+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

I thought Holley was one of the more interesting contestants and was disappointed to see her go. Loved the relationship between her and her mom.

I was glad Bob finally came out on the show. Over the years, the trainers have revealed so much more of themselves, that it seemed silly this particular issue had to be a "secret."
    AJane likes this.

I thought Bob took everyone to his home one season and his partner was there, But I could just be losing my mind.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It's nice to know she's training so hard and doing well. Also that she's happy with herself. It was obvious her mom and her share a very close bond, and her mom was tremendously supportive. I hope she does well after the show, but I doubt we'll see her slim enough to win the at home prize, as that would be too skinny for weightlifting!
    Holley competes in the super size division men and women compete do compete at "skinnier" weight classes.

There are seven divisions in women's weightlifting the classes are:

48 kg (106 lb)
    53 kg (117 lb)
    58 kg (128 lb)
    63 kg (139 lb)
    69 kg (152 lb)
    75 kg (165 lb)
    and over 75 kg

Olympic weightlifting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I heard in the one of the earlier episodes that Holley's goal weight is 160 lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So she wouldn't be a "super heavyweight" any more, but one of the heavier people in the next group down.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So she wouldn't be a "super heavyweight" any more, but one of the heavier people in the next group down.

I think she will still compete in the super heavyweight category which is 165 and above. I do think she has a goal of 160 but most folks don't stay at their goal weights they float a bit above that. Most weightlifters are more concerned about muscle and not that concerned about fat that is why you see some really big folks lift weights. In one sense they think all their body mass helps balance the weight they lift. I know she was very concerned about losing muscle mass and her strength while she is losing body fat.

165 is a very daunting goal.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    165 is a very daunting goal.
    Considering she has weighted over 300 lbs since 8th grade yes it is a huge goal.

'Biggest Loser' recap: Holley Mangold feels thankful, not cheated - latimes.com

'Biggest Loser' recap: Holley Mangold feels thankful, not cheated

Holley Mangold

Olympic weightlifter Holley Mangold lost more than 90 pounds on "The Biggest Loser," but was eliminated this week after losing only three pounds since the last weigh-in. (NBC / November 27, 2013)

By Rene Lynch

November 27, 2013, 2:04 p.m.

Olympic weightlifter Holley Mangold says she doesn't feel cheated out of more time at "The Biggest Loser" ranch.

In fact, she's feeling quite grateful on this Thanksgiving Eve.

Holley came up short at this week's weigh-in, losing only three pounds despite embracing running -- something she hates -- in a big way and running at least six miles a day several days as part of the grueling workout regimen at the ranch.

The effort would show up shortly after her elimination, when she arrived home and stepped on the scale to discover she'd lost 10 pounds. But on the only scale that mattered this week, she showed only a three pound weight loss, and it resulted in her elimination.

The shocking turn of events seemed to hit her trainer, Bob Harper, the hardest. He was moved to tears, and doubled over like he'd been punched in the gut. (Producers probably weren't happy, either. Holley had been invited to join the show along with "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard, and his weight loss was also less-than-spectacular this week.)

It was no secret that Bob had big hopes for Holley (and still does) and never thought she'd be staring down elimination at this point in the game. He never really considered her when he mulled over how to best use his one and only trainer save. So it was a save that he used just last week.

It all led up to this question for Holley during today's media conference call: Did she feel cheated?

Answer: Nope.

"I don't feel cheated at all," she said. "Everything worked out wonderfully. It was a good time for me to leave the show."

Holley, who has lost more than 90 pounds after starting the show at 351 pounds, said she told Bob early on that she did not want him to use the save on her. She said she never had any plans to stick around long enough to win the show. She just wanted enough time with Bob, and to mull over a new strategy for her personal and professional life. And she says that's exactly what she got.

As weird as it sounds, Holley said, she was afraid to lose weight. As an athlete, she'd been rewarded for so long for being so big, with so many around her equating her size with strength. She feared that losing weight would mean losing power and ruin her goal of medaling at the next Olympics.

"I had a very hard time accepting... that I can lose weight and it is not going to ruin my career."

She said that thanks to Bob, she now knows the opposite is true: "I know I can lose weight and still be a medalist in Rio."

Holley said she cannot explain her lack of weight loss at the weigh in. "I worked my butt off that week... It was shocking because I ran so much."

She said she hasn't missed a step since returning home. "As soon as I stepped off the plane I was back in the gym lifting. I got to dive right back in."
    The reporter mentions that Holley lost more than 90lbs on the BL ranch. Well, Holley started at 351 and left at 288 and that is 63 lbs not 90 lbs. If Holley has currently lost more than 90 lbs she should be at 261 which is 27 lbs less than her elimination weight in.

Luv the part where Holley says she was afraid to lose weight because she had been rewarded for being big, for being strong and that she was afraid it would ruin her potential winning an Olympic medal.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-28-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    JulieAnn likes this.

She said she hasn't missed a step since returning home. "As soon as I stepped off the plane I was back in the gym lifting. I got to dive right back in."
    That's someone who loves what she does. I hope she is successful in a new weight class.

The Bob thing had me scratching my head. I thought his sexuality was common knowledge.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

To the Point

I really don't think Bob's orientation was any big secret, I just think it is something that didn't seem pertinent until now. Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to discuss his sexuality anymore than a heterosexual typically does. It seems from what he said that he's been out for a really, really long time. I didn't get the feeling that he had been avoiding the topic, had anyone pressuring him to keep it quiet, or anything else.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast