+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Re: The Biggest Loser Ukrainian transformations

Week 14 recap: "The Next Generation". Part 2 of 4.

Some time later, all seven new teams (that have colors that correspond to the individual colors of adult contestants) gather at some elite school stadium. Yana proceeds to explain the rules of the week. There are a lot of details but Iíll try to describe. So, at the end of the week little contestants will weigh-in together with adult ones. The kid who loses most weight percentagewise will win 2 kilos of advantage for his or her adult partner. Of course everyone wants to get it. Roman is afraid that after a few good weeks he will have a low number. And Alyona is terrified to get under the yellow line for the second time in a row.
    This is not all. Later the adult ones will weigh-in and the contestant with the highest individual percentage will win a trip to some elite childrenís camp in the Western Ukraine for his little trainee. So the efforts will be mutual. There is one more detail about the weigh-in that doesnít have to do with this week. The Biggest Loser of the week will also have some unknown power for week 15.
    And right now all seven teams (Iíll refer to them by colors and not by names to make things simpler) will complete three mini-challenges which are basically three exercises: shuttle run, pair sit-ups and 450m run. The team that will have the fastest total time in these exercises will win a 1 kilo of advantage for the adult contestant at this weekís weigh-in. And the team with the slowest will get 1 kilo of disadvantage for the adult contestant.

Teams before the start of the exercises set.

Shuttle run is first. The contestants have to carry six tokens across the field. They can carry only one token at a time. After they bring the token across, they must run back and tag their partner. They will take turns. So both adult and child will have to do 3 runs each.
    On your mark! Get set! Go! There are a few leaders from the very start: lime and blue are ahead, followed closely by red. In purple team, Sonya volunteers to run first while in all other teams adult start the race so she looks quite comically with this background. Still she completes the first run faster than orange (because they have Arkadij who is the biggest one here). Itís quite a close race and in the end lime still comes first, closely ahead of blue. Then red and pink follow. Green is fifth. It comes down to purple and orange and Alyona still gets to finish line right in front of Lyonya. So orange has the slowest time so far. Lime is the current leader.

Start!

And finish, with lime coming in first place.

Now itís time for sit-ups. All teams have to do 40 pair sit-ups. A sit-up counts when both members of the team get up and clap with hands. The exercise goes off and again lime and blue are clearly in front. Vova-Junior is the lightest one from the boys and Genya is the strongest physically. By the 30th sit-up both teams start to struggle very much. All other teams struggle already after the 10th one and, to tell the truth, I wouldnít call a lot of their tries ďsit-upsĒ. ItísÖ something with a lot of superfluous moves.
    Finally, blue wins it. Lime and red finish just right after, and in a half of a minute pink also completes the exercise. Green, purple and orange are again the last three, and finish in the very same order one by one. It looks like Arkadij and Lyonya go down while blue and lime will battle it out for the main prize.

Start of the sit-up exercise.

Vladimir and Junior doing the last push-up and winning it.

Orange coming in last place. They have the biggest BMIs, what can you do?

And now itís time for the ultimate exercise: 400m. Rules are simple: the team finishes with its last member. Yana whistles and the run is on. Blue goes in front right away while lime stays almost in the end. Vova explains that his team decided to save their energy for the last part of the race and for now theyíre going to stay behind. Right now, they are 6th and are ahead of only and orange. Orange is dead last.
    As the finish come closer, lime starts to take over other teams. They take over pink, green and purple and soon have only red and blue in front of them. AndÖ donít have time to catch up. Theyíve waited for too long. Blue is first and probably is going to win this challenge. Red comes second and lime is third. Then we see Alyona taking away from Sonya and sprinting to the finish line. As she crosses the line, she cheers Sonya on while other teams look at this action wide-eyed. Tatyana is shocked at Alyona leaving ďherĒ child behind. She says that itís a moral obligation for every team to finish together and Alyona doesnít care about it at all. Alyona realizes that she is wrong and runs back to finish it together with Sonya. They still come to the finish faster than the remaining teams so purple is 4th. Alyona says that she doesnít have kids so she doesnít know how to behave with them. Come onÖ Tatyana, Vova and Roman donít have family either but they run together with their trainees.
    Green finishes next, followed by pink. Orange is last again and itís already clear that they have the slowest total time and Arkadij will get +1 at this weekís weigh-in.

Lime taking over other teams.

Blue winning the race.

Alyona leaving her little partner behind and cheering her on to the finish.

Letís get to the total results, starting from the last to first.
    7. Orange (Arkadij & Lyonya) Ė 7:39
    6. Green (Roman & Veronica) Ė 5:41
    5. Pink (Tatyana & Lera) Ė 5:35
    4. Purple (Alyona & Sonya) Ė 5:32
    3. Lime (Vova & Genya) Ė 4:57
    2. Red (Olga & Polina) Ė 4:42
    1. Blue (Vladimir & Vova-Junior) Ė 4:20

Yana doing the calculation.

So blue wins and Vladimir will get 1 kilo of advantage at this weekís weigh-in. This in turn may also help Junior himself because itís one step closer to him going to camp.

Iíll tell you about the main challenge of the week in the third part of the recap.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Week 14 recap: "The Next Generation". Part 3 of 4.

In the next, I have to note, very stormy and rainy morning contestants and children arrive to the beach. They are not very happy with having to complete the challenge under such conditions. They all have nice umbrellas with them. Yana, with an umbrella too, proceeds to explain, in her own words, ďthe mechanics of the challengeĒ (wow, what a vocabulary). There is a pile of little sacks in the middle of the playing field and two circles of poles (painted in teamsí colors), to which some elastic ropes are attached. Children, attached via this rope to the poles in the inner circle, will have to grab the sacks from the pile and pass them to their adult partners who will be attached to the poles in the outer circle. As soon as the adult grabs the sack, the team scores a point. The challenge will last until all sacks are taken from the pile. The team with the most sacks will win a 1 kilo of advantage for the adult contestant. Respectively, the team with the lowest score will get 1 kilo of disadvantage for the adult. The main difficulty of the challenge are of course elastic ropes which a way too short to allow the contestants to grab the sacks freely and to pass them. So everyone will have to reach forward really hard. Tatyana realizes that she is in trouble here because he is almost of the same size as her trainee Lera and they will have a lot of difficulties reaching to one another. Vladimir and Vova plan to win. Roman says itís okay for his team but the weather and the wind will hurdle them. And the rain, he adds then. And the sacks. And the poles. And the ropes. And the challenge. And this day.

The site of the challenge.

Bang! All teams start to dig really hard. At first they all struggle and canít figure the right strategy. Orange is the first one to get the right tactics (which is logical because they are the heaviest and in this challenge weight is actually the advantage). Soon blue, lime, red and green get it as well and start to collect bags. Blue and green seemingly move faster than other teams. The teams that are dead behind everyone are pink and purple. Tatyana and Lera are both so short that they canít even come closer to each other. Alyona and Sonya have the same trouble, although Alyona is quite tall. But something goes wrong again and again. They still have no bags while blue and lime have over 10 already. Again, Vova-Junior is the lightest boy and Genya is quite strong so they have less troubles than others do. Veronica f***ks out a lot but also transports the sacks systematically to Roman. Polina is also very active in collecting the sacks with Olga. Arkadij and Lyonya move steadily.

Arkadij and Lyonya during the game.

Roman and Veronica struggling to pass the sacks.

Tatyana can't reach to grab the sack from Lera.

Alyona trying to go further and take the sack but in vain.

At some points the sacks are over as Vova-Junior grabs the last one and hands it to Vladimir. Pink and purple are still at zero, so between these two, the team that scores its first and last point earlier, wonít get the disadvantage. There is a lot of eehhhhing and oohhhhing and in the end, Lera still manages to pass that sack to Tatyana who grabs it wildly and drops exhausted on sand. This means Alyona ends up with 1 kilo of disadvantage which gets her quite on edge inside. Sonya is very disappointed in herself for not being able to hand a single sack but Alyona and other kids try to comfort her. Alyona blames mostly herself and vows to void the disadvantage by hard work.
    Yana proceeds to the calculation. We already know that purple got 0 and pink got 1. Then blue has 18. Solid. Red has 15 which is excellent but isnít the best performance. Orange has 11 which is cool, first of all, for Lyonya. This time he and Arkadij didnít let each other down. Green has 8. Well, they struggled a bit. So itís between blue and lime again. Yana and Vova together count the sacks in the lime teamís stash and there are 17 of them! They missed by one sack! And, together with Junior, Vladimir wins another bonus kilo for himself.

Vladimir celebrating the victory.

So, letís get it clear with all advantages and disadvantages for now. Arkadij got +2, Alyona got +1 and Vladimir got -2. Other contestants will have their pure weight loss counted. For now.

Back at the ranch, contestants and kids have their regular workouts with trainers. During the workout Arkadij asks Slavik to bring here the parents of Lyonya and Genya because he wants to talk to them and to ask them to watch the diet of their children. Out of all parents, only granny arrives. Arkadij sits with her and with both brothers on the bench and shares his story about how he got to 235 kilos. He warns them that if they keep the same lifestyle, they will also end up at 200+. Granny doesnít say anything but just looks at Arkadij in shock probably fainting in her head at thought that her boys are going to be of this size if they donít stop drink Cola. Arkadij implores them not to eat junk food and turn to healthy stuff instead. He hopes that he got through, first of all, to the granny, which I doubt, because I see a diet magazine in her hands during this monologue which makes me think this all was for product placement. I hope it wasnít.
    Roman also wants to do some teaching talk to Veronica. He asks her to tell him about her main health issues and, based on that, works out (I think of course with the help of Slavik) the exercise and nutrition program for her. Nice move, man. And this time I donít see any magazines in the focus of the camera.

Letís get to the weigh-in, still in this part of the recap. Because this time it will consist of two parts. First, all kids will weigh-in and the highest one will win 2 kilos of advantage for his adult supervisor. Sonya is up first.

Sonya (purple): 52 Ė 50 (-2) Ė 3,85%. Not bad, especially for her size.
    Polina (red): 61 Ė 59 (-2) Ė 3,28%. No win for her.
    Vova-Junior (blue): 71 Ė 69 (-2) Ė 2,82%. For now, itís last place.
    Veronica (green): 75 Ė 72 (-3) Ė 4,00%. Sheís the new leader.
    Lera (pink): 73 Ė 70 (-3) Ė 4,11%. And again the change of the hot seat.
    Genya (lime): 96 Ė 92 (-4) Ė 4,16%. Wow! Now itís between him and his younger brother.
    Lyonya (orange): 91 Ė 87 (-4) Ė 4,40%. Yes! Thatís it! He wins it for Arkadij!

Arkadij wins 2 bonus kilos and thus voids his disadvantage. In fact, now he even has 1 kilo of advantage. Now, letís see whether he will use it to thank to his little partner with a trip to the childrenís camp. Because the weigh-in continues!

I would also note that while Polina weighed in, she said in the interview that her first goal was to be ahead of Vova-Junior. And here goes the thing that I donít like very much. The child wants mostly to beat someone special. And now remember who Juniorís and Polinaís tutors are. Vladimir and Olga, right. These words of Polina make me think that Olga canít resist her temptation to take Vladimir down and to revenge him for the past even while working with Polina and teaches her the same things. I donít like that. She gets really crazy with all this gameplay.
    I'm the kindest person in the world, and if there appears someone who is kinder than me, then I will kill this person and will again be the kindest person in the world.

Week 14 recap: "The Next Generation". Part 4 of 4.

The weigh-in continues for the adults with the standard rules. Two people with the lowest percentage of weight loss will fall below the yellow line and others will have to vote to send one of them home.

Vladimir kicks off the process. He steps on the scales and quicklyÖ loses nothing, remaining on 107 kilos. Slavik is very unhappy and says that he clearly saw Vladimir not giving it 100% at the workouts because he knew he had 2 kilos of advantage. The clear percentage is 0%, but with the advantage, Vladimir has 1,87%. Iím not sure whether itíll be enough. He should have at least tried for the kid and his holiday in the Western Ukraine (although Junior has already been in Paris after being a runner-up at MC so I think this childrenís camp isnít such a big surprise for him).
    Next up is Tatyana. She is afraid that after -4 she may end up with a low number and she does. She goes down from 86 to 85, for the loss of 1 kilo. She ironically smiles and whispers ďWonderfulĒ. Her percentage is 1,16% and she is below Vladimir.
    Roman steps on the scale. The look on his face tells me that he expects something bad and the scales confirm his suspicions by showing another zero. Roman is still 103 kilos. He nods his head and says that he expected it after a few really good weeks and this one in which he was focused on his trainee. His percentage is 0%, of course. Vladimir is safe.
    Alyona is the next to weigh-in. As she melancholically looks on the scale, they bring her down from 96 to 93, for the loss of 3 kilos. This is exactly what she needed, because even with the disadvantage, her individual percentage is 2,08% (pure one is 3,13%). She is above Vladimir, is safe, and is in the lead of the pack, having a chance to win the ticket to the camp for Sonya. Alyona, though, doesnít celebrate it. She just sighs and goes down, joining Marina and other girls. Arkadij presumes that this is because she misses Dmitriy and Lena, who were her two best friends here and both went home a week ago, leaving her with Olga and Tatyana who constantly criticize and insult her.

Olga is up next. Shockingly for her, she goes down from 91 to 90, losing only 1 kilo. Because she hasnít got any bonuses, her percentage is 1,10% and she gets below Tatyana. The latter is safe and Olga is dangerously close to the yellow line together with Roman.
    Itís Arkadijís turn and the orange giant loses 4 kilos, going down from 158 to 154! And with the newly formed advantage, itís -5! With this, his percentage is 3,16%, so he takes over Alyona and is in the first place right now. Roman is the first one to go below the yellow line. Either Olga or Vova will end up there with him.

Vova climbs on the scale. Will he win the trip to the camp for this little trainee? I think no, because his current weight stops at where it was before Ė at 99 kilos, handing Vova a zero. Itís the third zero in the former M-Team. Olga sighs with a relief because she is safe and Vova is below the yellow line together with his best friend.

So Arkadij wins the weigh-in (although Alyona is the pure Biggest Loser of the week, her disadvantage dragged her down to the second place) and earns the prize for Lyonya. You see, they did a mutual service! I have to say that Arkadij was very nice with his boy during the whole week Ė it can be seen easily that he is a good father and knows very well how to communicate with children. He also will get some special power in the next week about which we'll learn in the next episode.

But now itís time to say goodbye to the little contestants. Week 14 is almost over so they have to go back home. There is some hearty and a little bit teary good-byes (I wonít go in details to tell who hugged who) and the kids leave. But I think weíll definitely see them at the Finale and know how they did during the autumn Ė in past seasons there were these children weeks as well and they (I mean, the cast) always invited kids to the Finale.

And now comes the saddest part. Vova and Roman go to plead their cases. Vova is really optimistic and isnít very frustrated. He says that in the beginning his best case scenario was to lose about 30 kilos. And now heís already lost 42 of them. To come to the ideal shape, he needs to lose about 15 or 20 kilos so he is quite ready to go home and openly says about it. One more pleasant detail is that he gave up smoking while being at the ranch.
    Roman isnít teary as well. He honestly says that he isnít going to tell that he is miserable and wants to lose more weight during the remaining three weeks to have a family/a partner. No. Heís only 21 years old and doesnít plan to start a family soon. He wants to the Finale. He wants to be the role model for his younger sister. Here Tatyana asks ďAnd for your father as well?Ē And here Roman suddenly breaks down and utters a few N-words one after another. And starts to cry. And then follows another personal story that I wouldnít like to describe here. I will just say that it has to do with the home violence in Romanís family. The main point of the situation is Roman opened up about his personal issues in the family for the first time.

Vova and Roman pleading their cases.

Hearing what these two said and remembering about the spoiler with platforms, Iím pretty sure about who will go this time, but letís see. The first person to receive three votes will be eliminated from the game.

In the elimination room.

Alyona is the first to vote and says that Vova looked more confident during the deliberation than Roman so the latter needs to be here more. She votes for Vova.
    Olga says some formal kind words about both of the guys and votes for Vova. In the interview she, of course, remembers about how Vova put a lot of bags in her wheelbarrow in week 12 and called her with a N-word. I never doubted in her. You better not be enemies with her or she will pay you back till the end of your life.
    Arkadij also votes for Vova, saying that itís just because Roman fell below the yellow line for the first time and for Vova itís the third one (and, whatís more, he already got a huge present from Slavik when got back in the game after his first elimination in week 11).

Arkadij's final vote for Vova.

So, itís over. Itís three votes and thatís enough. We donít need to hear from Vladimir and Tatyana. Vova is eliminated for the second time. He doesnít seem frustrated about it. He says he gained everything he needed and that he wonít fail anyone who put trust on him at home. As he hugs with the remaining people, most of them note that he went through a dramatic change inside and became, first of all, much more confident. Vova promises that at the Finale he will be the real conqueror of womenís hearts.

Vova getting in the car and leaving the ranch forever.

When we meet with Vova in September, he looks really good. Heís not very skinny but he has the size of an average healthy man. Slavik is satisfied with what he sees. Vova weighs in and we find out that his current weight is 92 kilos which means he lost 7 at home. Not bad, especially for one month period. Slavik believes that at the Finale Vova will be the handsome №1 and is very glad that he really used those second chance he gave to him.

Vova at the meeting with Slavik.

NEXT WEEK: The contestants will transform into superheroes and will complete a challenge on the roofs of moving semis! They will play the roles of Spiderman, Superman, Hulk, Catwoman, Wonderwoman and Thor. Also: one of the contestants suffers a serious injury.

Week 15 recap: "Super XL-People". Part 1 of 3.

This week, Yana meets the contestants at some uncertain place that looks like an airport runway. Itís night and there are a lot of spotlights. The final six canít get why they are here and what waits for them. Yana says that by week 15 all guys have overcome a lot of obstacles and they now may even consider themselves to be superheroes. And this week they will even feel like superheroes because they will actually play the roles of famous cinema superstars. At this moment two semis that stand behind her drive in sides and reveal six bright and beautiful costumes. Our contestants recognize some of them and are excited to imagine themselves dressed in this stuff. Well, if they knew the challenge that awaits themÖ

Final six listening to the rules of the week.

Yana cites all the superheroes: these are Spiderman, Thor, Hulk, Wonderwoman, Catwoman and Superman (I hope I donít have to tell who these guys are). Right away I understand that there are two female costumes and four male so one of the girls will definitely play a role of the male superhero.

Mannequins with costumes.

Yana then proceeds to explain the rules of the future challenge. Those two semis behind her will move parallel along the highway. The contestants will start on the roof of one of the semis (of course, with safety ropes). On the other one, there will be specific obstacles for each superhero. Each contestant will have to go through them and grab five stars that are located somewhere over there. They can grab only one star at a time. Then they will have to jump back to the roof of the first semi and put the star in the box. As soon as they collect all five stars, they finish the challenge. So, basically they will have to jump ten times from one semi to another. Man, this is some serious s**t, even with a safety rope. I think they better not look down between the semis.
    As the contestants listen to the rules, their eyes get wider and wider. Roman is going to write a will. Olga asks whether they will be provided with Huggies during the challenge. Alyona thinks itís very dangerous (no s**t!). And Vladimir is excited. He waited for such kind of challenge and wants to try extreme.

Now Yana shows the contestants on the big screen which kind of obstacle every superhero will face. For Spiderman, itíll be huge net. He will have to go through this net, grab a star and get back. Apart from psychological fear, it doesnít look that hard. Thor will carry a huge hammer in his hand and will have to smash big nails in five boxes to open them and grab stars from inside. Hulk will face a big pile of tires and will have to climb on them to get the stars from the top and then get back. Wonderwoman will be provided with a lasso and will have to knock down the stars from the net with it. This role looks to be the hardest one so far because here itís a matter of accuracy and precision. This can take time even if she will jump quickly between the semis. As for Catwoman and Superman, their individual challengesÖ are not shown. Only a question mark appears on the screen and Yana explains that these two will learn about their challenge immediately before the action.

Now about the rewards and punishments. The person who completes the challenge in the fastest time, will get 2 kilos of advantage at this weekís weigh-in. The person with the slowest time will get 1 kilo of disadvantage. If anyone refuses from the challenge, they will receive whole 3 kilos of disadvantage. Come on, I think itís cruel. This is a dangerous challenge. I think they shouldnít have punished anyone for the slowest time and for the refusal. Maybe they want to motivate the contestants this way but my IMHO is thatís not right. But whatever, I canít do anything about it.
    The contestants still donít know who will play the role of which hero. Yana explains that one person will determine it. You probably have guessed already that this person will be Arkadij and this is the power that he won as the Biggest Loser at the previous weigh-in. Arkadij has a day to deliberate.

Olga thinks that Arkadij will definitely be fair and give out the roles according to the contestantsí abilities. So in the evening she, Alyona and Tatyana approach him and start to talk about which role they donít want, hoping that Arkadij will spare them. Olga doesnít want Wonderwoman and Tatyana doesnít want Catwoman. Alyona doesnít state properly who she doesnít want to be, mentioning only that male roles will be probably difficult for her. Arkadij promises to take into account their desires.

Girls asking Arkadij for favor.

On the morning of the next day (the challenge will take place towards the end of the week because everyone has to prepare really well) Arkadij meets other five at the terrace and gives them the costumes one by one. He starts with Thor and gives this role to Roman. Roman is strong and adroit, so he probably is going to handle this well, he thinks. Next one is Catwoman and it still goes to Tatyana. And then Wonderwoman goes to Olga. Both girls formally smile and thank Arkadij, probably cursing him in their mind. Arkadij explains that now itís no time for jokes and everyone wants to get to the Finale, including him. So heíll make it difficult for everyone and will choose the easiest challenge for himself. I donít blame him at all. Itís absolutely adequate thinking. For the same reason, Arkadij gives the role of Hulk to Alyona. He says that Alyona does very poorly in challenges so if she wants to stay here, she should prove that she deserves it. Finally, the costume of Superman goes to Vladimir. Arkadij thinks that the challenge of Spiderman is the easiest so he will be doing it.

Arkadij giving out costumes to other guys (Catwoman's in this screenshot).

Girls arrive at the workout with Marina who wants them to do some exercises connected with the moves that they will have to complete during the challenge. First, she has them jumping from one moving treadmill to another. Unsurprisingly, Alyona has the most trouble with doing this. She is very unstable and almost falls every time. Isnít this challenge potentially dangerous for legs? Looking at Alyona, Olga thinks that she wonít be able to jump between the semis and probably will give up on this challenge.

Tatyana jumping between the running treadmills.

Then Marina does some individual exercises with all three. Alyona jumps from steps on the dumbbells, which symbolizes the tires that she will have to climb on. She has some trouble doing this and doesnít land on the dumbbells properly, hitting and knocking them down. Again, IMHO, this potentially may cause some injury because of any wrong move. Where are all the precautions? Then Olga tries to work with lasso by throwing it forward and hitting some stuff in front of her.

Alyona jumping on the dumbbells.

Olga hitting the punching bag with a whip.

Then, finally, Marina gets her hands on Tatyana. They donít know what the challenge of the Catwoman will be. Marina fairly supposes that it will have to do with dexterity. So she pulls some ropes across the gym and has Tatyana jumping over them. And here happens something that had to happen at this crazy workout. Tatyana jumps over the rope and lands on the straight right leg. She makes a scream and grabs on her right knee. It looks like she is injured. Marina quickly calls medics but they canít say anything for sure. X-ray is needed. Olga suspects that Tatyana pretends that she is hurt and does it to escape from the challenge. She can do such a thing, she thinks, because she already did when she was Mafia. Oh yes, what a good friend you are, Olga. I just think that she still canít forgive Tatyana locking her in the ďDungeonĒ with food and going without her on a ride across Dnieper. Alyona, in contrast, believes that Tatyana suffered an injury because there is no sense to pretend Ė the examination will show the truth anyway.

The X-moment in which Tatyana gets her injury.

Tatyana going to the hospital after the first aid.

Tatyana is taken to the hospital. While she is going through examination, men have their workout which also includes exercises connected with the roles that men will play. Roman hits a huge tire a hundred times with a handmade hammer which consists of a barbell bar and some weights on the top of it. Arkadij does pull-ups and Vladimir (who doesnít know his challenge yet) pushes through with Roman holding him from behind.

On the evening of the same day Tatyana returns to the ranch. Alyona and Olga are shocked to see that her leg is totally wrapped in plaster. Tatyana tells them that she still has to go through MRT but the pre-diagnosis is that she tore her meniscus. She is not allowed to move with her leg for three weeks so she will be definitely out of all challenges to the end of the season. If the diagnosis is confirmed, surgery will be needed. I look at Tatyana and can totally relate to her because just had surgery (of different kind, but anyway) myself.

Tatyana back at the ranch after the examination.

Who shocks me in the next moment is Olga. She says in the interview that they arenít as big friends with Tatyana as they were before so now she suspects that Tatyana still can simulate. Come on, is she okay with her head? There was an official examination and she still doubts? Maybe itís time for her to go home. The gameplay thing affects her badly.

Letís move to the challenge! Unfortunately, there will be only five superheroes instead of six but itís going to be interesting anyway.

Stats after week 14 of 17.

I forgot to put the statistics after week 14. Let's make up this space.

General chart.

The Biggest Loser for week 14 was Alyona with 3,13%. There were three Smallest Losers who didn't lose any weight: Vladimir, Roman and Vova.

Arkadij is still the current leader with 3% ahead of everyone. And Vova has the 3rd best result out of all eliminated contestants.

Weight loss chart.

Will Arkadij be able to lose 90 kilos by the end of the ranch period?

Elimination chart. With Roman falling under for the first time, it's only Arkadij, Olga and Tatyana who still haven't been there.

Percentages.

Weeks' Biggest Losers chart. How in the Earth is Arkadij still not here?

Rankings of week 14.

How symmetrical...

Week 15 recap: "Super XL-People". Part 2 of 3.

On the morning of the challenge our five superstars, already dressed in their costumes, go to the highway where the challenge will take place. Yana meets them there and tells that (naturally) one person will complete the course at a time while others will wait in the nearby forest watching the show on the screen. Alyona will be the first to go for adventures which shocks her a little bit because itís always hard to be first, especially in such kind of a madhouse.

Spectacular screenshot, isn't it?

The contestants before the start of the challenge.

Poor Tatyana stays in her bed watching the challenge on the laptop. She also has her Catwoman costume on her which shows that she tries to be the part of the show at least in such a way. Sheís going to watch and comment what she sees. The only thing she doesnít want is Olga having the slowest time (she probably doesnít know what Olga thinks of her injury).

Tatyana back at her room.

All three men and Olga set at some lawn in the woods with a big TV screen showing Alyona already standing on the first semi and getting ready to start. She is extremely nervous of jumping.

The lawn at which the contestants watch the challenge.

From this moment on, screenshots are better than words, but Iíll describe the main details of each contestantís course.

Alyona hesitates a lot before jumping and wastes a couple of minutes. Then she remembers about why she came here and that she has to overcome all her fears and weaknesses from the past. This makes her to complete the first jump, quite normally and safely. Then she quite confidently climbs on the tires and grabs the first star. She again wastes about a half of a minute to do the jump back but still does it. Then she finally figures out her groove and completes the rest of the course fairly quickly and steadily. People at the lawn are very surprised at how fast and confident Alyona is and praise her. Alyonaís total time is 7:25 and Olga is afraid whether sheíll be able to do it with her lasso.

Alyona jumping.

Alyona reaching for the star.

Olga is actually the second to go and Alyona joins the men at the lawn. Olga has almost no trouble with jumping. Her motivation is her kids so they push her to go. The trouble begins when she has to knock down the stars with her lasso. She knocks any of them from the first try and wastes a couple of minutes for this. But in the end she completes the task in 5:24, which is faster than Alyonaís time. Back in the house, Tatyana is very happy that Olga definitely wonít be last.

Olga jumping.

Olga knocking down the stars.

Next up is Arkadij. And I mean this man is not from this world. He jumps without a hesitation to the second truck and climbs through the net as if he did it his whole life. One by one, he grabs the starts and just brings them back. His total time is 1:55 and he is in the lead. And then he does probably the most amazing thing in the whole season. He does Jean Claude Van Damme-style split between the semis! He actually says that it was exactly this Volvo commercial that inspired him to do so. Back at the lawn everyone is dumbfounded and Vladimir also wants to do some acrobatic stuff. I hope that after this he will not end up just like Tatyana.

Arkadij grabbing the stars.

Jean Claude Arkadijdamme!

Roman is the next to go. At first he is shocked at how fast do the semis move but quickly pulls himself together and swiftly completes his task. He has any problems neither with jumping nor with hitting nails and taking stars out of the boxes. If he didnít waste about 20 seconds in the beginning, he would have even faster time. For now, itís 1:51 and he is still in the lead, with only Vladimir having a chance to beat him.

Roman jumping.

Roman opening the boxes with the hammer.

Vladimir still doesnít know what awaits him. When he gets on the semi he sees that this is a little maze with moving walls. Heíll have to push the walls and get through the maze to the pile of boxes, five of which contain stars. Heíll have then to find all stars and get back, again through the maze. So itís physical challenge. But Vladimir has no trouble at all. He moves like a wind, quickly moves the walls aside and gets the stars one by one. Back at the lawn and at the ranch, I see that actually nobody wants him to win, even his friend Arkadij. Still, Vladimir completes the task in 1:39 and wins 2 kilos of advantage. And then he decides to do the trick and does some spectacular push-ups between the semis. Strangely, but this evokes some antagonistic reaction from others. Olga thinks that this is a stupid show which doesnít prove anything. Alyona doesnít see anything peculiar in these push-ups. Tatyana and Roman are plainly disgusted with this because they think that Vladimir stole Arkadijís idea and this isnít a nice move from him. Even Arkadij thinks that these push-ups are a kind of kindergarten thing. Vladimir says though that he did these push-ups only for himself and not for others, because the only person to whom he should prove something is himself.

Vladimir jumping back with the star.

Vladimir doing push-ups.

With this, the challenge is over. Yana congratulates everyone on this. Still, there is some bad news for Alyona. Although she completed her task, she did it with the slowest time so she again will get 1 kilo of disadvantage at this weekís weigh-in. Interestingly, this time Alyona isnít bothered by this. The main thing for her is that she has overcome her fear. And she again vows to work this kilo out in the gym and go through this weigh-in to week 16.

Tatyana wonít get +3 for not taking part in the challenge because she was out because of the injury and not because she refused.

The weigh-in comes now!

Week 15 recap: "Super XL-People". Part 3 of 3.

Everyone is extremely nervous before the weigh-in. The contestants realize that now there are only three of these weigh-ins left to survive. They all want to make it to the Final Four. But today, as always, two people with the lowest percentages will fall below the yellow line and one of them will be going home.

Vladimir has got an advantage from the super-challenge so he is the first to go again. He feels confident after a zero in the last week and with 2 additional kilos. And, quite expectedly, he goes down from 107 to 104, losing 3 kilos. With the bonus, itís whole -5 and his percentage is great Ė 4,67% (pure one is 2,80%). I think that there is no way he will be in danger tonight.

Tatyana uses the crutches to get on the scales. Her leg isnít wrapped in plaster now which I find strange. I thought they said to her that she has to wear it for three weeks? Maybe I donít understand something. Before she weighs in, Yana asks her how the injury affected her. Tatyana (looking quite grim, I have to say) says that she struggled with exercises and of course the injury affected her mentally in a bad way. When she steps on the scales and they start rolling, she says in the interview that she would like to get some minus but doesnít even hope for it/ What? Does it mean she gave up on any activity and all diets? Basically she is sure it will be either zero or plus. And then the scales stop at 86 and itís +1. Tatyana has to accept it. Marina is very disappointed because there are exercises that a leg-injured person can do. And of course there is diet which is 70% of the weight loss. It looks like Tatyana neither trained nor ate right. And here we go: +1. Her percentage is +1,18%. Roman is actually smirking. He doesnít like Tatyana and says that he waited for her to fall under the yellow line for almost ten weeks. And now itís highly probable she will end up there.

Next up is Arkadij. He watches as the scales transport him from 154 to 152, making it -2. He is shocked (this is one of his two lowest number ever here) and realizes that right now itís not enough to be safe. His individual percentage is 1,30%. He is above Tatyana but below Vladimir. Vladimir of course is safe.

Alyona is next. She feels very anxious because she thinks that if she falls below, this time no one will spare her Ė for the fact that this will be her fifth elimination. In confirmation, Vladimir says in the interview that Alyona showed herself to be weak a lot of times and was saved too many times to be saved once more. Alyona steps on the scale and comes down from 93 to 92, for the loss of 1 kilo. She is pretty sure that sheís done here, because with her disadvantage, itís 0 and, respectively, 0% of weight loss. This still places her above Tatyana but she is in huge danger. Meanwhile, Arkadij is safe.

Then we see the weigh-in of Roman. After a bad week he naturally has a good one and goes from 103 to 100, for the loss of 3 kilos. Itís 2,91% and he is absolutely safe. Tatyana goes below the yellow line definitely.

And someone from the other two girls will be there with her. It comes down to Olga. To be above the yellow line, she needs to lose 1 kilo. She is pretty sure that she got this. So I can imagine what goes through her mind when she sees scales going up to 91 from 90 and handing her another +1! Olgaís reaction is just a confused smile. She doesnít get it at all. Marina facepalms and asks in the interview whether this show is called The Biggest Loser or The Biggest Gainer. With plus and +1,10% Olga goes below the yellow line with Tatyana and this miraculously saves Alyona. We then see Alyona sighing with relief and a wide smile. She even canít help smiling when she sees two people who constantly bullied her under the yellow line.

Both Olga and Tatyana fell below for the first time. At the deliberation they both share their stories about how they got to where they were in the beginning of the show. Tatyana opens up about some of her family and men issues and how she got to that diary with 53 men whom she used for her specific goals. However, after this she asks to send her home because her leg is injured and she wonít be able to compete in challenges and to do workouts. Olga talks a lot about her past and how she got that contender personality of her. She also talks about the moment when her husband told her it was time for her to make a change in her life. He reminded her that they have kids and she has to be the role model for them. So thatís why she came here and wants to keep fighting. Roman isnít impressed by any of these two stories. Vladimir and Arkadij, in contrast, start to think over their attitude to these two girls and presume that theyíre going to have a difficult choice. Alyona is plain silent.

Tatyana and Olga sharing their stories with others.

The start of the elimination.

At the elimination room, Roman is the first to reveal his vote. He soberly explains that Tatyana is injured so she wonít be able to do challenges, while others will compete, put efforts and despite this some of them will get disadvantages. This is somehow unfair in his opinion, so he votes for Tatyana. In the interview he adds that he plainly doesnít like her and this leg of her only solidified his decision.
    Arkadij votes for Tatyana as well, because she broke her leg. In the interview, he says that if Tatyanaís leg was okay, he would still vote her out because he is on better terms with Olga and because Tatyana showed herself to be quite a sly and not frank person.
    Alyonaís vote may be deciding. She says that she based her decision on her personal relationships here at the ranch and she communicates a little bit more with Olga, especially in the last few weeks. So she votes for Tatyana, sending her home. While opening the lid she again smirks widely, which I think, is a definite sign of how glad she is to send home the person who directly called her ďb***hĒ a few times. I canít say that I blame her for this display of joy.

Alyona's deciding vote for Tatyana.

With three votes Tatyana is eliminated and we don't have to see how Vladimir voted. She vows to keep fighting and losing weight and recovering from her injury. I still feel a little sorry for her when I see her getting to the car on crutches. This is definitely not the way anyone would like to leave The Biggest Loser. Vladimir shares my thoughts by saying that Tatyana still needed this ranch after her injury and now, after sheís gone in such a terrible week for her, he isnít sure whether sheíll be able to pull herself together at home.

Tatyana minutes before leaving the ranch.

Sadly, but we also never know what the individual challenge for The Catwoman was.

In September Marina visits Tatyana at the gym. Unfortunately, I at once see that she didnít change at all since her elimination and even her face became a little bit rounder. I hope she didnít gain. Tatyana walks without crutches and her leg isnít anymore in plaster but the news is still bad: she needs surgery on her meniscus. To be honest, the girl looks quite defeated and sad. She and Marina go to work out in the pool because this is the ideal place for those with leg injuries. But before, Tatyana gets on the scale and we find out that she weighs 85 kilos now. So she lost only 1 while at home. I just hope this is because of the depression from injury and of the fact that she returned home only three or four weeks ago, and I pray that she will be back on track and will lose 10 or 15 kilos by the Finale, because with her height, 85 kilos still make her very big.

Tatyana in the pool during her meeting with Marina.

NEXT WEEK: The week of extra fast and healthy weight loss! The contestants will bet on how fast they will lose 2% of their current body weight and then will weigh-in in the middle of the week, at the time they bet on, to check whether they did it or not. Also: the challenge with a lot of mud (the one from the spoilers, which helped me to figure out after week 13 that Vova and Tatyana will be the next two to go; check the spoiler below to see the screenshot).

Click to see Spoiler:

By now, we already make bets for the Final Three and for the winner. Arkadij is the obvious candidate for winning the whole thing and he is the most beloved contestant among our audience. So the vast majority thinks that he will be the 6th Ukrainian Biggest Loser. I am from this majority too. But if he doesn't and shockingly gets eliminated in the next week (or doesn't lose a lot of weight in the four month period before the finale), it's probably going to be between Alyona and Roman. Olga is in the clear last place as for weight loss among these five and Vladimir is very close to his ideal weight.

As for what happens next, I still presume that Vladimir will go home next week. It's the season of the men vs. women, so there must be 2 guys and 2 girls in the final four. So I think someone from men will be eliminated in week 16. And because Vladimir is much less consistent in his weight loss than Arkadij and Roman, I think he'll go. Then, I think, Arkadij and Alyona will make it to the Finale after the last weigh-in and Ukraine will choose the third finalist between Roman and Olga (probably choosing Roman because Olga irritates a lot of people).

But it's only my scenario.

Stats after week 15 of 17.

The general chart.

The Biggest Loser for week 15 is Roman. The Smallest Loser a.k.a. The Biggest Gainer is Tatyana.

You see that Tatyana, unfortunately, has only 9th overall result among fifteen eliminated contestants despite the fact that she made it almost to the very end.

Weight loss chart.

Arkadij lost 83 kilos which is equivalent to 183 lbs.

Elimination chart.

After this week, Arkadij is the only contestant who has never been under the yellow line.

Percentages chart.

Weeks' Biggest Losers chart. Out of the remaining people, Alyona and Roman have been here thrice, Olga twice, and Arkadij and Vladimir - none (which doesn't prevent Arkadij from having the highest total percentage).

Rankings of week 15.

We're down to the wire.

By the way, absolutely all episodes, divided in parts, are available on YouTube (there is an official channel). Of course the speech is Russian and Ukrainian, but everyone can understand the key moments.

+ Reply to Thread