+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/21/14 *SPOILERS*

Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/21/14 *SPOILERS*

It's the Makeover Episode ... and yes it is two hours long .. probably need that time to shave David's beard.

Only two more episodes to go for this season.
    PWS and jafo like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/21/14 *SPOILERS*

Well, they all had fabulous makeovers and look great. Their bodies look great, and some of these women having to stand next to Allie and still look good? Wow!

I feel for Marie's apprehension about having short hair, and expected something much different. When you love long hair, and it sounds like she wanted to grow it when she was thinner, it's hard to think of chopping it all. I was surprised they made her so blond, and on camera it looked a little yellow compared to her tan/orange face, then I actually thought it made her look older. She still looked beautiful, I'm not saying it was bad, at all, she just looked older and I don't even know how old she is! Chelsea, on the other hand looked much younger than she did before.

David looks very nice without the beard. They all really do look nice. It makes me tear up watching their families see them all for the first time - so touching.
    NCLurker, GabbyG, Cootie and 1 others like this.

I was shocked last week when someone posted that Marie was taller than Rachel, but tonight after her haircut it looked like Marie grew 6 inches! I loved her cut, but hated the color- I think it made her look a lot older. Loved all their clothes. David looks like a different person. Loved Jen's hair color and cut and Tanya's as well. I wish Rachel had gone a little shorter and I think Chelsea should've gone shoulder-length short too. And of course, I loved Tim Gunn- he is just awesome in my book.
    GabbyG likes this.

I love makeover week. I think they all look terrific! Oh my gosh! David just walked out and I didn't even know who he was! He was hiding a very nice looking face under that beard. He looks about 10 years younger!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought Marie looked amazing. OK, maybe the color was a bit much, but the style was SUCH an improvement--probably even looks good when she wears glasses... and it while not as poofy it still looked good when she was working out. Glad she made it to make over day. I liked the sexy dress as well. Some of the others looked a bit lumpy (Spanx issues maybe?) in their tight dresses, but she looked good--quite a change in style for her though! I hope it was the weight that hurt her ability to conceive and not something else...I assume they've been tested for the obvious.
    David looked about 10 years younger and very cute. I'm surprised the youngest kid could recognize him! Bobby looked good as well.
    I'm glad we no longer have two similar looking blondes---I could never remember which story went with which... or their names...but at least now I can match the stories.
    Rachel, no surprise, looked good---but I can see if she loses another 20 lbs. or so she is going to have a very long face. She looked really cute in the "German prom" picture.

I thought everyone looked great, except I think Marie's hair is too light.

Two are leaving tonight -
    Bobby -6 pounds (110 pounds lost) in the final five
    Tanya -4 pounds (70 pounds lost) eliminated
    Chelsea -4 pounds (77 pounds lost) in the final five
    Rachel -4 (109 pounds lost) in the final five
    Marie -3 (74 pounds lost) eliminated
    Jennifer -4 (81 pounds lost) in the final five
    David -7 (150 pounds lost) in the final five

Can someone explain to me when all these folks have all these style experts to help you few of the women ever seem to take advantage of doing something really different with their hair. Yes, Marie, Tanya and Jennifer had haircuts, color. I do wish Jennifer had tried bangs or something a bit different but Rachel's hair looked the same before and after. Why bother? I liked Marie's short bob and her makeup looked lighter.

Bobby and Tanya and both delusional if they think either has a chance at winning any money. Bobby winning first place in the triathlon? really? This is season is Rachel's to lose.

These are stats from the Biggest Loser 15 wiki:

Contestant Age Height Start BMI Starting Weight Recent BMI Recent Weight Lbs Lost Percent
    Rachel 24 5' 4" 44.6 260 25.9 151 109 -41.9%
    David 43 6' 2" 52.5 409 33.3 259 150 -36.7%
    Chelsea 28 5' 6" 38.9 241 26.5 164 77 -32%
    Bobby 28 6' 3" 44.7 358 31.0 248 110 -30.7%
    Jennifer 42 5' 7" 41.7 266 29.0 185 81 -30.5%

Has this season seemed really boring to anyone else? I FF through the majority of the shows now just to get to the weigh in.

Everyone looked great. David was unrecognizable lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Finally watched the entire episode and have some thoughts.

Tim Gunn is always the best part of makeover week. Luv the man.

Seeing it in perspective I can see the makeover changes better now. Big difference is an improvement in some of the ladies makeup ... Marie in particular. Marie is only 30 yrs old and yet she acts like a 60+ yr old, like an old maid school teacher, like someone's grandma. Maybe it is because she is shy and or lacks self confidence ... her entire demeanor seems so old and I hate to use the word that way because I know some incredible young 50 yr olds. I can see that this experience has been terrific for her. I can also see that for the others especially seeing them with their family members.

Also after seeing them in their new clothes (Jennifer and Marie had great dresses and notice most had empire waists to flatter the slimmer upper torso and conceal the still curvy hips and thighs that need to go) you really can see how positive this season has been for a large number of folks. But still with only 3 episodes to go was it not very obvious that there had to be at least one or two double eliminations?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast