+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Antin

Jonathan Antin

From the offiical site;
    OWNER & HEAD STYLIST

Renowned stylist Jonathan Antin who has worked with such high-profile celebrities as Madonna, Kate Bosworth, Kirsten Dunst, Alicia Silverstone, Tiger Woods, Ricky Martin, and Tobey Maguire is the owner of Beverly Hills' newest high-fashion salon, appropriately named Jonathan Salon.

A Los Angeles native, Antin was raised among the fashion and beauty industry's elite. As a teenager, he was inspired by Warren Beatty's role in the award-winning hit movie Shampoo. It was then that Antin found his true calling in life. He soon dropped out of Beverly Hills High to enroll in the Fairfax Beauty Academy, where he quickly landed a job at a trendy West Hollywood salon. Like Beatty's hairstylist character, Antin's smoldering good looks, charisma, unique fashion sense and fresh approach proved irresistible. Within a few short years, and after doing some of Europe's biggest runway shows, he claimed the West Hollywood salon as his own, garnering a list of celebrity clientele rivaling the best in the business.

With his high-profile client base and his reputation as one of the leading hairstylists, the opening of his second salon, Jonathan Salon, located in Beverly Hills, is a natural next step for the revolutionary stylist.

Over the last fifteen years, Antin's cutting-edge hairstyles and innovative contributions to the world of beauty have been featured in over one hundred fashion and style magazines, including Elle, Vogue, Allure, W, InStyle, People, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, New Woman, New York Magazine, and Los Angeles magazine. Jonathan has also created the looks in many award winning music videos such as Livin' La Vida Loca, Living on the Edge, and She Bangs.

In addition, he has appeared on television shows all over the world, ranging from several appearances on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, ABC's "Extreme Makeover," and numerous series on Lifetime, E! Entertainment, The Style Network, and MTV.

Also, Antin's West Hollywood Salon, also titled Jonathan Salon, and his product line, Jonathan Product are positioned to soon become global brands.

Jonathan Salon in Beverly Hills is located at: 9681 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, California 90212.

So is this a different salon and people than the one we saw already ??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    So is this a different salon and people than the one we saw already ??
    Same salon and same owner. Bravo hasn't updated the site to reflect new cast members, so we don't know who's still at the salon and who isn't. Hopefully, once the show starts, they'll update their profiles and remove the old ones. Brandon is still on there and I doubt very highly that he'll be coming back!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Same Jonathon, same salon, some different people. He is putting out a product line. It normally takes 2 years of research and developement but he is going to do it in three months. ( didn't he learn a lesson with accelerating time frames when he opened his salon. he had all kinds of contractor problems.) We also get to see him in his therapy sessions. He will probably cry alot too.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I am going to watch to see if it is any good. (As long as Jason comes back it will be good, he was a good offset for Jonathan)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Jason was one of the nice ones
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Oh no I can't stand this guy. Who was the one on the motorcycle, was that Jason, or was Jason the one from New York he brought to CA.

I'm confused but I refuse to watch, I despise this creep! And it took me till the last episode of the first one for me to decide I really despise him! (which means I got sucked in as usual)

I want to know one thing, though. Why were all or most of the business meetings/gossip/fights held out in the back alley by the trashcans? Or on the sidewalk in front? Did this guy not have a proper office with a door? Come on! Little meetings in supply rooms? No office? With desk?

Quote Originally Posted by shaynas_mom
    Oh no I can't stand this guy. Who was the one on the motorcycle, was that Jason, or was Jason the one from New York he brought to CA.

I'm confused but I refuse to watch, I despise this creep! And it took me till the last episode of the first one for me to decide I really despise him! (which means I got sucked in as usual)

I want to know one thing, though. Why were all or most of the business meetings/gossip/fights held out in the back alley by the trashcans? Or on the sidewalk in front? Did this guy not have a proper office with a door? Come on! Little meetings in supply rooms? No office? With desk?
    The motorcycle owner was Brandon who was booted out.
    All of the stuff was done out in the back I am guessing so they could smoke. I have also worked in salons that were like a branch of a main salon and the office was at the main salon, and they used the dispensary for everything else at the other place. Costs $$ to have 2 offices.

BTW shaynas Mom thats a pretty funny avatar yoou have.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Just finished watching Bravo's Season 1 marathon (missed a lot of the shows the first time they ran).

Ego? Yup, Jonathan has that. But, then again, I also noticed how --- when he offended/hurt someone and came to that realization later --- he was eventually big enough to talk to them and admit he was hard on them, was an a-hole, etc., and that being the case, he apologized for his behavior.

As the veteran of many undeserved reamings over the years from bosses who couldn't find their own asses with both hands, a flashlight and a road map (and I can count on half a finger the apologies I've received after being unfairly disemboweled), I've gotta give Jonathan kudos for being savvy enough to realize that, no, he DOESN'T work in that salon alone, and yes, he DOES need his stylists, so if he has to back up and say "I'm sorry!", then he'll honestly earn the respect and loyalty of his employees.

For that reason alone, I'll probably check Season Two out.

Oh, and JMHO on taking people outside or going in the back room?

If I'm gonna be chewed on or have a heavy business discussion, to me, it makes more sense to "take it outside", or in a back room if you don't have an inside office, if you have to, rather than conducting such a convo inside the business and probably having somebody on staff who really doesn't need to be privy to what's being discussed walk in and hear what's going on (that is none of their business), or have customers overhear what's going on.

Also, if you can't smoke inside the salon, where better than to go outside so you can puff your little heart out while you're dabbling in the drama?

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 06-05-2005 at 07:35 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I did watch the 1st season,will watch the 2nd....
    Although JA. @ times made it almost unbearable
    to watch..Especially his cheezy 70's
    sayings,"babe Hair" "hot chick", and "bro" all
    he needs is a gold chain w/a big medallion
    hanging form it,"hey babe whats your sign"
    "where have you've been all my life?"oops
    he did use that line when he saw Barbie,oh
    I mean Kelly walking across the street......
    I know we are suppose to stick to the topic
    talking about season 2,but when he snapped
    on Brandon for asking a client out,I thought
    that was pretty hypocritical,when he asked
    the girl Nicole out when she was applying for
    the job,for the BH Salon..I was no Brandon
    fan either..................
    And whats up with him being all kissy face with all
    the clients....If anything I think John is Bi.........
    His new girlfriend,looks like the gay dude on Boogie
    Nights,the dude that was setting off the fire crackers,
    in the rich guys house..for those who have seen that
    movie..
    Lastly I think John wears a rug on his head...
    I will watch this season,maybe John
    will come out of the closet..Not that there is
    anything wrong with that........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast