+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Re: Season 15 Episode 14 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

There are ladies at the gym I go to that compete in fitness competitions, and yes they do go to a more extreme diet right before the competition. That being said, they don't look anything at all like Rachel. They are fit, healthy, with fantastic muscle tone. They are strong, they don't look anorexic nor do their faces make them look years older because they are too thin. Rachel looks anorexic. There was no muscle tone at all to her. I was shocked at her appearance. I really hope she gets some help. That can't be good for her heart.
    alizarules likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Fort Member

There was a season in Australia where the winner was a male who had lost so much weight he looked like he had stepped out of a prisoner of war camp the backlash was immediate and the viewers seriously angry over him being rewarded for being unhealthy but it appeared he did it just to ensure he won and almost immediately put weight on so that just a few weeks later he looked much healthier
    The problem was his priority was to win the money so he went to extremes when he got home with no thought about his health just the desire to win
    There were also rumous that he had put weight on just to get on the show as he had once been a fit an healthy sportsmen but I think that was a bit far fetched
    As long as there is enough money to change someones life there will be a risk of people more concerned with winning than being healthy

If she dies from anorexia, would her parents have grounds to sue the show?
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Grounds? No. But this is America, where everyone has the freedom to TRY to sue everyone else.

Rachel is over 21 and she's the one who signed a contract with ABC . . . which, I'm sure, absolved them of any blame for any repercussions of being on the program. If she'd had a husband and kids, they'd have had more grounds to at least try to sue . . . but parents, not so much.

To the Point

One of the "Entertainment" news shows (Inside Edition maybe....not sure) talked to her via telephone and she basically didn't answer their question regarding whether she felt her weight loss was too extreme. She skirted it and basically said she felt great. It actually sounded like she didn't feel that there was an issue. I realize that she may not really feel that way, but it didn't make me feel any less alarmed.

I didn't watch the entire season. Does Bobby have any medical problems? I noticed that when he walked on the stage for the first time, it looked as if he was wobbling. I thought he might be weak. Any other suggestions?

I wish Rachel the best too. I do think that if I were in the spot to possibly win $250,000.00 I might go overboard too. I'm not sure how deseperate she was for money, but I guess it depends on that person's need. Not saying it was a wise idea to go down so low in weight, but I can understand it.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    One of the "Entertainment" news shows (Inside Edition maybe....not sure) talked to her via telephone and she basically didn't answer their question regarding whether she felt her weight loss was too extreme. She skirted it and basically said she felt great. It actually sounded like she didn't feel that there was an issue. I realize that she may not really feel that way, but it didn't make me feel any less alarmed.
    Quoting myself....how tacky. It was Inside Edition and she actually says that she followed everything the show & doctors told her and that she felt great at that weight. I really don't think this was just for the win. To make it even worse, the "reporters" said "others have lost more". Made me want to smack them since this isn't about how much she lost in pounds but the fact that she lost more than was safe. They also listed her as 5'5" which would mean safe weight starts at 117.

I also read the interview with Rachel. She stated that 105 was the target she was going for. She seemed really pleased & proud of the way she looked. She even said she wants to maitain that weight. This all sounds to me like the whole distorted body image thing that anorexics have.

No one seems to be mentioning her ribcage. That was one of the things I noticed big time. Those weren't abs you saw through her shirt. Those were her ribs showing rather dramatically. The worst part is that at the finale, the contestants are all wearing Spanx like garments under their clothes to compress & hide any sagging skin or fat. Even with that, her ribs still stuck out.
    mesachick likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It certainly appears as if she has a distorted view of what is a "healthy" weight for her. But there was no muscle tone that I could see, and she didn't look like she could lift a 10 lb bag of flour much less anything heavier. She kept saying she was an athlete, but at the finale I didn't see it any more. That's sad. I had a friend once who suffered from bulemia. She told me that to her, if someone said she looked "healthy" she heard "fat."

Bobby did look strange somehow, and I sincerely wish the show's producers had helped him pick out a longer pair of pants. He just looked like a big scarecrow who walked weird and whose pants were several inches too short, with no socks and dress shoes. It made me wince.

Oh, and thank God Dolvett knows how to dress like a man. He needs to give Bob some lessons. Those pants, the hipster glasses, that jacket...Bob, you're trying too hard and it shows.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It certainly appears as if she has a distorted view of what is a "healthy" weight for her. But there was no muscle tone that I could see, and she didn't look like she could lift a 10 lb bag of flour much less anything heavier. She kept saying she was an athlete, but at the finale I didn't see it any more. That's sad. I had a friend once who suffered from bulemia. She told me that to her, if someone said she looked "healthy" she heard "fat."

Bobby did look strange somehow, and I sincerely wish the show's producers had helped him pick out a longer pair of pants. He just looked like a big scarecrow who walked weird and whose pants were several inches too short, with no socks and dress shoes. It made me wince.

Oh, and thank God Dolvett knows how to dress like a man. He needs to give Bob some lessons. Those pants, the hipster glasses, that jacket...Bob, you're trying too hard and it shows.
    Dolvett looked gorgeous and Bob?? Well I don't know what he is smoking but he needs to stop.

In regards to Bobby, I finally saw his before and after photos and yikes he over did it too. Funny how no one is commenting his "too extreme" weight loss but folks can't stop commenting on Rachel.

I must admit while I thought Rachel was a little too thin it doesn't show as badly on the TV screen as it does the photos.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread