+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 11 - 01/07/14 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 11 - 01/07/14 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And after all our reminders!
    Tanya didn't look too flattered when it became clear that they were voting out the greater competition. Boy, the yellow line reminded me just why I haven't missed it at all this season. Ugh. All the, this is so hard, followed by doing what's best for them (as they should)....at least this time I kind of believe it is hard as they've not had to do this before and have probably bonded more than a typical season---no alliances.
    Glad to hear she thinks she is a competitor, a threat ... well in her own mind at least. That must have been a big of an ego blow he he he.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What is the point of voting privately if you have to announce whom you voted for? Why doesn't Allison ask for a show of hands of whom wants to vote for A and whom wants to vote for B? Or even Survivor-style where Allison could read them, but no one would know whom wrote whose name? I have liked this season because there hasn't been alliances and and hurt feelings and back-stabbing and am a bit disappointed that they had to go back to it for the last month- it's like they think the audience wants it.
    PWS and zookeepertx like this.

jpr
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    What is the point of voting privately if you have to announce whom you voted for? Why doesn't Allison ask for a show of hands of whom wants to vote for A and whom wants to vote for B? Or even Survivor-style where Allison could read them, but no one would know whom wrote whose name? I have liked this season because there hasn't been alliances and and hurt feelings and back-stabbing and am a bit disappointed that they had to go back to it for the last month- it's like they think the audience wants it.
    I think they have them vote privately so that they don't influence each other's votes. If they had a show of hands or voted publicly one by one, it would definitely end up changing the results in many cases.

I wish they hadn't gone back to the voting at all. I'm sure they think it makes it more exciting and adds drama because of alliances and hurt feelings/backstabbing, etc, but I don't like that aspect. Looking at the success of reality shows that focus on that though, it would seem there is a very big market for it. But I wish this show would just focus on healthier aspects.
    dagwood, PWS, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Personally I would have like to see Tanya go home because she comes across very fake to me, I feel as if I don't know her, and I feel she knows the correct words to say but doesn't back up what she says. OTOH I would keep her because I think I would beat her at the finale. She doesn't come across as having the drive to compete, to succeed. She does the program, but in a half hearted manner. I guess that is what annoys me the most about her.

What surprised me about the returnees is that I expected their weight loss to be bigger than it was. I have to check but I was pretty sure that on their "Where Are They Now" segments that they had lost more weight than at this weight in.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe the where are they now segments were filmed after this weigh in?

O-M-G, longest episode ever. I like the 1-hour usual format, these 2-hour episodes kill me. And can anyone say, "product placement" ??? Subway, Yoplait, etc., "what kind of salad did you get ::cheesy smile::?"

I really like Bobby so I was glad he came back and wasn't eliminated. I have to agree with previous posters on the voting system. I really like the quick red line, the yellow line is so drawn out and of course there are some awkward moments when they have to admit who they voted for.

Boy I do think the producers screwed this one up royally. I am talking about the returnees not looking as if they had lost that much weight and wondering where in the timeline this episode was filmed versus when they filmed the "Where Are They Now" segments.

1. Fernanda started at 250 and weighted in at 208 for a loss of 42 lbs.

Where Are They Now segment see episode 3 post #55 the episode that aired 10/29

Weighted in at 195 for a total of 55 lbs lost.

Later in the article I posted she mentioned she
    now weights 180 for a total of 77 lbs lost which is 28%.

Her goal for the finale is 130.

2. Craig started at 385 and weighted in at 307 for a loss of 78 lbs.

Where Are They Now segment see episode 6 post #12 the episode that aired 11/19

Weighted in at 270 for a total of 115 lbs lost which is 29.87%

His goal for the finale is 190.

3. Holley started at 351 and weighted in at 277 for a loss of 74 lbs.

Where Are They Now segment see episode 8 post #6 the episode that aired 12/03

Weighted in at 260 for a total of 91 lbs lost which is 25.9%

Her goal for the finale is 160.

4. Rueben started at 462 and weighted in at 377 for a loss of 85 lbs.

Where Are They Now segment see episode 9 post #6 the episode that aired 12/10

Weighted in at 350 for a total of 112 lbs lost which is 24.24%

His goal for the finale is to be in the 200's.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, Bearcata--that certainly clarifies that the where are they now segments came after this episode was taped...which makes sense I guess if you read it as where are they NOW, meaning the day you are watching. BUt disconcerting to see the flashback to the episode--not great thought there, producer! Or of course, they are lying!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Bearcata--that certainly clarifies that the where are they now segments came after this episode was taped...which makes sense I guess if you read it as where are they NOW, meaning the day you are watching. BUt disconcerting to see the flashback to the episode--not great thought there, producer! Or of course, they are lying!

Gasp! The Biggest Loser producers lying! Say it isn't so.
    GabbyG and sunnydayz like this.

See where Matt and Hap are: Ousted 'Biggest Loser' contestants drop total of 230 pounds - TODAY.com

Matt is 6'3" and started the show at 356 lbs and was eliminated at 263 lbs or a 93 lbs weight loss and currently weights in at 236 or a weight loss of 120 lbs or 33.7%.

Hap is 6'5" and started the show at 403 lbs and was eliminated at 316 lbs or a 87 lbs weight loss and currently weights in at 293 or a weight loss of 110 lbs or 27.29%.

The interview on the Today Show was done on January 7, 2014 barely a month away from the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast