stylists get. So, let's pick on Kiara, Kim, instead of realizing that you need to get more experience before you expect the same fringe benefits. (She did pay for her bf/baby out of her own pocket, so what's the big deal!?!)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

As wit hany place of employment there are always one or two people that need to get their noses into everything else without all the details. Kim is one and I can see Daniel being another. (he so does not look well this season)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    As wit hany place of employment there are always one or two people that need to get their noses into everything else without all the details. Kim is one and I can see Daniel being another. (he so does not look well this season)
    I agree about Daniel, he's looking sickly.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

As for her being discreet with the breast feeding, the editors didn't show her doing it, so for all we know she whipped it out in front of everyone and set the baby to feeding. She could of also been covered by a blanket. The editors set it up this way so they would get a reaction out of people. Alyn could have turned away.
    Why wouldn't she take a baby out in the rain when she took a baby all the way across the country to another city in February when the temps were near freezing then tramped all over the city sight seeing?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

People seem to bring babies (infants) everywhere these days, change diapers in public next to tables where people are eating without any water to wash their hands with even, let kids run all over creation without watching them, use movie theaters for babysitters, escalators for playtoys, and whatever happened to 'shh the baby is sleeping' - people expect infants to sleep through loud tv, loud stereo, noisy concerts... Sleeping lighter due to noise does stunt a child's growth/health.

Have parents gotten more selfish in the past generation or two?

FORT Newbie
    I work for a nationwide company that employs thousands of people. While our HR handbook is as thick as a phone book, it says nothing against breast feeding in the office/breakroom/restroom. Why do you think that's not covered when they go so far as to tell you how long a man's hair can be or how short a woman's skirt can be? Because you are not allowed to bring your children to work with you.

If your sitter falls through then don't come in, use vacation time/flex time etc. If you're a contractor and get paid by how much you work, you need to weigh the options -- which is costing your more, missing work or finding a replacment sitter.

Personally, I as a 35 year old adult, would not eat in a hair salon regardless if it was in the waiting room or in the break room. Hair gets EVERYWHERE in there and that's the last thing I want as a garnish.

True but many of the Bev Hills salons have little cafes right in them - it's apparently the trendy (big part of Bev Hills life) thing to do there (it's been like that a while now, actually).

For people who don't have time to eat otherwise, forking down bites of quiche or whatever (doggone if I remember) is a necessity if you are spending a few hours in the salon chair.

I do think Kiara has to find a sitter... Actually she likely has one - but is loathe to be apart from her baby. That's normal and I don't fault her for that. But the rain excuse was just that. Unless the baby had a cold - seemed she just did not want to come to work cos she was busy bonding. (again I'm not faulting her, but, sad necessity) I think she even said something along the lines of "I hate to leave her" when she got to work.

She brings her everywhere and does not want to come in to work and leave her... I'm sure if she had her druthers she'd be a stay at home mom right now. It is obvious work is much lower on her priority list. She needs to think of some way to incorporate both, but at Jonathon Bev Hills I doubt that will be popular. That type of clientele isn't normally baby crazy.

Nor apparently are Kiara's co-workers.

Edit; hmm now that Jonathon is expecting... will the breakroom become a nursery? (doubt it)

I kind of hope she's not around this season. I liked her in Season 1, but Season 2 she was all about trying to prove herself as new mom of the year, and I think it annoyed me more than it did Alyn.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I didn't see season 1, but she isn't that good so far.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Newbie

Best thing going....

I watched the first and second episodes of the third season. I liked it!!! and I liked Kiara. I think that she is beautiful and smart. She has that beautiful excentric look that makes her great. It is refreshing to see someone who you can tell loves their work as much as she does.

I think the show is off to a great start and I cant wait to watch more.........oH and by the way I use Johnathans "Dirt" and it is awesome.....not a plug or anything just wanted to give a little validation to the hype..........

DREAD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12