+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 6 - 11/19 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 15 Episode 6 - 11/19 *SPOILERS*

The White teams 'violation' was a setup to bring back Reuben.
    It sure was.

I don't like that in the "were are they now" segments they are shortening it an not saying how much the person weights now I would rather have that information than waste 20 minutes listening to the same sob stories and Reuben sing. Talk about promoting a contestant.

That being said I found an article about Craig.

'The Biggest Loser' Craig Arrington talks caffeine pills & weight loss - The Biggest Loser Interview - Reality TV - Digital Spy

The Biggest Loser' Craig Arrington talks caffeine pills & weight loss
    Published Thursday, Nov 14 2013, 7:04am EST | By Catriona Wightman |

It's not often that we get a scandal on The Biggest Loser, but this week changed all that when it emerged that Jillian Michaels had given her White Team caffeine pills without permission... and they got penalised. In the end, Craig Arrington was the one to go home, and obviously there were a lot of questions we all had for him.

So after Craig spoke to reporters yesterday, we present to you the 11 things we learned about his Biggest Loser journey, with everything from that scandal (and if it was just to bring Ruben back) to how much weight he's lost to whether everyone hates the Blue Team for winning all the time...

1. Craig has got over his exit... even though he found it tough going after such a great weight loss number.
    "It was really tough going out after a big number," he said. "Thinking about that being at home, it's like, '14lbs was awesome!' But you know what, it just showed me that you can't control the scale because there were numbers a lot bigger than mine, and I just feel proud about the number that I put up. I have no regrets about my time, when I went home. I accept my 14lbs and I just keep on moving." He also thinks that it was his time to go, and called his five weeks on the ranch "amazing". "The end last night, it kind of made me think about it again," he said. "I felt like it was premature, but I realized it was my time to go home. So it was kind of an exciting moment at the same time - I get to go home and see my daughter and my family, and I'm really motivated now to just show the world what I can do at the finale."

2. Craig does not blame Jillian at all for his exit.
    "My relationship with Jillian was great," he revealed. "Those first five weeks, Jillian has showed me things fear-wise that I would never face. And I actually use that now as motivation, being home. I use the things she's taught me as a way to excel to levels I've never thought I could before, so I'm grateful for all the opportunities I had with her."

3. Craig also really thinks the penalty for the White Team was fair... Very fair. Really fair.
    Seriously, he used the word "fair" a lot. "The white team was penalised and I think it was fair," he explained. "The contest should be fair for everyone and our penalty was a fair penalty, so it ensured the contest was still fair. So it was a fair assessment."

4. And he doesn't think that it was anything to do with Ruben coming back, so stop your conspiracies now.
    Craig revealed that he'd heard the suggestions that the whole caffeine pill scandal was a set-up to get Ruben back, but he doesn't believe the conspiracies at all. "Ruben's a great friend of mine, and production decided that the person that was eliminated the week before should be brought back to ensure the contest was fair to all contestants, and that's exactly what they did," he said. "I don't see Ruben coming back as being a ploy or anything, it was just about being fair. It just so happened to be Ruben at the time."

5. Craig is still swimming!
    Craig suggested that conquering his fear of the water was the most life-changing thing he did on the Ranch. "Water was something I would never think about doing as far as trying to swim," he said. "It was just beyond just the act of swimming. It was facing my fears and what was holding me back from achieving what I wanted to achieve. I love it now and I thank Jillian for that." He's even in the pool around once a week now, and it helps him to rest his legs. "That's one thing Jillian taught me - that I can't be on my legs seven days a week," he said. "The pool really helps me now."

6. The White and Red Team contestants don't resent the Blue Team. Honest!
    "It definitely wasn't resentment," Craig laughed. "What it was was we looked up to those guys as superstars! We tried to hang with the Blue Team because they seemed to win on everything!"

7. Craig has changed his priorities after being on the Ranch.
    Craig suggested that his one on one chat with Jillian really affected him, as she made him think about his priorities. "Was it thinking about my father that's passed away, or my family at home that's depending on me?" he said. "I think at that moment I realized what's more important and why I'm at the Ranch, and I have not stopped thinking about it since that day." He's even been to his father's grave to help him get some closure. "Going to his grave was a feeling where I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be," he said. "It felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I really felt for the first time he was proud of me, and I couldn't wait for him to see me. I'm even getting worked up now just thinking about it. I use my dad as the reason why I know I can do this now. He's with me every day."

8. Craig is also using his family as motivation on his weight loss journey - even if it means there's less Daddy Time right now!
    Craig said missing his family was the "hardest thing" about being at the Ranch - along with "realizing that I put myself in this situation where I needed to go away from my family to lose weight". "At first I was embarrassed about it, and then Jillian really helped me realize, 'Get over your embarrassment and take on this opportunity and do something with it', and that's the way I feel about this now," he said. "I'm proud of what I've done so far." And Craig is using his family to help him keep going, saying that they are "the energy" that he needs. "Even since I've been home, I work out three times a day and work a full-time job eight hours a day," he said. "But I realize it's something I need to do, and I'm doing it for myself for the first time. So when the finale is over, it will be more Daddy Time! But right now it's my time and that's attaining this goal."

9. Jillian, watch out - Craig's working with Nancy now!
    Craig revealed that he works out three times a day now, and he does classes with a group of different people ("They hold me accountable, so they say, 'Where's Craig?' If they don't see me, something's got to be wrong because he's not here! So they look forward to seeing me every day."). But he's also working out with an "awesome" trainer called Nancy, and suggested that she's really helped him to keep going. "It was Nancy's plan that really helped me realize I could win this show," he said. "When I got home, I was down on myself for going home early, and then I realized she believes in me just as much as Jillian believed in me. It's got to be a sign. These people are not just placed here randomly. It's a blessing that I have two women that believed in me more than I believe in myself, so I've used that as motivation every day to try and win this show."

10. Craig is getting a little bit famous.
    "People have definitely started to recognize me," he laughed. "And it's so funny because it seems like they're motivated now to lose weight. So it's an awesome feeling that I can influence so many people and I didn't realize it."

11. Oh, and by the way, his weight loss journey? It's going really well.
    Craig said that going home has been "awesome" - he's lost an average of 6.5lbs a week since he's been home (which is a good thing, because he's determined to win the at-home prize). "It's not been a rollercoaster - it's been consistent results," he said. "I feel like I really have a plan, and I'm executing that plan now." And that plan is working, because Craig revealed that he's lost a total of 115lbs overall. Unsurprisingly, he said he's "looking forward to" the finale...
    Craig's
    start weight: 385
    goal weight: 190
    needs to lose: 195
    has lost: 115
    needs to lose: 80
    current wt: 270

average at home 6.5lbs
    workouts 3 times a day
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Horrible shade of pink on Holly. She needs some good styling advice- side ponies are ok for a 10 year old.
    I hope she makes it to makeover week. The other women already know how to make themselves look good (except maybe for that blondish woman who wants to have a baby). Holly seems to have not a clue for the most part.

Good to see Craig doing so well. Hope his wife is up for all these great women "believing in him"...like she didn't?
    Last edited by PWS; 11-20-2013 at 11:54 PM.

I hope she does, too but I usually disagree with the makeovers

She definitely needs some support. Even one of the other women could take her under their wing.

Good job on Craig.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Also note to self eating dinner while watching a show that seems to delight in focusing the camera on someone puking isn't a good idea.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Also note to self eating dinner while watching a show that seems to delight in focusing the camera on someone puking isn't a good idea.
    I can eat and watch this show, it's eating and watching Bones that is a problem.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I usually try to just listen to the first couple workouts.

I'd rather hear people vomit than see it.

Yet I wasn't thinking yesterday and saw Jay spew clear vomit on the treadmill.

But I've seen worse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Watching him vomit on the treadmill I suddenly wondered, whose job is it to clean up all that vomit? Half of it misses the pails. On the treadmill, good grief, so it is spread all over the gears and "ribbon"... and then gets tracked around the gym? And I doubt they can get it all off, so will be perfuming the gym for a while.

I'm not jealous of whoever has to clean it up.

I can imagine having to clean up stranger's vomit and it makes me feel sick. Although I've cleaned up my own in the past. maybe it's easier when I already get all my food out.

FORT Fogey

Vomiting is the body saying what the f*ck? Stop it!
    NCLurker and PWS like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast