+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NBC announces second season of "Blow Out"

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Sadly, what I remember most about the first season was the incessant product placements for American Express.
    , Mariner. Wasn't there also something for Lenscrafters? I remember someone coming in for a day of beauty and then having to go to Lenscrafters to top off the day. As you do.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Lest we not forget .... Maybelline.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

CCL,
    I forgot to say before yes her name is Kim! Thank you. About Lenscrafters and Maybelline. It's all starting to come back now. Hopefully this season will focus more on the characters and less on the sponsors.

I am so excited about this return! Jonathan and the salon is such a trip...these people are so affected!

I can't wait! I loved last season...can't wait for the new one. My first posts last year were on here about Blow Out, season 1. Why isn't it on Bravo??
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    I can't wait! I loved last season...can't wait for the new one. My first posts last year were on here about Blow Out, season 1. Why isn't it on Bravo??
    It is on Bravo. I think NBC is a producing partner or some such business connection? Maybe NBC owns Bravo? Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    It is on Bravo. I think NBC is a producing partner or some such business connection? Maybe NBC owns Bravo? Don't know.
    *ding, ding* We have a winner. NBC does own Bravo.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    , Mariner. Wasn't there also something for Lenscrafters? I remember someone coming in for a day of beauty and then having to go to Lenscrafters to top off the day. As you do.
    Yes, this show followed The Restaurants format and virtually everything in the show was an advertisment/product placement. Jonathon's eye wear was all from Lenscrafters, his car was provided by Mercedes, etc. They were all major sponsors and had their little moment on camera.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    *ding, ding* We have a winner. NBC does own Bravo.
    Ooh, do I win something? I'm all excited.

Hm, you're right, Chorita, the Salon was very similar to the Restaurant in terms of sponsorship. I didn't even think of that connection. Hm. Maybe Jonathan can whip out his hair dryer and be all "Conair, baby."

Does anyone know when/where Blow Out is going to air in Canada? Last year it played at the same time as in the US on the W Network but I don't see anything on its website. I hate when they air programs months later in Canada - we are just getting Project Runway now.

Does anyone know when/where Blow Out is going to air in Canada? Last year it played at the same time as in the US on the W Network but I don't see anything on its website. I hate when they air programs months later in Canada - we are just getting Project Runway now.
    I was hoping that the Canadian Bravo would carry this - they did the first time didn't they? At any rate, I'm keeping my eyes peeled. If I see it listed anywhere, I'll let you know.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast