+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Re: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Gallery Week 3 Part 1

Irina's teams workout.

Denis's teams workout, with Anton reluctantly doing it.

Denis pushing Olesya who is reluctant as well.

Anton and Sarkis sharing their thoughts about missing home.

Contestants arrive to the supermarket.

Start of the challenge.

Green leading the race.

Black trailing and Maria urging Andrej to run.

Anton again reluctant at the last-chance workout.

Denis doing therapy talk with Andrej.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Gallery Week 3 Part 2

Third weigh-in: Green, Purple, Gray and Aqua Teams.

Third weigh-in: Yellow, Orange, Pink and Black Teams.

The results.

Black and Orange are on the chopping block.

Third elimination.

Pink Team's final vote for Orange.

Anton and Sarkis's good-byes.

Seven teams are now left.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Russian Season 3 Episode 4 Brief Summary.

- Week 4 starts with Yulia (the host, I remind one last time) bringing in some mail from home for the contestants. For free. One by one she reads the main lines from the letters and then passes them to the losers. We learn that Olesya's family loves her but hates to see her anytime soon. And Stas's mom tells him to wear warm socks because it's getting colder (it's late September outside). Everyone receives letters from home except from one person - Maria K., or let me call her Mascha from here on now (to differ her from Black Team's Maria; Mascha is the other form of name "Maria"). You may remember that her husband called her "an ugly and fat monster". Mascha is very saddened. Then Yulia actually takes out a dictophone and tells Mascha that her husband sent her an audio message and insists on Mascha listening to it alone. When Mascha listens to the record, she is shocked. Her husband reproaches her for being gone to the show and says that their marriage always has been a kind of fake to him. Basically he says that he doesn't need her anymore. Mascha is naturally upset and starts to bawl so loud that other contestants hear it and rush upstairs to her bedroom and try to calm her down. Upon learning about the nasty situation, they try to convince her that she has a lot of friends down here in the house who won't let her down.

- Later in the day, the trainers arrive and also learn about Mascha's mishap. Irina decides to talk to her one on one. She finds out that Mascha loved and still loves her husband, but also that he never loved her, even when they married. Irina is shocked and asks how Mascha could have married the man who didn't love her, and Mascha can't answer clearly. Irina says that physical pressure is one of the best ways to get rid of the emotional issues so she takes Mascha and her other contestants for the workout, where Mascha still can't focus totally but performs well, especially in the running on the treadmill. Irina tries to encourage her and uses only kind words and praises her for the performance.

- Mascha isn't the only center of Irina's attention at the workout. Oleg breaks down a few times. His hand gets sore while he works out at the rowing maschine. And then he reinjures his leg while hitting the tyre with a hammer. Eight years ago Oleg was in a car accident that left his leg injured and now this old injury is unfortunately reactivated. Oleg limps heavily.

- And this isn't the end yet. Boris also feels pain in the heart area and is taken to the hospital. He is very afraid that some unknown problems with heart might come out. Medics, however, have good news for him and tell that this pain is just a little strain and doesn't have to do with heart in any way. So it's no problem and Boris is evern allowed to come back to the house immediately. However, Boris himself is the problem. He is still afraid to have such pain around the heart and feels some anxiety. And basically decides not to work out for a few days. Which of course may cost him kilos at the weigh-in.

- In the meantime, Denis the trainer continues to pressure on Olesya, whose body is still very lazy and doesn't want to work out actively. He is worried for her, still admits that she tries a little bit harder now.

- This week's challenge is the Biggest Loser classique: swings with thin bars. Each team has a two-edged swing with a thin bar on each edge. The swings will twirl with increasing speed and the contestants must jump over the bars. As soon as they hit the bar with their leg, it breaks. And as soon as both bars are broken, the team is out. The last standing team wins. Only one person from each team will participate. Surprisingly, Yulia doesn't tell what the reward is, and, even more surprisingly, no one asks what it is. Stas, Andrej, Denis, Yurij, Ivan, Mascha and Anna will respectively represent Yellow, Black, Purple, Green, Pink, Aqua and Gray.

- Right from the beginning, Ivan intentionally breaks one of his bars. He decides to do this to have a longer break between the jumps. While others have to jump twice during one swing cycle, he has to jump only once. This may actually work. We'll see. Very soon Mascha, who is still a mess, breaks both bars and Aqua is out. Then Yurij breaks one of the bars. A minute later, Denis stumbles on one bar (of course, breaking it) and falls on the floor. And while he's getting up, the other bar flies to him and breaks almost on his face. Purple is out. Next team out is Black, because clumsy Andrej can't jump quickly. Maria again starts to nag him a little about his loss. A couple of minutes later, Yurij crushes his second bar and Green is also eliminated. That leaves only Pink (with one bar left), Gray and Yellow. Anna tries her hardest, but she is the next one out so Gray won't receive the prize. Now it's between Stas and Ivan, who still jumps only once during a cycle. And this strategy pays off - the increasing speed makes Stas commit a mistake, he breaks one bar and falls, copying Denis's mishap. Soon the other bar flies and breaks on his stomach, and Yellow is out. A beautiful victory for the Pink Team! Ivan and Olesya are delighted but they still don't know what the prize is.

- The prize comes the next day in the form of a mobile phone. Pink Team gets to call home. They also may choose two other people (people, not teams) to call home. Their choice is Lika and Maria who have small children at home. I won't stop at the conversations, you know what the content is ("I miss you so much" etc.).

- With that, it's weigh-in time. No team has any advantages or disadvantages. It's for the first time when pure results will be counted. Irina is very nervous for her three teams, because in each of these teams, one person has a big problem: in Aqua, Mascha can't recover from the terrible home message; in Green, Oleg is double-injured, and in Gray, Boris missed two workouts in the first part of the week. As always, two bottom teams will face elimination and five other teams will have to make a choice. But... There is one more detail. The contestants were surprised that the challenge determined who gets to call home but had nothing to do with the weigh-in. It actually has. The thing is only the weight of those people who DIDN'T participate in the challenge, will be counted. Everyone is totally shocked, and so am I. I thought that such twists should be announced somewhat earlier. Whether everyone is shocked or not, the weigh-in must begin. Yellow Team is first.

(The contestants whose weight is counted are in bold).

YELLOW:
    Stas: 125 - 122 (-3)
    Lika: 109 - 107 (-2).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,83% (not sure where they will end up).

PURPLE:
    Denis: 169 - 165 (-4).
    Svethlana: 104 - 101 (-3). Not bad!
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,88% (they are in the first place right now but not safe of course).

BLACK:
    Andrej: 194 - 191 (-3).
    Maria: 107 - 105 (-2).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,87% (current second place, Purple is safe).

AQUA:
    Mascha: 107 - 106 (-1). Emotional issues still got to her.
    Agatha: 100 - 98 (-3). She is the first person this season to be in the double digits!
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,00% (they are definitely above the yellow line and are safe).

GRAY:
    Anna: 108 - 105 (-3). POWER!!!
    Boris: 133 - 131 (-2). Oh... This looks like to be the two missed workouts.
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,50% (they are at the bottom which makes Black safe).

PINK:
    Ivan: 167 - 163 (-4).
    Olesya: 131 - 128 (-3). Denis the trainer was worried for her, but she did okay.
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,29% (it's ok and they are above the yellow line, so it's now between Yellow and Green).

GREEN:
    Yurij: 152 - 149 (-3).
    Oleg: 121 - 120 (-1).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 0,83% (they are in last place, which means Yellow is safe).

- Oleg is so upset that he almost cries when he gets down from the scale. He apparently feels he's not worth this place. Green faces elimination together with Gray. One of these two teams will be gone in an hour. At the deliberation, Oleg confirms my thoughts by saying because he's injured, and he feels like he doesn't deserve to be here anymore. He and Yurij talked about it and decided that they are the ones that should be sent home tonight, because those who can be here physically (Gray) must stay. However, not everyone shares his thoughts. Yellow and Pink Team, in particular, criticize Boris for his poor perfomance and for the missed workous this week. And Lika can't get how a fitness trainer (Boris works at the gym and can't do half of the things he tells his clients to do) could have let down himself so much. Pink Team has the same opinion. They feel like Boris doesn't need to be here, that he is not intended for this show. Interesting. Let's see how the vote goes.

- At the elimination room. Yellow goes fist and votes for Gray, and Lika openly says that she wants more equal contenders (for her) here, implying that she and Stas are trying to get rid of the biggest threat (Boris is the current Biggest Loser in the whole house). Black decides to vote out Green because Oleg is injured and it will be hard for him to continue. Then Pink votes for Green, saying that they don't think that Boris came to the right place and that this isn't the place for the fitness trainers. Then Aqua votes for Green, because they want fair game and because Oleg asked to send their team home. For now it's a tie and Purple holds the deciding vote. Denis quite harshly says that he didn't hear a lot of motivation from Boris during the deliberation and that he feels like people with such a sport past will do fine at home. Purple votes out Gray, sending them home.

- But... Is this really over for Gray? Just when they are about to leave, Oleg raises his hand. He asks to send his team home because, first, he is injured and can't work out normally, and, second, he misses home. He really asks to send them home. Yurij doesn't seem to mind. Yulia says that this is another unprecedented case in the Russian Biggest Loser history, and, because Oleg himself asks to leave despite the vote, she allows Green to sacrifice themselves. So it's Green Team that is out, not Gray, and Lika looks like she is very pis**d about it. As for Boris and Anna, they just look like they still can't recover for their salvation. Oleg and Yurij say their good-byes and leave the elimination room and the competition.

NEXT WEEK: Lika and Stas openly say that they want to play the game and tried to get rid of Boris and Anna because they were strong competitors. And the remaining 12 contestants divide into Red and Blue Teams!

Gallery Week 4 Part 1

The contestants are anxious to see their letters from home.

Mascha breaking down at the news from home.

Mascha's workout after talk with Irina.

Denis the trainer pushing Olesya heavily.

The premises of the challenge.

Contestants struggling to jump over the bars.

Last two standing: Ivan and Stas.

Ivan winning the competition for the Pink Team.

Gallery Week 4 Part 2

All the teams weigh in.

Gray and Green Teams plead their cases (and Green basicall say they want to go).

Elimination number 4.

Purple's final vote for Gray.

Green Team insists on eliminating them from the competition and keeping Gray here.

And their plea is fulfilled.

+ Reply to Thread