+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I really don't think Bob's orientation was any big secret, I just think it is something that didn't seem pertinent until now. Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to discuss his sexuality anymore than a heterosexual typically does. It seems from what he said that he's been out for a really, really long time. I didn't get the feeling that he had been avoiding the topic, had anyone pressuring him to keep it quiet, or anything else.
    I thought everyone knew that both Bob and Jillian were gay? But what does it matter, they are there to help people and that is exactly what they do.
    NCLurker and Midol like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I never warmed to Holly. I was even a bit put off by her. People effect us in very different ways.
    NCLurker likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't really have any favorite contestants so far. I mean, all of them are okay. I don't dislike anyone. Ruben may get my bias since, of course, we all knew him prior to the show, unlike all the rest.
    Midol likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So if Holley is at 261 now and wants to get to 160 she's got some serious work ahead of her. If she made that by the finale she'd have a very good shot at the at home prize. I don't think I've ever seen someone lose 57% have we?
    Last edited by PWS; 11-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

This season has been kinda wackadoodle and some of the things they have done don't seem to make sense as far as having hardly eliminated anyone. Well it seems that this season will have 15 episodes and some episodes may be 2 hours longs the closer we get to the February 4, 2014 finale date. Yeap, this season will have a bit of a hiatus over the Christmas holidays and resume in January. Episode 8, 9 and 10 will air Dec 3, Dec 10 and Dec 17, 2013. There will be a holiday break and the remaining episodes will air starting January 7, 2014. No wonder they haven't been in a hurry to eliminate folks. Well, this will be the first time in the history of the show where a large number of contestants have had a prolonged stay on the ranch. But this also means the majority of the contestants will have a very good chance of getting to their goals weights. This is also the first time the show has not aired all its episodes in the same year.
    PWS likes this.

Tanya irritates me as she talks the talk but I just don't see her getting the results of the other folks who may not talk as well as she does on camera but seem to get it together with the food and exercise and get the job done. Same with Ruben, I figure a guy his size should be losing big numbers every week instead of so so. I don't think they are doing their food correctly.
    captain and Shoepie like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As I think I said before Ruben may be especially having problems in that I'm sure he's been put on serious diets before, especially since AI, since now he has "managers", and his body may quickly sense restriction and go into fasting mode--even more so than the others.
    I would guess this is something of a problem for all of them though...no one gets this fat without trying to diet off and on... well, maybe not Holley recently...

I keep thinking of Holley and Ruben being recruited for the show, did the producers go up to them and say "hey you are extremely fat, would you like to be on a reality tv show? You will be weighed each week so the world will know how much you weigh and if you don't lose enough weight you are off the show."
    I know this is probably not what happened but how do you recruit for a weight loss show?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I keep thinking of Holley and Ruben being recruited for the show, did the producers go up to them and say "hey you are extremely fat, would you like to be on a reality tv show? You will be weighed each week so the world will know how much you weigh and if you don't lose enough weight you are off the show."
    I know this is probably not what happened but how do you recruit for a weight loss show?
    In Ruben's case the producers approached him to appear on the show as a ratings ploy.

Some interesting reading.

104 pounds lighter, Alabama 'Idol' Ruben Studdard works toward 'Biggest Loser' finale (video) | AL.com

104 pounds lighter, Alabama 'Idol' Ruben Studdard works toward 'Biggest Loser' finale (video)
    Print
    Mary Colurso | mcolurso@al.com By Mary Colurso | mcolurso@al.com
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on November 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM, updated November 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- He's 358 pounds, and counting.

That's the latest from Ruben Studdard, who's continued his campaign for weight loss and health after being cut from the cast of "The Biggest Loser."

During a recent teleconference, the Birmingham resident (and former "American Idol" winner) revealed that he's lost 104 pounds thus far -- a significant drop from his starting weight of 462 pounds.

Do the math, and you'll find that Studdard, 35, has shed 65 extra pounds since leaving the NBC reality series. Upon his exit, he tipped the scales at 423 pounds.

"I’m doing great," Studdard said. "You know, still on the same plan I was on, and I’m just moving forward."

Episodes of "The Biggest Loser" are filmed in advance; it's not clear how long Studdard has been off the show's ranch, working toward the finale on his own. We do know that he was the second person to leave among the 15 contestants on Season 15. Studdard spent about four weeks on the ranch, supervised by trainer Dolvett Quince.

Studdard's still eligible for the $100,000 at-home prize, awarded to one of the eliminated contestants during a weigh-in on the final episode of the season. (Gina McDonald of Hoover won the at-home prize on Season 14.)

Ruben Studdard 101513Ruben Studdard said he got no special treatment as a celebrity contestant on "The Biggest Loser." "Honestly, some days I kind of wished they would have treated me differently," he said. "Maybe the workouts would have been a little easier. But no, they didn't. It was like everybody at the ranch is on an equal playing field." (NBC photo | Trae Patton)
    Studdard, an R&B singer, said he wasn't about to second-guess his time on "The Biggest Loser" ranch. His progress there varied from week to week; Studdard dropped 21 pounds the first week, followed by 10 pounds, 3 pounds and 5 pounds on subsequent weeks.

"I don’t think that there was anything that I could have done differently," he said. "I think we all are pretty much on the same regimen. We work as hard as we possibly can to achieve a team objective. … I lost 5 pounds in a week, and that wouldn’t have happened if I wasn’t on the ranch. So, you know, people are excited about losing a pound in one week. For me it was a win-win all the way across the board."

Studdard -- the first celebrity to compete on "The Biggest Loser" and the heaviest contestant this season -- said he had no regrets about training with Quince.

"There’s a reason why Dolvett chose me," Studdard said. "He felt like I was strong willed, you know, and had what it takes to train with him. His workouts are ... I’d just have to say they’re pretty insane. And he knew that I possessed the mental toughness to get through them, so I’m glad that he chose me for his team."

During his tenure on the series, Studdard was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Although he called the doctor's report a shocker, Studdard said he was keeping the illness under control with diet and exercise. He's also feeling less stress during his workouts these days.

"Running on the treadmill is a lot easier," Studdard said. "I’ve taken on a promise to myself to have a more active lifestyle."

Back in Birmingham, fans will be able to see a slimmer Studdard on Nov. 24, when he participates in the Magic City Half Marathon. The downtown race is a benefit for his Ruben Studdard Foundation for the Advancement of Children in the Music Arts.

Studdard also has resumed his music career -- he's recording an album with producer David Foster -- and that means plenty of travel. If you happen to see the Velvet Teddy Bear on a plane flight to Atlanta, Los Angeles or New York City, just know that he's feeling extra-comfy in his first-class seat.

"A big victory for me recently is no more seatbelt extensions," Studdard said. "That’s great."

I found it rather amusing some of the numbers this reporters is throwing around as of this weeks episode Ruben has lost only 81 lbs.

So when did Ruben get eliminated again?
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast