+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 2 - 10/22 *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 15 Episode 2 - 10/22 *SPOILERS*

I agree.

Also, in the past, episodes were usually two hours long. Now it's only one hour so far. Everything has to be crammed in to 45 minutes or so (commercials).

I always felt that 2 hours was too much but now I feel like one hour is lacking. How about 90 minutes?

I used to fast forward through the fluff & filler they put into the 2 hr format.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Personally, I could do without the trainer "tips" which are nothing more than an advertisement. How long did we see Dolvet talk about the Lara Bars? Plenty of time there to show how the eliminated contestant is doing now.

Two hours was definitely too long, too much filler and recaps. But last night felt rushed somehow.
    angelic_one2002 and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

Bob needs to either grow the beard back or shave it, but this half-monster-'stache and stubbly chin look is just not right. He's a good looking man! SHAVE THE BEARD, BOB!
    He's had such weird facial hair going on the past few seasons. At one point the beard was pretty long and pointy--very Elizabethan. I happen to like beards, but not Bob's versions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Personally, I could do without the trainer "tips" which are nothing more than an advertisement. How long did we see Dolvet talk about the Lara Bars? Plenty of time there to show how the eliminated contestant is doing now.

Two hours was definitely too long, too much filler and recaps. But last night felt rushed somehow.
    Yes, I thinkk 90 minutes would work well.

He was a guest on Bethenny today. She and Bob have different ideas on eating and it was fun to see them, playfully, spar. She has candy in jars all around the place and Bob was shocked. She said just eat a small amount.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I agree.

Also, in the past, episodes were usually two hours long. Now it's only one hour so far. Everything has to be crammed in to 45 minutes or so (commercials).
    Only 44 minutes of show time every hour.

What I did like about this episode was seeing Lindsay one of the three kids from the previous season and how she has continued her healthy lifestyle and how she has influenced her family and her brother. Well I think with her parents it probably was a two way street of them supporting her and getting on board with the food and exercise. It was also good to see her older brother lose close to 70 lbs. This was a great spot. Wouldn't mind seeing Binngo and Sunny either.
    mandmmom2 and Photobabe like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They may show Bingo and Sunny the next two weeks. I enjoyed seeing Lindsey. She looks so good.

I do think the show needs to go to 90min as it feels rushed at just an hour. I like how quick the weigh in has been so far. I always hated how long it took in the past. I'd like to see more nutrition information.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I like how quick the weigh in has been so far. I always hated how long it took in the past.
    I really liked how they had the person from each team whose weight was going to count narrate the weigh-in for their team. It made it personable without all of the pseudo-drama of the drawn out weigh-ins.

Also, I watch the show on Hulu so I fast forward through the challenges and drama--I want the inspirational stories and the transformations--so the 60-minute format doesn't seem rushed to me because I don't watch the whole thing anyway. I get my Biggest Loser fix without having to constantly fast forward.
    Last edited by JulieAnn; 10-24-2013 at 11:24 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm also enjoying the red line. I hope they keep it up. All the politicking was a real turn off, and the phony vote out comments, etc. And that system really rewarded the awful people. Right now I don't dislike ANY of the contestants, and I can't remember how long it's been since I could say that!

We'll get to see Fernanda next week--they probably did that as extra incentive to tune in next week! They even said, in the first 5 minutes! Seh is one with the heavy baby, right? I'm not sure she can blame that o being heavy while pregnant.

I also liked seeing the kids come back (hopefully all of them). This week's kid is still no skinny Minnie, but looks healthy and athletic, so she isn't taking it too far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast