+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 6 - 11/19 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Season 15 Episode 6 - 11/19 *SPOILERS*

I FFed through the DVD segment and Subway spot. That left me with the challenge and weigh ins.

Keep on with the low fat diet and watch the weekly numbers be low. This diet has proven to be unhealthy and counter productive for years now. At the risk of getting an infraction for being a redundant assh*le, I will stop.

Noooooo, wait a minute. There is not infraction for doing that!

Loved the 17 pound loss for David on the red team. Odd that I remembered his name. The one hour format does not allow us to get to know the contestants. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just surprised to see the guy Bob saved. I have never seen him before.

Odd that Bob did a backhanded save for him. He really struggled with it. Nice for a change, because that is really how the other saves could have gone and the other trainers may have been thinking the same thing.

I would like to have known how much Ruben lost on his week+ off. I don't think it was noteworthy or we would have been told. I am going to guess only a couple of pounds. I delete so I cannot go back and look. Anyone save that episode?

FORT Regular

Re: Season 15 Episode 6 - 11/19 *SPOILERS*

Bob would've been stupid not to use his save tonight, as he easily could've lost it had teams dissolved next week like they usually do around that time. Judging by the preview, however, it seems that won't be the case, but rather there will be a double elimination next week. In fact, ALL of the remaining weeks will probably have to be double eliminations with only 6 episodes left in the season.
    Last edited by bencalebrod; 11-19-2013 at 11:22 PM.

They acted like Ruben had been gone for weeks. It was only 2 weeks. Good grief people.
    There's no place like home!

When they said "the player with the lowest percentage of weight loss isn't the only one going home" I immediately thought, this is the time in the show they send one person or a whole team of people home for a little bit to show it can be done at home. I think they wanted us to believe it is a double elimination, but I bet it's not.

Also, the moment they focused on Matt saying he never wanted to put Bob in the position to use his save on him, I knew the Blue team was losing and Matt would be the one under the red line. I don't know why reality tv producers haven't figured out they do that ALL the time....they pretty much tell us what is going to happen by having a contestant say something like "this will never happen" or they focus so much on one player the entire episode that you just know it's their time to go. I hate that, because it's like reading spoilers before an episode even finishes.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    When they said "the player with the lowest percentage of weight loss isn't the only one going home" I immediately thought, this is the time in the show they send one person or a whole team of people home for a little bit to show it can be done at home. I think they wanted us to believe it is a double elimination, but I bet it's not.
    The problem is, there are still 13 contestants left and only 5 weeks left before the finale, so the show HAS to have double eliminations pretty much every week from here on in.
    Maybaybie likes this.

When I watched the part where Reuben and Duvet went to visit Reuben's music arranger(or whoever that was) it was completely obvious to me that that segment was why they made such a big deal out of the caffine pills and brought Reuben back. I'm sure that segment had been planned weeks before.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Call me cynical but I can't help but think:

1. The White teams 'violation' was a setup to bring back Reuben.
    2. Bob's team was stacked to make its success more likely (3 men, 2 women (1 of whom is very large))

I am also having a hard time warming up to this season because the episodes seem too short to get to know the contestants. However, when there were 2 hour episodes, I thought there was way too much schmaltz. No pleasing me I guess.

I do like the way they are eliminating now - no votes so less drama.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

Loved the 17 pound loss for David on the red team. Odd that I remembered his name. The one hour format does not allow us to get to know the contestants. That is not necessarily a bad thing, just surprised to see the guy Bob saved. I have never seen him before.
    So true on both counts. I can't tell you who any of the contestants are beyond the "famous" people. And I swear I've never before seen the guy Bob saved! LOL

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Haven't been posting much this season...no good reason, just busy, but I agree it's true that I don't feel I know many of the people yet. The singer, the weight lifter, and the guy whose first wife died---we've seen his "first wife" clip about 20 times now...wonder how that makes wife #2 feel? She sure gets no play. Tonight we found out that one of the guys is gay...but I'm already forgetting which one it is. 90 minutes might work fine for this show, as long as they keep the red line and we don't get back into the horrid game play.
    SPeaking of which, who thinks Bob's team was encouraged to water load some the (first) week they had immunity? They didn't lose much, then the next week, unlike every other team member they all had huge double digit losses, which would have protected them from being on the line (it turned out they didn't need the protection as they had immunity sprung on them at the weigh in, but they didn't know that). I'm kind of glad they lost this week and Bob had to cough up his save.
    Photobabe likes this.

Horrible shade of pink on Holly. She needs some good styling advice- side ponies are ok for a 10 year old.
    Maybaybie and mandmmom2 like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast