+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Re: Season 15 Episode 7 - 11/26 *SPOILERS*

Looks as if there will a spinning wheel and whomever it stops on will be the eliminated player but we won't see it until next week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, Holly had on about a pound of eyelashes and eye glitter, but I have to admit it improved her looks....gave her eyes much more definition. And was she wearing extensions or just a better hairstyle. The "girls" must have done a make over session with her---I tuned in late, maybe I missed it? Anyway, best I've seen her look so far and it wasn't due to weight loss. 60 lbs. or so isn't all that much at her starting weight. Looking forward to seeing her next week.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Looks as if there will a spinning wheel and whomever it stops on will be the eliminated player but we won't see it until next week.
    Or the person going home for the week, like posted earlier. I'm almost positive that's what will happen.

It seems as if this was the first time in many seasons, someone on the winning team did not give up his/her family visit to another.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought the spinning wheel was to choose which person from each team would be weighed....so one person would determine the fate of the team, not the average, and they wouldn't know until the weigh in who it was.

My daughter's question after the scene between Bob and Bobby: Mom, why is Bob wearing a t-shirt that says "Hot dogs and cupcakes" when he wouldn't be caught dead eating either one?"

I always assumed Bob was gay. Didn't realize it was a huge secret?!

Next week the roulette wheel will decide which contestant from each team goes home for the week, and only that person's weight will count for their team or something like that. It's been done before. I'm pretty positive that's what Alison was alluding to with her "she's not the only one going home this week"

I bet Bob wishes he's used his save, huh? He was genuinely upset to see Holly go. I wish she had made it to makeover week. That eye shadow she had on at the weigh in, combined with her choices for hair styles...that girl needs some Tim Gunn!!

Why didn't we see the reunion between that blonde girl and her husband/boyfriend, or did we and I somehow blocked it out? I saw her sitting with a guy at the table and wondered, who is that? Also, did the other players get a Thanksgiving dinner or were they eating Jenni-O sausages back in the kitchen?
    JohnnyK likes this.

Olympian says appearing on 'Biggest Loser' helped her

Olympian says appearing on 'Biggest Loser' helped her
    Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY Sports 1:16 p.m. EDT October 15, 2013
    2013-10-15-holley-mangold

When Olympic weightlifter Holley Mangold got the call about competing on the 15th season of The Biggest Loser, which premieres tonight on NBC, her coach, Mark Cannella, had one thought.

"No," he said. Mangold had the Pan American Championships and the World University Games coming up, and simply qualifying for those events was significant, given Mangold was coming off major wrist surgery.

She managed to convince Cannella the show would help her weightlifting career. "It would be a great platform, not only to help me lose weight and get down to the weight I need to be to be the best weightlifter I can be but to get my name and the sport out there," Mangold told USA TODAY Sports.

At the London Olympics, where Mangold competed with her injured wrist, she weighed 346 pounds, 60 pounds heavier than anyone else in her weight class, which is set at 165pounds and over. She said that was too big for the super heavyweight division. Being smaller will help her train harder for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janiero, she said.

When the call came, Mangold said, her first thought was, "I must be really fat if they called me."

"It was a bit of a jolt," she said. "Then I got over that and said it was a huge opportunity." Her starting weight was 351; she is not allowed to reveal how much she has lost.

Now back in training for December's American Open, Mangold said her right wrist felt fine. "I think The Biggest Loser really helped my wrist, because I laid off of it," she said.

Mangold, 23, hadn't realized the damage she had done until she returned from London and her doctor told her the injury was career-ending. She tore every ligament in her right wrist. "He told me I wouldn't lift 100 pounds over my head, and it crushed me for about a day before I realized I was not going to let my body tell me no," she said.

The former high school football player whose brother, Nick, plays for the New York Jets, always has been comfortable in her own skin.

"My message has always been, 'You have to love yourself.' I loved who I was, who I am; I love everything about it," she said. "But I decided I needed to make a change for me, for weightlifting and ultimately for my health."
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think Bob's sexuality was a secret per se he just never felt that his sexuality has anything to do with the job he is paid to perform. This episode he, apparently felt he had some direct experience he could contribute. Since Bobby came out on television I expect he will have to have a "telling dad" moment prior to the airing of the shows. Whether that will be televised or kept quiet will have to depend on how production sees fit to use it. These games with people's lives are dangerous.

I felt really bad for Holley and I was surprised I hadn't seen it coming. So much had been focused on her relationship with Bob that I should have taken more notice.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

When the call came, Mangold said, her first thought was, "I must be really fat if they called me."
    Interesting that she did now know how big she really is.

It's nice to know she's training so hard and doing well. Also that she's happy with herself. It was obvious her mom and her share a very close bond, and her mom was tremendously supportive. I hope she does well after the show, but I doubt we'll see her slim enough to win the at home prize, as that would be too skinny for weightlifting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast