+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Re: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

I'm sorry to read that, Sabur. It is a reminder, though, that excess weight can bring early death through heart failure and stroke.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Russians start to air their third season ("Couples") on February 18th. I still don't know how I will narrate about the season here, because I have now no time to do such detailed recaps as I did for the Ukrainian season. It'll probably be just the key moments from each episode.

The season looks like to be the copy-paste from U.S. season 5. Ten couples, five for each of the two trainers. There is even one pair of strangers. I wonder whether there will be the gameplay walk for the Biggest Losers of the week.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Cast of Russian Season 3 revealed.

These are ten couples that will participate this season. First mentioned member of each couple is the one on the left, the second one is always on the right.

Aqua Team - best friends:
    Agatha Ryzhova, aged 20, starting weight: 114 kg (251 lbs).
    Maria Koltsova, aged 29, starting weight: 118 kg (260 lbs).

Black Team - husband & wife:
    Andrej Sedov, aged 29, starting weight: 212 kg (467 lbs). The heaviest contestant of the season.
    Maria Sedova, aged 26, starting weight: 116 kg (256 lbs).

Brown Team - best friends:
    Alyona Pyzhova, aged 25, starting weight: 134 kg (295 lbs).
    Yulia Seleznyova, aged 30, starting weight: 109 kg (240 lbs). The lightest contestant of the season.

Green Team - brothers:
    Oleg Kovalenko, aged 44, starting weight: 133 kg (293 lbs). The lightest male contestant of the season.
    Yurij Kovalenko, aged 38, starting weight: 164 kg (362 lbs).

Grey Team - strangers:
    Anna Schevchenko, aged 33, starting weight: 121 kg (266 lbs).
    Boris Baburov, aged 28, starting weight: 154 kg (339 lbs).

Maroon Team - father & daughter:
    Dmitrij Grischin, aged 41, starting weight: 152 kg (335 lbs).
    Boris Baburov, aged 28, starting weight: 173 kg (381 lbs). The heaviest female contestant of the season.

Orange Team - best friends:
    Anton Dzhavadyan, aged 28, starting weight: 162 kg (357 lbs).
    Sarkis Minasyan, aged 28, starting weight: 162 kg (357 lbs). Like one friend, like another.

Pink Team - work colleagues:
    Ivan Grischanin, aged 25, starting weight: 181 kg (399 lbs).
    Olesya Propadimova, aged 25, starting weight: 162 kg (315 lbs).

Purple Team - mother & son:
    Denis Panov, aged 18, starting weight: 189 kg (417 lbs). The youngest contestant of the season.
    Svethlana Panova, aged 45, starting weight: 115 kg (254 lbs). The oldest contestant of the season. Yes, that's it: the eldest and the youngest one come from the same team.

Yellow Team - best friends:
    Lika Siroizhko-Aytalieva, aged 26, starting weight: 119 kg (262 lbs).
    Stas Bondarenko, aged 28, starting weight: 138 kg (304 lbs).
    Last edited by Sabur; 02-21-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Russian Season 3 Episode 1 Brief Summary.

- 18 contestants arrive at some enbankment, where Yulia Kovalchuk, the host of the show (for all three seasons) greets them. Right away she surprisingly introduces to the players the tenth team which will consist of two strangers. These two, Boris and Anna, appear out of nowhere and meet each other with a friendly hug.

- Yulia distributes coloured Biggest Loser shirts between the contestants. Boris and Anna receive grey which is the individual color of the previous season winner. The guy named Ivan (see profile) is a little bit shocked getting the pink uniform - of course his teammate Olesya (see profile) isn't.

- To do the first challenge, the contestants have to run across the enbankment, grab the flag either of red or blue color and come back. Red flag denotes that the pair will go to the female trainer Irina (more about her in the upcoming profile about the biographies of the contestants and trainers) and blue flag means that the contestants will join the male trainer Denis (see upcoming profiles as well. In the end, Maroon, Green, Brown, Grey and Aqua Teams join Irina, and Yellow, Pink, Purple, Orange and Black Teams choose Denis. There is no contest between these two big teams of five couples - they just hang out with different trainers.

- The contestants arrive to their Biggest Loser house, which is the new one (so far they've changed the house every season). They occupy the bedrooms and enjoy the life and get to know each other.

- The starting weigh-in comes at the evening of the same day. The contestants learn about their starting weight (see profiles) and share some shocking details of their biography. For example, Yulia from the Brown Team tells that her mother never was around for her and cared only about herself and that she basically grew alone. Her teammate Alyona was a sport girl once but then gave up and ended up at 134 kilos. Boris also was a sport guy and actually owns a gym! And even trains people. With his big good belly. That's crazy. We also learn that Orange Team friends gained their weight because Sarkis works at the barbecue bar and spends all his time near the high-calorie food, and Anton often comes to his place to enjoy some good fat dinner. Then Maria from the Aqua team tells us that her husband calls her "an ugly monster" because of her weight and there is divorce pending. Her teammate Agatha has never been even kissed in 20 years. Then we find out that Svethlana, Purple Team mom, cares a lot about her son Denis, but is ready to give up on his weight completely after long years of struggle if they don't do it here. Finally, Andrej from the Black Team learns that he is the heaviest one in this season and is probably going to die soon if he does nothing. His wife Maria comforts him a lot and tells him "You'll get skinny, don't cry", because Andrej actually cries. Lika from the Yellow Team grimly notes: "Have you ever seen an old fat man? No, you haven't, because fat people don't get old and die early".

- The next day first workout takes place. There is a lot of screaming and crying and everything but no puking. At least we don't see it. Irina is impressed by Katya, the heaviest girl (Maroon Team) in the house who still works out at the same pace as lighter girls do.

- The first big challenge requires players to run across the field, collect pieces of a Biggest Loser logo puzzle and then run back to the start and construct the logo from these pieces. The first team to do it will win immunity at the first weigh-in. The team that finishes last will get 1 kilo of disadvantage at this week's weigh-in. Katya twisted her ankle while she was walking to the challenge spot and is limping right now so her father Dmitrij will have to run for the puzzle pieces twice for her.

- Lightest teams start out faster, with the heaviest guys like Andrej, Denis and Ivan trailing. Dmitrij looks like he's running for his life. He even stumbles and loses some pieces of puzzle on his way back (there are a lot of these pieces, I have to not - the puzzle is quite big). In the end, Yellow Team comes on top, with Lika and Stas both having kids and knowing the puzzle stuff very well. Brown finishes right behind them. Then Grey finishes the task, followed by Orange, Black, Aqua and Maroon. Purple struggles for some time, but then also completes the task at the 8th place. This leaves only Pink and Green. Both teams apparently don't know how to construct the puzzle. They finally finish it almost simultaneously, with Green brothers raising their hands a little bit earlier. Yulia, however, finds that some details in their puzzle aren't quite at their places and checks out the Pink Team's puzzle, which is constructed correctly. Pink takes 9th place and Green Team is the one to receive the disadvantage.

- At the last chance workout (yes, the terminology in the Russian Biggest Loser is the same as in the U.S. version) Irina is again positively surprised by Katya who trains fiercely despite her injury and pushes the Green Team especially hard, trying to squeeze the necessary extra kilo from them.

- The first weigh-in. The rules are standard. Two teams with the lowest percentage of weight loss will fall below the yellow line and other eight teams will have to vote one of these teams out. Let's get to the results:

YELLOW:
    Lika: 119 - 115 (-4).
    Stas: 138 - 134 (-4).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,11% (Immuned, safe from elimination).

ORANGE:
    Anton: 162 - 158 (-4).
    Sarkis: 162 - 155 (-7).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,40% (Naturally not safe yet. Anton is disappointed with -4).

AQUA:
    Agatha: 114 - 109 (-5).
    Maria K.: 118 - 113 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 4,31% (Not safe yet but they probably will be).

PINK:
    Ivan: 181 - 175 (-6).
    Olesya: 143 - 138 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,40% (Not safe yet, have the same percentage as Orange. Aqua is safe).

MAROON:
    Dmitrij: 152 - 147 (-5).
    Katya: 173 - 168 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,08% (They are in last place and think that Katya's injury and Dmitrij's age affected their weight loss).

BLACK:
    Andrej: 212 - 204 (-8).
    Maria S.: 116 - 112 (-4).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,66% (They are safe, but Andrej wanted -9 or -10).

BROWN:
    Alyona: 134 - 130 (-4).
    Yulia: 109 - 105 (-4).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,29% (They are currently at the second-to-last position and are in big danger, however, both Orange and Pink are safe now).

GREY:
    Anna: 121 - 115 (-6).
    Boris: 154 - 147 (-7).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 4,73% (So far they are in the head of the pack and are of course safe, and Boris notes that he thought that they would lose 12 kilos and that he would lose 5 and Anna 7 kilos).

PURPLE:
    Denis: 189 - 182 (-7).
    Svethlana: 115 - 110 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,95% (This puts them in third position and they are quite safe from elimination).

GREEN:
    Oleg: 133 - 126 (-7).
    Yurij: 164 - 159 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,70% (Even with 1 kilo of disadvantage, it's enough for them to occupy the fourth position on the board and Oleg is the Biggest Loser of Week 1 - his individual weight loss percentage is 5,26%).

So Brown and Maroon fall below the yellow line and one of these two teams will be gone by the end of the night.

- Both teams plead their cases. The biggest effort comes from both Brown girls who say they want to get pregnant and from Dmitrij who basically asks for his daughter. Katya talks about her photography hobby and says that it's quite hard for her to do this hobby with her weight. Some of the other contestants apparently don't think that this is the good reason to stay here but Katya has no other idea as for her motivation. Aqua and Green are especially sceptical about her case. On the other hand, some people don't think that at 106 kilos Yulia can't get pregnant or lose some more weight to do it.

- The elimination process turns out to be quite close as Yellow, Grey and Purple voting for Alyona and Yulia to go home (because they believe in Katya and think that she really needs to stay), and Aqua, Green and Pink write down Katya's and Dmitrij's name (because they feel like Katya doesn't appreciate the opportunity very much). Each of the two losing teams has three votes. It takes five to be eliminated without a tie. Black reveals their vote, which is the fourth one for Alyona and Yulia. This leaves Orange with the deciding vote. After a little commerical break, they also vote for Alyona and Yulia, telling Katya that she has the second chance now and has to appreciate it.

- Dmitrij thanks that the majority of the teams supported his daughter and Brown Team is eliminated from the competition. They are upset but plan to keep fighting. In the short video about their life after the show we get to see that Alyona is still quite big and Yulia doesn't look like she's changed a lot as well. But, we don't get to know their current weight and also don't know when the filming took place. Maybe it was just one week from their elimination. Maybe there will be comebacks this season. No one know. We'll see.

- The next episode will be aired on Saturday, February 25th. In Survivor style, who will be voted out next?

P.S. Screenshots from the episode will be added later, in the separate post. And there is a mistake in Olesya's profile - her starting weight is 143 kilos, not 162.
    Last edited by Sabur; 02-21-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Gallery Week 1 Part 1

Here a few photos that depict key moments from the first episode.

The contestants right before the start of the season. Still without Boris and Anna who'll join later.

Black, Pink, Purple, Yellow and Orange team will train with Denis Semenikhin, the male trainer (in the middle) of the Russian series.

Grey, Aqua, Brown, Maroon and Green team will train with Irina Turchinskaya (in the middle; she is the widow of famous Russian athlete and "Gladiator" Vladimir Turchinskiy, who was known as "Dynamite" - you might know him), the female trainer of the Russian series.

The teams have chosen their trainers (blue is the traditional color of Denis and red is the one of Irina. The lady in red to the right of the picture is the host of the show, Yulia Kovalchuk.

Here she is (I mean Yulia).

The contestants arrive to the house.

The contestants listen to the rules of the first challenge.

The contestansts run for the pieces of the puzzle.

Yellow team wins and gets the immunity.

Green team after losing the challenge.

First last chance workout.

Gallery Week 1 Part 2

Yellow, Orange, Aqua and Pink Team weigh-in.

Maroon, Black, Brown and Grey Team weigh-in.

Purple and Green Team weigh-in.

Final results. Orientate at the coloured squares.

Maroon and Brown Team plead their cases.

The start of the first elimination. Russians have individual fridges, like in the U.S. version.

Orange casting the deciding vote for Alyona and Yulia, sending them home.

The contestants saying good-bye to the Brown Team.

Russian Season 3 Episode 2 Brief Summary.

- Week 2 starts with Dmitriy and Svethlana meeting secretly in the house and talking about their children and team partners. The problem is neither Katya nor Denis are committed, and it already almost cost Katya and Dmitriy their place in the show. So the parents agree on watching and motivating their offsprings. We also get to see Katya and Denis during workouts and you can say that they don't like it. Their faces clearly say that. Denis is also turning his face away from the food that he should eat here. He misses candy bars.

- The next morning, an ambulance comes to the house. It turns out that Denis is feeling sick. He feels like his face is burning and crampy, but the most scary thing is that his heart beats somehow faster. Svethlana is f***king out inside because she has a history of heart stroke death in her family and of course doesn't want her son to suddenly pass away like that. The doctors, however, calm Purple Team down by saying that Denis's body is just getting used to the new schedule and these are normal sympthoms of it. They allow Denis to train and participate in challenges. Both mother and son are very relieved.

- Later in the day all the contestants are taken to the local morgue. The Russian Dr. Huizenga meets them there, standing beside the body of some fat man covered with a sheet. He tells them that this man died because of obesity and informs the contestants about what exactly happens to the bodies of the fat people that leads to death. He then adresses (again, as if they didn't suffer enough this day) Denis and Svethlana and basically tells them that they are going to die if they don't change something. He asks Svethlana whether she has ever considered the possibility that her son may die sooner than her. Svethlana says grimly that she did sometimes.

- Upon returning to the house, the contestants meet with their Biggest Loser psychologist. He starts talking about their inner unconscious resistance to losing weight and (again, is he the only contestant of the show this season?) assumes that Denis's temperature and quick heart rate earlier this morning were just an excuse for not getting up and going to the gym. Denis tells us in the confessional that he was irritated by these words. After the inner barriers, the psychologist comes to the topic of being either winner or victim. Winners never blame others and are always ready to overcome obstacles, he says. All the contestants have to learn to be the winners, not the victims. And to begin, he asks every of the 18 remaining contestants to swear officially that they will lose weight. Almost everyone is inspired by the idea and swears, however, Oleg from the Green Team says that he can't predict everything in life and why should he swear if he doesn't know what tomorrow brings. He asks "What if I swear today and will go home at the end of this week?" The psychologist tells him that not the Biggest Loser, but his whole life is his (Oleg's) main show. In the end, Oleg agrees to swear as well.

- The main challenge of the week requires players to run across the construction site, grab sacks and fill in the coloured grid of each team at the start point of the challenge. Each grid has 9 empty cells. As soon as all of them are filled with sacks, the team is out of the challenge. The last standing team wins immunity at the next weigh-in. Only one person from each time can run for the sacks at a time. As soon as the challenge starts, the majority of the teams queue up on Aqua and Black. To their opinion, these teams are the strongest one so they don't need immunity (translation: they want to get rid of them as soon as possible). So both Aqua and Black grids are filled completely soon enough and they are out. A couple of minutes later, the most teams take the Green Team out in the same manner. Then Orange starts to stack sacks into the Yellow Team's stand. Yellow guys are quite surprised with this attack and don't hesitate to react. At the same time, Pink and Maroon teams decide to take out Grey. In this mess, Purple still stand with no sacks at all in their grid, but of course, they carry sacks as well and quietly toss them to the different team's cells. In a few minutes, Pink and Maroon finish up Grey and Orange take out Yellow but has already four or five sacks in their grid. Maroon is the next team to be eliminated from the challenge. Purple finally gets a couple of sacks in their grid but it looks like they have a big advantage over Pink and Orange. Pink and Purple try to work together to eliminate Orange, but the Armenian guys quickly blast the last sack into the Pink Team's grid and they are out. However, by this moment Orange already has 8 sacks and Svethlana, going on a pretty fast run, throws triumphally the last sack into the Orange's grid, taking them out of the challenge. Purple Team wins with 4 still empty cells and will be immuned at the next weigh-in.

- At the last chance workout, Irina is concerned with Katya. She still doesn't show a lot of dedication. This concerns not only the trainer, but Katya's peers in the house as well. Irina asks Dmitriy to train Katya and to show during this workout some fatherly love to her. We learn that there are a lot of unsolved issues between the father and the daughter so this workout may be the way to reunite them as the members of one family. Dmitriy works Katya out, constantly being beside her and encouraging her, and Katya actually performs better, which satisfies everybody very much. Katya herself feels emotionally better.

- The second weigh-in. The rules are the same. Two teams with the lowest percentage of weight loss will fall below the yellow line and other seven teams will have to vote one of these teams out. Here are the results:

PURPLE:
    Svethlana: 110 - 106 (-4).
    Denis: 182 - 174 (-8). Holy cow! He lost more than in week 1! How this could happen? And, honestly, I think it's a little bit stupid move from the tactical point of view to lose so much weight with the immunity.
    Total percentage of weight loss: 4,11% (Immuned, safe from elimination).

YELLOW:
    Stas: 134 - 128 (-6).
    Lika: 115 - 112 (-3). She thinks it's very little and feels that she let Stas down.
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,61% (not safe yet naturally, we'll have to wait and see).

PINK:
    Olesya: 138 - 134 (-4).
    Ivan: 175 - 170 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,88% (they are lower than the Yellow Team and are in danger of falling below).

AQUA:
    Maria K.: 113 - 110 (-3).
    Agatha: 109 - 103 (-6). WOW!
    Total percentage of weight loss: 4,05% (they are safe but Maria is very disappointed with her -3; Agatha is radiant od course).

ORANGE:
    Anton: 158 - 152 (-6).
    Sarkis: 155 - 150 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,51% (this time Anton blew up the scale after he was the Smallest Loser in week 1 among all 20 contestants, however, they are not safe yet, and Yellow will definitely be above the yellow line).

GREY:
    Boris: 147 - 138 (-9). How is this possible in week 2?! Did week 1 last less than seven days?
    Anna: 115 - 110 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 5,34% (they are in first place and of course safe than anyone).

MAROON:
    Dmitriy: 147 - 143 (-4).
    Katya: 168 - 164 (-4).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,54% (another mediorce percentage and they are in big danger, and Orange is safe).

GREEN:
    Oleg: 126 - 122 (-4).
    Yurij: 159 - 154 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 3,16% (it's enough to be safe, and Maroon falls below the yellow line for the second time in a row and will be there either with Pink or with Black).

BLACK:
    Maria S.: 112 - 109 (-3).
    Andrej: 204 - 198 (-6).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,85% (it's 0,03% less than the Pink Team's percentage and they fall below the yellow line together with Katya and Dmitriy).

- Grey team wins the weigh-in and Boris is the Biggest Loser for week 2, while Katya is the Smallest Loser.

- Maroon and Black plead their cases, but Dmitriy can't be dishonest with others and blatantly tells them that he asked Katya whether she wants to be here and she answered that she doesn't. A few people ask Katya directly whether this is true and Katya really acts like she doesn't know why she should be here. As for me, she is still a little girl who didn't grow up and doesn't understand the whole seriousness of her health situation. A few people start regret about voting the Brown Team off. However, a few contestants look like they want to give Katya the third chance. Ivan from the Pink Team, for example, believes that Dmitriy will still put Katya's head in the right place. Black guys don't talk much. They want to be here and they need to be here because Andrej is the heaviest contestant and just got under 200 kilos.

- The elimination starts (surprisingly and shockingly for me) with Orange and Grey casting their votes against Andrej and Maria, and Anna (Grey Team) says that they just chose the Black Team to be voted out because if Maroon goes home today, then Irina's squad will be down to just three teams (Grey, Aqua and Green) while Denis-Trainer's squad will still consist of five teams. Then, however, Green, Yellow and Pink Team all vote for Katya and Dmitriy to go home because it's not right to keep here the person who doesn't really care (meaning Katya obviously). And then Aqua seals the fate of Maroon by voting for them as well, for pretty much the same reasons - the lack of commitment from Katya. The Purple Team's vote doesn't already matter, however, in Russian version everybody has to reveal their vote even if the outcome is already known. Even though Maroon and Purple are the only parent-child teams in the house, Purple still votes for Maroon as well because they think it's not fair giving somebody the third chance and not giving a single chance to somebody other.

- So Dmitriy and Katya are no longer the part of the game. They wish everyone good luck and ask them to keep fighting and change their lives. They hug with everyone and leave the room with sad smile on their faces. When we catch up with them some time after they were eliminated, they look like they lost a little bit of weight (especially Dmitriy), but it's not overwhelming. They do a lot of activity together now: they work out together and they eat healthy food together.

- 16 contestants are left. Which team will go next time?
    Last edited by Sabur; 02-25-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Gallery Week 2 Part 1

Dmitriy and Svethlana sharing concerns about their children's commitment to the workouts and diet.

Denis feeling sick.

The contestants arrive to the morgue. Behind the doctor there is a dead man's body.

The contestants listen to the psychologist.

Oleg swearing sceptically to lose weight.

The start of the challenge.

The players running for the first sacks.

Svethlana winning the challenge for the Purple Team.

Irina's teams' last-chance workout at the playground.

Dmitriy cheering Katya up during the last-chance workout.

Denis's teams' last-chance workout at the gym.

Gallery Week 2 Part 2

Purple Team weighs in.

Yellow, Pink, Aqua and Orange Team weigh-in.

Grey, Maroon, Green and Black Team weigh-in.

The results, with Black and Maroon falling below.

Dmitriy & Katya and Andrej & Maria at the deliberation.

Teams coming at the elimination room.

Aqua Team casting the final vote for Katya and Dmitriy, eliminating them.

Saying good-bye to the Maroon Team.

And their fridge goes off.

Russian Season 3 Episode 3 Brief Summary.

- The week starts with Anton and Sarkis (a.k.a. Orange Team) sitting in their room and discussing how strongly they miss their families. Sarkis is particularly upset. At the following workout, their trainer Denis notices that Sarkis isn't focused in any way. This bothers him. Another bothering object is Olesya from the Pink Team. The problem with her is that she's an anti-sport person. She can do pretty much nothing at all the workouts, and Denis struggles a lot with her.

- Irina, the other trainer, has already lost two of her teams and now is double focused on her remaining three duos (Gray, Green and Aqua) to make sure they don't fall below the yellow line this week.

- All the contestants arrive to the supermarket where the Biggest Loser dietician gives them an assignment: to buy the ingredients for a few low-calorie entrees and salads. Quite a few of the contestants buy a way too high-calorie ingredients and have some remorse about this later, when the dietician tells them how to cook these entrees/salads with minimal calorie count.

- For the main challenge of the week, the contestants arrive at some airport. Their task is the copy of the challenge from U.S. Season 5 Week 1: they have to drag huge and heavy baloons behind themselves to the watchtower in the front, then turn back and carry them to the start line. The team that comes in first wins and gets immunity. The team that finishes last gets a penalty in the form of 1 kilo of disadvantage. The race starts and pretty quickly divides into three groups: the front one consists of Green, Aqua and Yellow, with Green having slight advantage over other two teams; the middle one that includes Orange and Pink; and the trailing one which surprisingly consists of Gray and, not so surprisingly, of Purple and Black, with Black starting dead last. Black is very unlucky as they are forced to stop at the watchtower - their baloon hits it and is stuck there. Gray makes a comeback in the second part of the race and manages to pass Pink and Orange. Green Team, which is in the head of the pack, starts to run and leaves no chances for other teams. No surprise - two tall and strong man win the challenge hands down and get immunity. They say they didn't want to give it to the Yellow Team which already had immunity. Yellow finishes second, followed by Aqua. And then Gray finish at the fourth position. Then Orange and Pink arrive. So now it's between Purple and Black for the +1 at the weigh-in. Purple move steadily slow, but they at least move and don't argue. At the Black Team, Maria starts to f***k about coming last and urges Andrej to run, but Andrej just can't run, he's a way too heavy and repeats to her a lot of times: "I can't!" Maria is extremely upset but she can do nothing. While they argue and Maria screams at Andrej, Purple finishes seventh. Black is last and will get 1 kilo of disadvantage at this week's weigh-in.

- At the last-chance workout, Andrej is bummed. He is so ashamed of himself letting his team down at the challenge, that he can't even workout normally. Every exercise he does, he is the slowest. Denis the trainer decides to talk to him and somehow get his morale up. They talk about Andrej's motivation for being here which is his wife and kids. I won't go into details - you all know these stories very well. Denis urges Andrej to get himself in shape because only an in-shape-father can really take good care of his children. Andrej is motivated by the workout and talk with Denis and keeps it up. Nevertheless he is still worried about his team's disadvantage at the weigh-in.

- The day of the weigh-in comes. Yulia (the host, in case your forgot) cites the regular phrases about two teams falling below the yellow line today and one going home and then proceeds to announce once more oficially that the Black Team has a disadvantage. However, at this moment Svethlana and Denis the contestant raise their hands. It turns out that Purple want to take the disadvantage from Black to support them because they think Andrej really needs to be here (oh yes, and Denis looks like he doesn't with his 170). Yulia definitely wasn't expecting this so she doesn't even know how to react. Andrej doesn't know either. He feels very contradictive. On the one hand, he wants to accept this gift from Purple because he feels like he didn't lose a lot this week. On the other hand, he can't afford them making such a sacrifice for him. In the end, Yulia asks Andrej whether he will accept the Purple's offer (with Svethlana asking him to accept it at the same time) and he agrees. The deal is done and the whole house makes a loud applause of respect for Purples. I also may suggest that while it indeed could have been a kind and noble deed, it may also has been the strategy, because Purple now have the respect from all the teams here and they definitely have the support of the Black Team at the elimination if they fall below the yellow line. Well, whatever, but Purple now has 1 kilo of disadvantage and for Black it's now fair play. Green Team is asked to climb on the scale to start the weigh-in, because they have immunity.

GREEN:
    Oleg: 122 - 121 (-1).
    Yurij: 154 - 153 (-2). How little! Surprise surprise!
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,09% (immuned, safe from elimination).

PURPLE:
    Svethlana: 106 - 104 (-2).
    Denis: 174 - 169 (-5).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,14% with the detraction of 1 kilo (not safe, I'm not sure whether they will be).

GRAY:
    Anna: 110 - 108 (-2).
    Boris: 138 - 133 (-5). Wow! Second great number in a row!
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,82% (not safe yet, but close to it).

AQUA:
    Agatha: 103 - 100 (-3). Another great weight loss. This girl rocks.
    Maria K: 110 - 107 (-3).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,82% (exactly the same as Gray).

YELLOW:
    Lika: 112 - 109 (-3). She is very happy.
    Stas: 128 - 125 (-3).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 2,50% (they are ahead of Purple, but behind Gray and Aqua, both of which are now safe).

ORANGE:
    Anton: 152 - 151 (-1).
    Sarkis: 150 - 148 (-2).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 0,99% (oh, man, this is very low, they are going to be below; Yellow is safe now).

PINK:
    Ivan: 170 - 167 (-3).
    Olesya: 134 - 131 (-3).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,97% (not too great, and they are second to last right now; Purple is safe so their sacrifice didn't cost them the place at the show).

BLACK:
    Andrej: 198 - 194 (-4).
    Olesya: 109 - 107 (-2).
    Total percentage of weight loss: 1,95% (they are 0,02% behind Pink and still fall below the yellow line despite Purple's sacrifice).

- Boris is the Biggest Loser for the second week in a row. And now six teams will have to decide between Orange and Black (with Black below the yellow line for the second time).

- During the deliberation there is basically a dilemma. Black fell below for the second time, but they both try hard and really want this, but the numbers aren't coming. Orange, on the other hand, fell below for the first time, but the guys, Sarkis particularly, aren't very committed, and Sarkis misses home. A few people suggest that he lets Anton down (well, Sarkis lost 2 this time and Anton lost 1 - who lets down who?); on the other hand, some other contestant think that everybody has to have the second chance and Black already had it.

- At the elimination room, Purple vote first for Orange, thinking again that Sarkis lets Anton down and because one person in their team doesn't give it a 100%, the team doesn't deserve to stay here (and f*** their words about everyone must have the second chance at the previous week's elimination; if they would have really preached the rule of the second chance, they would have voted Black out; but, come on, it's just either Black are their friends or they are playing the game, which I personally think is the case - they keep here the team that will definitely support them in the difficult situation because they basically owe them). Green, on the other hand, decide to give one more chance to Orange and votes for Black to be eliminated, because Andrej's words and behavior didn't persuade them this time. Yellow say that the hours spent in the gym are equal to the desire of reaching your goal so they vote for Orange (Sarkis didn't work out a lot this week). Gray vote for Orange as well, on the basis who needs it more (Andrej is the heaviest contestant). Aqua cry a little bit and say that everyone must have a chance to correct his mistakes, so they give this chance to Sarkis and vote for Orange. Pink holds the deciding vote now (it's either a tie or Orange is out). Ivan says that he just couldn't decide between the two teams so he tossed a coin. And the coin told him to vote for Orange. Anton and Sarkis have four votes now which is more than a half and so it's enough for them to be eliminated. They thank everybody for sharing this journey with them and thank the show itself because it definitely has changed their mind in some way.

- When we catch with Orange some time later, I feel like Sarkis didn't lose a single kilo. Anton does look a little bit smaller and he changed his hairstyle. I don't believe in them very much, but at the same time, I don't know when how much time passed since their elimination and I know for sure that this season they will be bringing back eliminated contestants. So maybe we don't know exactly how fast the eliminated contestant lose their kilos.

+ Reply to Thread