+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBC announces second season of "Blow Out"

NBC announces second season of "Blow Out"

IT'S MORE TEARS, MORE DRAMA, AND MORE CELEBRITY HAIR AS BRAVO ANNOUNCES THE RETURN OF JONATHAN ANTIN AND 'BLOW OUT'

BRAVO INKS DEAL FOR SECOND SEASON OF 'BLOW OUT'

BURBANK, Calif. -- November 5, 2004 -- Bravo signs deal with NBC Universal based Reveille LLC and Jonathan Antin for a second installment of Bravo's popular hit series "Blow Out." The series is slated to air in 2005. The announcement was made today by Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo.

"'Blow Out' was a huge hit for Bravo and the ratings continued to climb week after week. That's the mark of a buzz-worthy show," said Zalaznick. "Jonathan Antin left his fans wanting more and we're happy to deliver."

"Blow Out," which drew over one million viewers for the season finale, followed the celebrated stylist as he embarked on his lifelong dream of unveiling Jonathan Salon in Beverly Hills and establishing a presence in one of the nation's most privileged cities.

As a teenager, Antin was inspired to become a stylist by Warren Beatty's role as the sexy, lady-loving George Roundy in the hit film "Shampoo." He dropped out of Beverly Hills High to enroll in the Fairfax Beauty Academy, where he quickly landed a job at a trendy West Hollywood salon. Like Beatty's character, Antin's smoldering good looks and charisma, combined with his unique fashion sense proved irresistible. Within a few years, he claimed the salon as his own -- garnering a list of celebrity clientele rivaling the best in the business. With the successful opening of Jonathan Salon Beverly Hills, Antin's brand and presence in the fashion industry continues to grow as he looks to also expand and market is own production line, Jonathan Product.

Bravo is an arts and culture network featuring a variety of programs presented in an original and engaging way. Currently seen in more than 77 million homes, Bravo is the television destination for viewers who want creativity, experimentation and innovation. Offering programming with a unique point of view, the network features original series and specials, feature films (both independent and mainstream) as well as performance specials and compelling documentary series. Its critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming includes "Inside the Actors Studio," "Celebrity Poker Showdown," and Cirque du Soleil specials and series, as well as the 2004 Emmy winner for Outstanding Reality Program, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." The network's latest hits include "Blow Out," "Showbiz Moms & Dads," and the improvisational sitcom "Significant Others."

Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been a NBC Cable Network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980.

i'm actually surprised this is getting a second season. i watched it and capped it, but never thought of it as a hit. maybe bravo has a different definition of "hit."

This season should follow the expansion of the salon to accomodate Jonathan's HUGE ego.
    Of course, even after an expansion, the "break room" would still be a cheesy folding table, plastic chairs and piles of empty boxes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I enjoyed the first season. Lots of laughs! I hope the second lives up to or surpasses it. We need something to watch over the summer!

I enjoyed what little I got to see of it the first time. I kept forgetting it was on. Jonathan does have a HUGE ego and I guess the second season will just contribute to that. I will be watching, though.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I wonder if it was Jonathan's psychologist/shrink who recommend he do another season of this?
    At the end of the first installation...Jonathan looked like he was "over it". I can't imagine that it was HIS idea for another season...but with the ego, ya never know.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I have to wonder where this is gonna go? I mean, the Salon is opened, that was the original plot. Is it gonna be about the struggles the salon is facing? I heard that it wasn't doing very well.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Actually, I think Part II is supposed to be about the launch of his product line. I'm going to miss Brandon. He's what kept me coming back to watch along with the woman whose name I can't think of at the moment who finally passed her stylist test with Jonathan and was getting to cut hair at the end.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    He's what kept me coming back to watch along with the woman whose name I can't think of at the moment who finally passed her stylist test with Jonathan and was getting to cut hair at the end.
    Right, right. Wasn't her name Kim or something? And I liked the girl with the pink hair whose name I think was Jennifer? And then the blonde guy who was bicoastal whose name was? Well, obviously I didn't like any of them enough to remember their names! But it was an okay show. Jonathan does have a massive ego so I'm not at all surprised he agreed to do a second season - he was probably bugging them about it all this time. I'd watch it. That's not saying much though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Sadly, what I remember most about the first season was the incessant product placements for American Express.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast