+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Hi, as you know, I come from Kharkov, Ukraine. My goal of registering here was to watch and worry together for our favorite contestants, and also to share experience from our Ukrainian Biggest Loser show, or, as it is named in our country, "Зважені та Щасливі" (literally translated as "Weighed and Happy").

I would like to show you how Ukrainians do in weight loss. And Ukrainians do very well. The good thing is that many contestants manage to keep their weight after the end of the show, and there are few that even keep losing their unhealthy kilos.

I also would like to present you before-and-after photos of our contestants and their progress. Together we had 4 seasons, 86 contestants and 3 trainers (the 5th season is coming the next year despite the difficult political situation in our country).

If I accidentally violate something by putting photos here, then, please, let me know.

So, this morning I'm going to show you the amazing transformations (well, amazing but one or two) from season 4 which ended two weeks ago, on 25th of December.

First, basic information about the contestants.

We had three teams: the "young blue" team (under 23 years), the "middle green" team (23-40 years), and the "old red" team (41-50 years). Just like in your's season 12. Our teams were bigger though, there were seven contestants in each team, 21 in total. While blue and red team were trained by two experienced trainers, the green team was trained by a newbie on the Biggest Loser.

So, these are the transformations. I list the contestants in order of their elimination, finishing with three finalists.

Alla Vinogradnaya
    Starting weight: 124 kilos (273 lbs)
    Finale weight: 95 kilos (209 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 23,39%

TRIVIA:
    - Was one of the oldest contestants in the history of Ukrainian TBL (along with Natalia Svistun).

Natalia Svistun
    Starting weight: 119 kilos (262 lbs)
    Finale weight: 69 kilos (152 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 42,02%

TRIVIA:
    - The one that most surprised me positively at the finale;
    - Had a chance to come back to the camp in Week 14, but didn't complete the challenge and was not qualified for further competition.
    - Was one of the oldest contestants in the history of Ukrainian TBL (along with Alla Vinogradnaya).

Irina Strebkova
    Starting weight: 109 kilos (240 lbs)
    Finale weight: 60 kilos (132 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 44,95%

TRIVIA:
    - Though Irina left the camp on week 3, she managed to show third best result among all contestants at the finale.

Sergei Poroschenko
    Starting weight: 174 kilos (384 lbs)
    Finale weight: 123 kilos (271 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 29,31%

TRIVIA:
    - One of the very hew contestants on the Ukrainian TBL who is absolutely Ok with private life.

Sergei Bondarenko
    Starting weight: 164 kilos (362 lbs)
    Finale weight: 99 kilos (218 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 39,63%

TRIVIA:
    - Had heart problems after one of the workout and was taken to the hospital. Was not allowed to take part in further challenges and to go through active workouts. This was the main reason he was sent home quite early, on week 5.

Lyudmila Bondarenko
    Starting weight: 132 kilos (291 lbs)
    Finale weight: 87 kilos (192 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 34,09%

TRIVIA:
    - Lyudmila comes from Lugansk, which is situated inside the ATO zone, so she had a tough time training at home, but nevertheless, lost a lot of weight.

Tanya Melikhova
    Starting weight: 124 kilos (273 lbs)
    Finale weight: 105 kilos (231 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 15,32%

TRIVIA:
    - The youngest contestant of the season.
    - Gained weight at home before the finale and had the worst result out of all 21 contestants.

Lyuda Ostanina
    Starting weight: 111 kilos (245 lbs)
    Finale weight: 75 kilos (165 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 32,43%

TRIVIA:
    - Like her namesake, Lyuda comes from ATO zone, from Gorlovka, and had a very difficult time losing weight at home.
    - Has a small prononcuation defect, sometimes entangles letters "R" and "L".

Igor Antonyuk
    Starting weight: 198 kilos (437 lbs)
    Finale weight: 112 kilos (247 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 43,43%

TRIVIA:
    - He is the fastest to lose 40 kilos in the history of Ukrainian TBL (8 weeks).
    - Had great chances for the finals and excellent weight loss, but didn't build good relationships with the team and got eliminated as soon as fell below the yellow line.
    - Was the leader of the red team.

Tatiana Krikunenko
    Starting weight: 151 kilos (333 lbs)
    Finale weight: 81 kilos (179 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 46,36%
    AT-HOME PRIZE WINNER

TRIVIA:
    - Was chosen as the first contestant to the 4th season at the end of previous one by Ukraine.
    - Broke a rib during one of the challenges and was not allowed to take part in several others.

Evgeniy Kozlovskiy
    Starting weight: 146 kilos (322 lbs)
    Finale weight: 83 kilos (183 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 43,15%

TRIVIA:
    - Had a back injury in the middle of the season and didn't participate in several challenges.
    - Gained 3 kilos at the week 12 weighing, which is the worst weighing result in the season.

Natascha Solodkaya
    Starting weight: 198 kilos (437 lbs)
    Finale weight: 128 kilos (283 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 35,35%

TRIVIA:
    - The heaviest female contestant in the history of Ukrainian TBL.
    - Comes from ATO zone (Enakievo), so had to leave her town and settled temporarily by Yulia Fomina (the winner of the season). Then moved to Kyiv, where continued to lose weight under the surveillance of her trainer.
    - Didn't lose anything 3 times at the weigh-ins.

Sergei Chopik
    Starting weight: 199 kilos (439 lbs)
    Finale weight: 128 kilos (245 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 44,22%

TRIVIA:
    - The heaviest contestant in this season.
    - Was eliminated week 13, then had a chance to come back but lost the KO weigh-in to Dmitri Zavoyura and was forced to leave the camp again.

Ivanka Marchuk
    Starting weight: 131 kilos (289 lbs)
    Finale weight: 89 kilos (196 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 32,06%

TRIVIA:
    - She's a tomboy; her nickname among the friends is "erne".

Arpad Komar
    Starting weight: 162 kilos (357 lbs)
    Finale weight: 94 kilos (207 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 41,98%

TRIVIA:
    - Has a huge family of wife and five children, all of whom have quite exotic names (for Ukraine).
    - Was a leader of the green team.

Vitaliy Vas'ko
    Starting weight: 149 kilos (328 lbs)
    Finale weight: 101 kilos (223 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 32,21%

TRIVIA:
    - In 2013 applied for MasterChef, but was not qualified.

Dmitri Zavoyura
    Starting weight: 147 kilos (324 lbs)
    Finale weight: 83 kilos (183 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 43,53%

TRIVIA:
    - Was eliminated along with Igor Antonyuk on week 10; on week 14 he was given a chance to come back to the camp. He went through the challenge and won over Sergei Chopik in a KO weigh-in, and regained his place in the camp. In week 17 there was a challenge where the contestants had to name the person who is less deserving to stay in the camp. All the remained contestans chose Dmitri because of his comeback, and because of this he had one more challenge to overcome: he had to stay above the yellow line at the last weigh-in in order to stay in the camp. But Dmitri shockingly lost only 1 kilo and was automatically eliminated.

Alena Voronova
    Starting weight: 152 kilos (335 lbs)
    Finale weight: 91 kilos (201 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 40,13%

TRIVIA:
    - Pulled out very small numbers in the first weeks, but was lucky with the team's general results and never fell below the yellow line during the team competition. At the individual stage she started to show good results but nevertheless fell 3 times below the yellow line; but was saved over and over due to good relationships with other contestants and not being a threat at the finale.

Oleg Sichak
    Starting weight: 149 kilos (328 lbs)
    Finale weight: 91 kilos (201 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 38,92%
    2ND RUNNER-UP

TRIVIA:
    - Famous for shouting out "Reanimation!" after every challenge that he or his team won.
    - Has a son that suffers from ICP.
    - The last standing member of the red team.

Oleg Gopatsa
    Starting weight: 165 kilos (364 lbs)
    Finale weight: 92 kilos (203 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 44,24%
    RUNNER-UP

TRIVIA:
    - The leader and the last standing member of the blue team.
    - Won 4 individual challenges.

Yulia Fomina
    Starting weight: 118 kilos (260 lbs)
    Finale weight: 56 kilos (123 lbs)
    Total percentage of weight loss: 52,54%
    THE 4TH UKRAINIAN BIGGEST LOSER

TRIVIA:
    - Has set a bunch of records (in Ukrainian version of the show), such as: losing most weight at camp among all women (47 kilos); having the biggest percentage of weight loss at the camp among all contestants (39,85%); the longest period without bad results at scales among all women (she didn't lose less than 2 kilos in 14 consecutive weeks, and lost 1 kilo only once when had immunity); the smallest weight at the finale among all contestants (56 kilos) etc.
    - The last standing member of the green team.
    - Supposedly was in conflict with Arpad Komar because of the question of leadership in the team (Yulia wanted to be a leader but was not chosen, basically for just being a woman and the youngest member of her team).
    - Has never fallen bellow yellow line and has never been under the threat of elimination (one more record).

Charts:

1) General progress:

2) Weight loss timeline:

3) Elimination history:

4) Percentages:

5) The Weeks Biggest Losers Board:

6) Contestants ranking:

I will add a legend later, now have to go to work.
    Last edited by Sabur; 01-08-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Want to add something
    Punkin and MReid like this.
    Half of life for a star, freedom for a moon, I kiss the sky, and it pours the water...

Re: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Thanks for the post and for all your hard work.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thanks for the post and for all your hard work.
    You welcome. It'll be more today, but later.
    MReid likes this.
    Half of life for a star, freedom for a moon, I kiss the sky, and it pours the water...

Wow Sabur this is fantastic!!! I can tell you really are a fan of this show. I love how you posted the before and after photos as well. Yulia is beautiful! Im glad she won! Some of these guys look completely different in their after photos.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

Sabur Im curious I notice the guy Oleg in photo 4 looks kind of sad even in his after photo, how was he on the show? Was he angry like Rob of this season idk he just seems really down in that after photo to me, just curious

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Sabur Im curious I notice the guy Oleg in photo 4 looks kind of sad even in his after photo, how was he on the show? Was he angry like Rob of this season idk he just seems really down in that after photo to me, just curious
    Which Oleg? The oldest one? Well, as I wrote, he has a son who's got ICP. And he's definitely not like Rob. In contrast, he's a very calm and kind person. Even his voice is very kind and quite thin as for a man. Why does he look sad? Maybe he realized he would not win this. Maybe he was just feeling not comfortable in his clothes (his jacket is definitely a size or two smaller). Maybe it's just a momentary photo effect.

He was okay at the camp. Was missing his family hard, but at the same time won a few challenges. He just seemed like a melancholic personality.

Contestants have very different personalities. I remember very well Koli Palu's reaction at winning 100 000$. To be precise, there hasn't been any reaction. The man was obviously irritated he wasn't chosen by America and this was his focal thought in that moment. And at the same time, I remember reactions of people who lost less weight and even remained fat but were shining from joy (like Jesse & Arthur). It's an individual thing.
    MReid likes this.

Oops Im sorry Sabur I meant Sergei Poroschenko

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Oops Im sorry Sabur I meant Sergei Poroschenko
    Ah this one just didn't lose a lot of weight, I wouldn't be very happy too. 20th place out of 21 possible.
    On the other hand, he's got a wife that loves him. As I noted, he's ok in private life
    MReid likes this.

Hi, Sabur! And welcome to the Fort! How did you ever find us from the other side of the world? Do most people in the Ukraine speak English as well as you do? You are obviously a super fan, thanks for all of the pics. Some of these transformations are astounding! I wasn't aware that other countries had TBL shows of their own.

I'd love it if you went to our "Current Events" forum and started a thread about how the conflict in your country is affecting you and your family and friends. I hope you know that there are many people here in this country and around the world who are concerned for you and the events in Ukraine that we are watching from afar. Take care.
    PWS, Photobabe and MReid like this.
    Lynda

Near Normal (no, really, Normal is the name of the town)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabur View Post
    W Well, as I wrote, he has a son who's got ICP.
    I do not know what ICP means. Elaborate, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast